Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I think the stat squish is going to fix the healing and damage issues though. But we'll see.
    Stat squish doesn't fix anything, I got hit for 100k with 400,000 hp now I get hit for 10k with 40,000 hp dat fix. The only thing that's going to "fix" dmg and healing is to remove cd stacking making burst stupid high and healing can be lowered stat squish just lowers the numbers we see it doesn't fix anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I'd suggest watching some Twitch.tv streams or vods from good rogue players. Pikaboo, RZN, hell even Snutzr.
    Thank you, I might do that.

Deleted
    After playing shitloads of pressure-based comps I can tell you this: affliction is no where near in being a pressure class. It does dmg over time, k, but the difference between having CDs and having no CDs is enough to completly rethink the idea of "dots=pressure". SB:SS and CD stacking have completly changed the way the spec functions. If you want real pressure it comes from arms, frost mages and ele shamans, which all have random retarded dmg that comes from nowhere. MoP <3

Yes, the problem with afflic is the same as feral, the burst is easily predictable unlike arms or mages that get 3 crits in a row and drop your health to 10%

10+ Year Old Account
    Pressure is not just damage. If a dps is pressuring your healer, it means that the constant threat is high: dmg, threat to interrupt/stun, get in a bad spot, ... It's one of the reasons why arms warriors are so retardedly OP at the moment: they can keep that insane pressure up because they don't need to give as much fucks about going defensive compared to other dps (because of defensive stance, shield wall, all their escape tools, etc) and thus have unparalleled uptime.

With a warrior on you you don't only take a lot of dmg due to full uptime the warrior has, but deep wounds is one of the best dots in the game. You have the risk of getting interrupted twice and perhaps shockwaved/stormbolt, and double spell reflect.

There is no other class in the game that can even come close to the overall pressure current warriors have.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    How long does it take without CDs to heal someone from 10% to full. 2-4s. Now how long without CDs to dps them from 100 to 10%, 10s+. Which makes you need CCs to deal with that period, or burst to shorten it considerably.
    This kind of healing is fine but it should be costly to the healer. Right now it isn't because most classes don't put out enough damage outside burst cooldowns to eat a healer's mana so it hardly matters if they occasionally have to throw a few costly heals to counter burst.

Instead of nerfing the size of the heals with battle fatigue they should nerf regen in PvP so that healers would eventually be guaranteed to run oom. Right now the damage most classes put out outside burst cooldowns isn't eating mana pools so the PvP game is all about burst and cc chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    if pressure = sustained damage I would go for unholy dk, arms warrior, affliction lock
    Pressure does not necessarily mean pure damage output. Pressure is more than that and takes everything into account, especially mobility and CC in addition to damage. Outside of damage DK's are horrible so they shouldn't be compared to warriors.

Deleted
    Pressure is hunter or mage in my opinion. I havent played hunter alot but playing against them it always strikes me how stupid their dmg is and the added bonus of sikking a pet and a zoo; the zoo does not do so much dmg but damn are they annoying.

I play a Disc Priest and I hate Arms Warriors>Unholy DK>Rogues>Enhancement Shamans.
    It is annoying as hell to be able to cast only instants and spamming buttons to find a 0.5 sec open window to cast a shield between cc and silence if you get lucky. And believe me, instant heals make it impossible to heal through the burst dmg.
    Last edited by Alphamage; 2013-12-27 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Stat squish doesn't fix anything, I got hit for 100k with 400,000 hp now I get hit for 10k with 40,000 hp dat fix. The only thing that's going to "fix" dmg and healing is to remove cd stacking making burst stupid high and healing can be lowered stat squish just lowers the numbers we see it doesn't fix anything.
    Not necessarily. Look at it this way:

In PvP right now most players have ~450k health. In PvE there are tanks with 1mil+.

This matters, because in PvE healers have to be capable of quickly healing 1 million health on a tank in certain fights, which means that numbers have to be massively tweaked in PvP for anything to ever die. Battle fatigue fills this role, kind of anyway. If numbers get squished, and players in PvP have like 50k health, and tanks in raids have 70k health, then healing won't need to be changed so drastically (if even at all, considering raiders heal for more cause of gear anyway) and it'll be a lot easier to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    I play a Disc Priest and I hate Arms Warriors>Unholy DK>Rogues>Enhancement Shamans.
    It is annoying as hell to be able to cast only instants and spamming buttons to find a 0.5 sec open window to cast a shield between cc and silence if you get lucky. And believe me, instant heals make it impossible to heal through the burst dmg.
    Swap to Holy and have no problems ever again. Seriously, none of those classes even begin to bother me on my holy Priest. As Disc they're kinda rough, but Disc is worse than Holy in every single way, so there's little to no reason to play it.

As for the actual question of the thread, DKs put out crazy pressure, but they're easy to stop by simply killing them, and they die kinda fast from what I've seen. Other than that, Mages put out really good pressure because they can PoM Sheep -> Frozen Orb and do like 400k damage in 5 seconds, so if the healer doesn't trinket the sheep it's gonna be bad times. I don't think any one class puts out all that much pressure though to be honest, that's why Healer/DPS vs Healer/DPS in 2v2 will always last 20 minutes unless somebody makes a rather big mistake. Because no single class puts out enough damage alone to actually ever kill anything.

Deleted
    I really want to say Mage. But truthfully they don't even qualify. They don't have pressure at all they just have..well.. fuck. It's not really pressure if you just instantly die. Hunters I guess? Only way to counter a hunters pressure is to pressure him into defensives. Only way to do that is to expose yourself and take risks so I'd say that's the most dangerous type of pressure out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm about to start pvp'ing on my lock soon...from what I have heard AFF locks are good at constant pressure.

MM hunts are good burst

Arms are good for the time being.

Feral has insane burst if they are allowed to get it off.

Mages are always good all around...if you want a class that will always be good...get a mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    Mages are always good all around...if you want a class that will always be good...get a mage.
    Personally, I'd pick mage in a sec if they weren't so fucking shitty in 1v1, wpvp and random bgs. Mages, like warriors, are only very powerful when they support. In 1v1, mages are countered by hunters (a MM hunter would have to suck pretty hard to lose to a mage), rogues, ferals, elem shamans, destro locks and uh dks (goodluck catching a dk in deep freeze with how many anti-stun cds they have if they are smart enough to spec into them).

I'm shocked no one mentioned ww monk. These guys have a a lot of pressure and ways to keep on target.