Poll: If there is no new content until the end of summer, will you stay subscribed?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now my sub is staying off until new content comes out, no real use for me to keep having money taken out when I'm not playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    Haha, so that's what you tell yourself at night.
    yep. "if I cannot beat it, it must be a retarded mechanic". love that approach.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Okay first of all the Mindless Isle got old really fast since there was essentially nothing to work for, once you got the trinket to teleport to the island you really didnt need to go there anymore (not to mention I kept forgetting to remove the thing and then go into raids where I would suck at dps due to loosing a trinket), and I am not the kind of person who gives two shits about a rep grind for a mount. I have 4 mists dragons and thats really 3 too many as they are all just differently colored. I am also not looking forward to an entire continent worth of mindless isle content in wod. I'll just play world of queue-craft instead.

Will I remain subbed? Yes, even if I am not playing wow I will remain subbed so I can show up on the drop of a dime if a friend wants my help doing something or I feel the whim to do something when ever I want. I'm an adult with a career and I wipe my ass with $15 a month, so I don't really care if it costs money.

Finishing up Silver CM dungeons. Will likely pay gold to get carried to transmog gear, then unsubbing. Unless my guild shows strong heroic progression very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Okay first of all the Mindless Isle got old really fast since there was essentially nothing to work for, once you got the trinket to teleport to the island you really didnt need to go there anymore (not to mention I kept forgetting to remove the thing and then go into raids where I would suck at dps due to loosing a trinket), and I am not the kind of person who gives two shits about a rep grind for a mount. I have 4 mists dragons and thats really 3 too many as they are all just differently colored. I am also not looking forward to an entire continent worth of mindless isle content in wod. I'll just play world of queue-craft instead.

Will I remain subbed? Yes, even if I am not playing wow I will remain subbed so I can show up on the drop of a dime if a friend wants my help doing something or I feel the whim to do something when ever I want. I'm an adult with a career and I wipe my ass with $15 a month, so I don't really care if it costs money.
    OOOOH. Mindless Isle works much better than Hello Kitty Timeless Isle. I would like to start using your descriptive.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post

I actually beg people such as yourself... PLEASE unsub for atleast a month or so. Unsub and let your friends know you are just unavailable for 2 or 3 months. The reason I ask this is because it sends a message to Blizzard. Blizzard cannot possibly know that you are bored and not playing if you keep a running subscription the entire time.

Unsub for long enough to at least let Blizzard know that they need to be more punctual with content.

My guild and I are 9/14 heroic in SoO, so I'll stay subbed for a while just working on finishing those fights out. Assuming we get Garrosh down before launch, we'll be farming heroic heirlooms and old MoP raid achievements.

We only raid twice a week and I often only log on for those two days a week, so I don't see that changing before the expansion. But yes, I'll stay subbed.

Quote Originally Posted by thejeremyftw View Post
    My guild and I are 9/14 heroic in SoO, so I'll stay subbed for a while just working on finishing those fights out. Assuming we get Garrosh down before launch, we'll be farming heroic heirlooms and old MoP raid achievements.

We only raid twice a week and I often only log on for those two days a week, so I don't see that changing before the expansion. But yes, I'll stay subbed.
    9/14 heroic on a two day scedule!

recruiting?

Deleted
    If nothing keeps me there I will unsub.
    I can join again whenever I feel like it.

I never understood why some people make it a big fuss and have to force them self or wager long to unsuscribe when they feel bored.

Deleted
    No I unsubbed shortly after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Skul View Post
    I actually beg people such as yourself... PLEASE unsub for atleast a month or so. Unsub and let your friends know you are just unavailable for 2 or 3 months. The reason I ask this is because it sends a message to Blizzard. Blizzard cannot possibly know that you are bored and not playing if you keep a running subscription the entire time.

Unsub for long enough to at least let Blizzard know that they need to be more punctual with content.
    The content will be done when its done. You are not going to teach them to get the game out sooner you are only going to teach them to cut corners and produce a less than stellar expansion. You are not teaching anyone anything by not subscribing, you are just not spending money on -this- game.

I’m a graphic designer and when my employer gives me a 256 page product catalog to create from scratch I tell him exactly how long it will take me to finish the product with exceptions made for any extra products that may come along that take precedence. If he asks me if I can do it faster I say yes, but it will be shitty and no one will like it. He says nevermind and we both go about our day. The book will get done when it gets done. If something else comes along that ‘has to be done’ its going to drive the finish time on the book back by that much. Exceptions also have to be made for unforseen circumstances like if I print some of the pages in the wrong order, which may require me to reprint 20 pages.

You will get your expansion when its ready, if you want to use subs as a weapon to force them to release faster you will just get a shitty product. If you demand extra content between here and then you will end up with the expansion being pushed back by that much more.

Of course it takes time to make a new expansion, this isn’t some kind of raid tier with 4 wings, this is a raid tier, a whole continent, a whole continent full of new quests and mobs, new themes, new characters, new storylines, new art resources, new everything.

In the words of Convert To Raid Podcast, “Calm down and call 1-800-Chill-The-F-Out.”

Depends on when my guild finishes with raiding this tier. We just got 6/14H last night on a 6-hours-a-week two-night schedule, and I've really stopped logging in except for raid time. I'm still enjoying raiding very much, I just don't feel like I have anything else to do at the moment. I picked up GW2, but I've reached max level in that and feel like I'm at a loss for endgame content...

Regardless, I do not expect that Warlords will be delayed until the end of the summer. I'm still anticipating a June target, possibly July. September is highly unlikely, even with the additional PvP season, especially taking the rest of Holinka's tweets on the subject into account.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    OOOOH. Mindless Isle works much better than Hello Kitty Timeless Isle. I would like to start using your descriptive.
    I'll chalk this up to one of the few times we see eye to eye on a topic, but I see we are in agreement here.

Well, our guild still is on heroic progression, though I feel we won't keep it up after winter holidays slacking, coz it seems it just not worth it. I won't cancel my sub though, because why should I? I'm a working adult, 15$ is nothing to me. It is less than one evening of beer drinking in a pub with friends. Hell, I pay more for freaking TV, which I don't watch anyway. I'm proud that I'm staying loyal to Blizzard, even while Blizzard don't give a flying f*ck about customers loyalty.

I plan on playing Diablo 3 expansion and Wildstar while waiting for WoD to come. I already tried to play Neverwinter online, but it is so p2w-like shit that I've uninstalled it two hours after getting max lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Blizzard said that more content for MoP would further delay WoD.
    Well, then they should have planned better before-time.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Uncertain. I'd like to unsub on principle, but there are so many other things to do in WoW besides raiding for some players. Since my guild took a holiday break through December, I've fallen into a Battle Pet collecting spree. I still need to work on Arch as well, for the nifty toys to be found there, though I get burnt out on that pretty quickly. There are easy achievements to chase, having missed them almost purely due to forgetting that they're time sensitive, as well as slightly less easy but still pretty simple achievements I've simply let slide because other stuff seemed more interesting.

It depends on what's caught my interest, come May. If the launch date is announced and pushed back til autumn, I will be sorely disappointed in Blizzard (wtf did they roll out patches so regularly if they couldn't tie it all up at the end with similar speed?) but the other things occupying my time in WoW may keep me paying up.

(I was going to put in something here about something Blizzard could do that would both keep me subscribed to the game, as well as continue playing the game, relating to server transfers and subscription times, because I'm in a mood... but that's off topic)
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig