Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiferr View Post
    Personally, when I play WoW, I'm the type of player who helps out others. I find satisfaction in doing my part of making someone else's WoW experience more enjoyable. For example, if I'm not busy, and I see someone asking in public channels for a ride somewhere on a flying mount, I generally do it, because I know it's a huge help to someone for almost zero effort of my own.

But what drives people to screw others over? Such as ganking, taking payment for things they actually have no intention of doing (ie, paying for a quick queue and takes the gold and run), not paying for services (such as running through instances), or just acting like a know-it-all egotistical jerk because you know more about a game than another person.

Over the years, the community seems to have gotten worse and worse. I remember the days where adventuring together with other players was exciting and fun and sociable. Now it's just a game of who screws over who the first and the hardest.

Just a thought, anyone else have any input? Maybe some good "fuck-over" stories? I'll leave mine:

The other day, a player was asking in trade for an Ulduar 25 man carry for transmog gear. He particularly needed the tier shoulders off Yogg-Saron. He offered to pay upwards of 10k; 5k for the Yogg kill, 5k if the shoulders dropped. It was starting at Iron Council. I got two of my friends, took about an 60-90 minutes to do. Yogg dies, he takes his shoulders, drops group and is never to be heard from again. Douchebag thing to do in my opinion.
    this is kinda bad argument, plus its a game...on the other hand ur right...there are much fewer ppl left that can be called "good person"
    more idiots arise and acting like gays...those idiots are right and the good ppl will be always wrong...thats why there are fewer ppl left, coz its harder to be one.
    its much easier... and everything is oposite. the problem is..ppl dont know how and when its happened and will never admit it coz they are one of them
    just no balance

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    90% of these examples are solved via a simple ticket to a GM. If a player agrees to pay you for a run, or to pay you for a service, or to pay you for anything, it's binding, and blizzard will take action.

Of course, there's exceptions, like giving someone ML, and then wanting loot from them.

Here's how everything works. Always get a verbal agreement. Never give away leader or ML. Pretty simple, really. If someone wants ML or leader on a run where they're paying you, simply refuse. That way, if payment doesn't happen for looted items, you have a chat log showing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiferr View Post
    Such as ganking,
    Stopped reading there.

10+ Year Old Account
    A guy asked for a flight from Jade Forest to Townlong Steppes, offered some gold.

I took him there and he ran off, laughing that he wasn't going to pay.

I said I would have taken him for free, and that perhaps if this is how he gets his enjoyment in life he may wish to rethink.

"Now it's just a game of who screws over who the first and the hardest."

I lold :P But ye its def true