Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    On first point, I can't understand the idea of rolling on PvP realm if the player can't stand world PvP.
    It's not everyone for sure in my example here but I think it's because some love the thrill of the possibility of PVP anywhere and at anytime but only as long as they have the advantage. Don't underestimate gamers love to gank.

Cause after all, more WPVP would be happening on PVP servers if gamers really wanted it to happen. Small isolated pockets of WPVP is all blizzard has wanted us to do for a long time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It's not everyone for sure in my example here but I think it's because some love the thrill of the possibility of PVP anywhere and at anytime but only as long as they have the advantage. Don't underestimate gamers love to gank.
    Yeah well, who actually enjoys getting raped by over-geared enemy player, eh?

But as I already said, PvP realms are meant for players who want the additional danger. And Blizzard should support it on those realms, PvE realms exists for a reason, you know.

Player versus player

Abbreviated PvP, the player versus player realm differs from the normal realm. PvP realms have an increased amount of player versus player combat, in the form of World PvP; entering any contested or enemy territory automatically flags the character being used for PvP combat, and the character cannot be unflagged while in these zones. The player will remain flagged for five minutes after having left a contested or enemy territory. PvP realms are generally recommended for those who enjoy knowing that they could be attacked at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I despise flying mounts, so the longer the game takes them away from relevant content, the better. The lack of danger in the air is sickening.
    But I love them so we cancel each other out.

Yeah well, who actually enjoys getting raped by over-geared enemy player, eh?

But as I already said, PvP realms are meant for players who want the additional danger. And Blizzard should support it on those realms, PvE realms exists for a reason, you know.
    Doesn't matter why blizzard created PVP servers. When it gets in the hands of gamers, it will be warped to their enjoyment.

If that boils down to ganking people while over geared or making sure you always have the advantage over another player, it will happen.

Rarely is WPVP on some equal terms. Most times not even close.

Sure, it's all about being attacked at any time and thats why many are there. They just make sure the odds are weighted in their favor as much as they can.

Once instanced battle grounds and arenas arrived, WPVP took a nose dive for a reward system if instanced combat.

Flying wasn't the cause of it's decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I despise flying mounts, so the longer the game takes them away from relevant content, the better. The lack of danger in the air is sickening.
    So instead of taking a travel system out of the game for max level gamers and for some random 2-4 months, how about we add to the game by having dangers added to the sky for those same max level gamers.

Yea I know. It's too hard for blizzard to be creative like that.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-12-20 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They thought of this but spawning anti-air turrets and dismounting Kaliris everywhere didn't sound like a good idea.

This thread needs to be merged with one of the other ones

No flying till 6.1 sucks by the way. Let me have my flight at max level.

- - - Updated - - -

They thought of this but spawning anti-air turrets and dismounting Kaliris everywhere didn't sound like a good idea.
    Or better yet give us a reason want to be on the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Or better yet give us a reason want to be on the ground.
    Yeah, lets phase everything out so you can't see any resources, players or objectives until you've been on ground X amount of time after landing. At least you could still explore all you want, but you'd be forced to be on ground to play the game itself.

Also ban all chat communication to and from players on flight mounts and pause any pending LFR/LFD queues.

Yeah, lets phase everything out so you can't see any resources, players or objectives until you've been on ground X amount of time after landing. At least you could still explore all you want, but you'd be forced to be on ground to play the game itself.
    I wouldn't say that phasing makes everything complicated.

Personally if the content is good I will land and do it. Just like I do now with my flying mount.

Doesn't matter why blizzard created PVP servers. When it gets in the hands of gamers, it will be warped to their enjoyment.

If that boils down to ganking people while over geared or making sure you always have the advantage over another player, it will happen.

Rarely is WPVP on some equal terms. Most times not even close.

Sure, it's all about being attacked at any time and thats why many are there. They just make sure the odds are weighted in their favor as much as they can.

Once instanced battle grounds and arenas arrived, WPVP took a nose dive for a reward system if instanced combat.

Flying wasn't the cause of it's decline.

So instead of taking a travel system out of the game for max level gamers and for some random 2-4 months, how about we add to the game by having dangers added to the sky for those same max level gamers.

They need to fix faction imbalance and put caps on the factions first. Trying to level my alliance toons on arthas will be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Also ban all chat communication to and from players on flight mounts and pause any pending LFR/LFD queues.
    That is just silly

I will never understand how a person who obviously hates flying so much has been playing a game that has had flying in it for 7 yrs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Personally if the content is good I will land and do it. Just like I do now with my flying mount.
    Define "good content" which satisfies players, and which would make you want to land and stay on ground?

*Complete this Quest without using your flying mount even once and you'll gain 10 times the amount of gold. ~ At least I'd run all the way from Quest giver to complete and return it if he'd promise me 200 gold instead of regular 20 gold reward.
    Last edited by Anzaman; 2013-12-20 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't tell yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to fix faction imbalance and put caps on the factions first. Trying to level my alliance toons on arthas will be ridiculous.
    Putting caps on factions is a terrible idea. The design of factions was (and is) to give people a choice between backing one of the two major lore factions. If they cap Horde or Alliance on any given server, everyone who is refused to privilege to play on the same server as their friends is going to be raising hell just like everyone else who is refused what they desire in this game.

Caps on characters per server is one thing, for bandwidth is limited. Caps on faction population per server goes against "freedom" (for lack of a better term at the moment) for the player, which is what they are trying to push at the moment.

Define "good content" which satisfies players, and which would make you want to land and stay on ground?

*Complete this Quest without using your flying mount even once and you'll gain 10 times the amount of gold. ~ At least I'd run all the way from Quest giver to complete and return it if he'd promise me 200 gold instead of regular 20 gold reward.
    If blizzard wants to give incentives for being a tank or healer why not create an incentive for staying on the ground?

Hell of a lot better idea then removing flying at max level just for them to turn around and give it right back at some random future date.

So many creative ways to make using ground mounts more interesting and blizzard picks the one that actually takes away something the game has had for 4 expansions and works extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by Akali View Post
    What are your thoughts of this
    - Will it slow down lvling process?
    -Will we discover more?
    -Will it fix better for world pvp?
    1) No. Flying is something you couldn't do while leveling in TBC or MOP, and only later on in Wrath for storm peaks and icecrown. So, just no.
    2) No. Instead, some of the places you need to have a flying mount to access won't be implemented for the launch. This was true for some of TBC (Ogrilla and Skyguards rep). It'll almost certainly be the same here. This means they can add stuff in for the first content patch (where they enable flying) without it looking out of place, and without bringing in the timeless-netherstorm-isle-of-thunder.
    (Obviously, not needing everything to be flight-ready will reduce development and testing time for the initial release. )
    3) Debatable. Not if you're on a PvE server. On PVP servers it'll put a stop to ganking from the sky, while discouraging people from leaving cities / their garrisons after reaching max level.
    Last edited by Calaba; 2013-12-20 at 08:23 PM.

Well its both good and bad.

Good because of exploration.

Bad because of stupid forum whining.

Bad. I'm ok with living without it till max level, but not even having it then? Fucking sucks quite frankly, I don't buy into all of Blizz's immersion shit personally. I just want to fly, do my stupid dailies or whatever quickly, BS with friends in chat, then log off or raid. Not have to waste extra time on horrible flight paths that scarcily have improved since vanilla or waiting even longer to run through mobs on land to get to wherever. If people want to be dumb and qq about flying ruining "immersion and exploration", guess what? You don't have to do it, it's entirely optional. If you're too weak willed to not stick with stupidly using your land mounts over flying, not my problem.

Bad.

It doesn't make my game experience easier but it does for Blizzard. I don't pay money to Blizz to take shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    The overwhelming conclusion for this subject is that removal of flying is good for the game. See the 250+ page thread for people all agreeing with each other as to why this is true.
    There have been threads where most people said that they want flying to be like it is now.

Point is people will agree with whatever Blizzard says. If Blizzard increased the GCD by 10 secs people would still defend it.