Is Blizzard under DDoS?

The weirdest thing just happened in a Battle for Gilneas battleground - everyone in our team experienced severe lag, we could not cast spells, could not mount, but we could still move and chat, and see the BG score updates. This state persisted until the end of battleground.

When the BG ended, the "Leave Battleground" button didn't work. After the BG timed out, the loading screen stalled, and I was eventually put on the character selection screen. The location of the character still shows as Battle for Gilneas. When I try to login, I'm stuck on the loading screen.

I tried to access Battle.net forums to see if there are other reports of a problem, but the forum is loading extremely slowly. Other websites, such as MMO-Champion, work OK.

Meanwhile, my wife is in a different WoW battleground, and at the moment seems to be having no issues. What is going on?

I'm beginning to think they are.

At first the lag showed up, Was horrible, Vanished, And just came back again.

Even the WoW website is giving me a "Problem loading page" error.

Either one hell of a DDOS attack or their servers REALLY fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Even the WoW website is giving me a "Problem loading page" error.
    Shockingly, the Website & Game Servers are not the same. Lag on one doesn't indicate anything for the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Either one hell of a DDOS attack or their servers REALLY fucked up
    A DDoS attack on Blizzard isn't impossible, but to have any real impact it'd need to be massive, and I mean massive!

Its possible for internet to have issues without being DDoS related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing happened to me about 25 minutes ago and I logged out, haven't logged back in to check.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU or US? On EU they added russan servers in battlegrounds so this could cause it.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Its possible for internet to have issues without being DDoS related.
    That's true but in this modern day of "LEL IM A TROLLZORS" DDOS attacks are thrown around like crazy.

Big/Small websites
    Big/Small online games
    Popular streamers on Twitch.tv

etc and so on

Although there have been some general connection issues reported with various data centers that we communicate with, that's pretty typical and will happen from time to time. As a general note: we do offer our connection troubleshooting page. If the issue persists beyond the steps listed there, please give me a shout! I'll be happy to offer further advice. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Although there have been some general connection issues reported with various data centers that we communicate with, that's pretty typical and will happen from time to time. As a general note: we do offer our connection troubleshooting page. If the issue persists beyond the steps listed there, please give me a shout! I'll be happy to offer further advice. Thanks
    Blizzard on MMOC. Scary. Good answer, we know it was the goblins tinkering with the internets again.