Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    i didnt attack the most successful one, i laid down some facts about WoW. not a fail post if i'm stating facts.
    Well, it's mostly your opinion. Not facts.

We don't need to have a World of Warcraft is best/crap debate in this thread. I am not blaming you, specifically.

Mod Warning: However, I am saying people need to drop the WoW debate in this thread already. It's becoming divergent.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    the success of mario is his ability to stay fresh with (almost) each iteration of mario games. not like wow which is the same thing over and over.
    That's funny...you must be playing some alternate reality Mario games then. Most of them involve getting stars to unlock levels(or earlier simply beating levels to unlock levels). These are acquired by completing various challenges in missions. Many of which involve killing enemies by jumping on their head or kicking things at them. Pretty much every Mario since the beginning I have been doing this and it hasn't really changed.

It's practically no different than WoW. The base gameplay is enjoyable, so people keep repeating that gameplay through iterations of backgrounds, narrative, and usually compliment innovation to layer on the original design. You singlehandedly put down your own argument. /applaud

Edit: Didn't see your warning before posting Fencers, obviously. If you want to delete my post and/or have me edit, please let me know. The intention, which you will know as a proponent of gameplay, is that many games retain their basic gameplay and give it new clothes. That's because fundamentally we enjoy the gameplay. Changing it drastically would be to make the game worse, assuming the gameplay was at its peak for the given design tenets that were employed.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Edited...was off topic
    Last edited by Shaede; 2013-12-26 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it's mostly your opinion. Not facts.
    We don't need to have a World of Warcraft is best/crap debate in this thread. I am not blaming you, specifically.

Mod Warning: However, I am saying people need to drop the WoW debate in this thread already. It's becoming divergent.
    1.not gonna continue the whole wow thing.
    2.if i say that to finish a level in NES mario 1 i have to reach the end(in most levels) and go for the pole its a fact not an opinion.
    3. this whole thread invites a game vs games comparison u might as well lock it.
    4. if there is a mods get together or whatever where u guys choose which things to ban and which to un ban a suggestion from an mmo c user: the whole ban on games comparison on a videogame forum is childish. can you get rid of it?
    5. hell, might as well close down the whole videogame discussion thread if you cant even do any comparison between games, WHICH IS WHAT GAMERS DO ALL THE TIME., fo fear of banning from a mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Not getting any better at that posting thing are you. Hint, discussing moderation is taboo too, make a suggestion to the relevant people.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-12-26 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2.if i say that to finish a level in NES mario 1 i have to reach the end(in most levels) and go for the pole its a fact not an opinion.
    3. this whole thread invites a game vs games comparison u might as well lock it.
    4. if there is a mods get together or whatever where u guys choose which things to ban and which to un ban a suggestion from an mmo c user: the whole ban on games comparison on a videogame forum is childish. can you get rid of it?
    5. hell, might as well close down the whole videogame discussion thread if you cant even do any comparison between games, WHICH IS WHAT GAMERS DO ALL THE TIME., fo fear of banning from a mod.
    I don't agree with your point of view when it comes to WoW, but definitely agree with this post.
    The "best mmo of 2013" is a competition between mmos. Just because you don't personally like the debate, doesn't mean it should be closed. I fully expect to be hit with technicalities and semantics from this(wonder who does that?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, had it been a worthwhile comparison then it would have been fine, but as soon as Tietoso posted what he did we knew the level had been dropped to a point of no return.

Deleted
    Sadly, WoW, and I hate wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    Sadly, WoW, and I hate wow.
    Wow wouldn't be close to the best mmo of the year for 2013 its like saying team fortress is FPS of the year, it has to have had some update/release to be up for an annual award surely?

Deleted
    Best MMOFPS - Planetside 2. Only MMO fps released as a retail version. Good job winning that award.
    Best Action RPG - Marvel Heroes. Only action rpg worth mentioning. Good job winning that.
    Best Expansion - Everquest Tears of Veeshan. What ? Is this a joke ?
    Best Community - The Lord of the Rings Online. Yeah, when a game has an online community of 10 people, odds that most of them are decent are pretty high.
    Best Reinvention - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn. Ahahahahahahahaha. Best and ONLY reinvention in 2013.

Honestly, are those guys idiots ?! Don't you need something like some sort of competition to win something ?! All I'm seeing is winners after competing all by themselves.
    Last edited by mmocb2f003828d; 2013-12-26 at 10:37 PM.

Okay, look. No one said anything about banning people or even infracting.

We do allow valid game comparisons and even allow some off topic discussion. What we don't allow are ceaseless arguments over who likes what game and why. Or insulting the users of the forum or game.

There is a point where mods draw the line before discussion(s) become overly toxic. That is not up for debate.

Again, I am not faulting you personally here. Apologies if it seems as though I singled you out, it was merely serendipitous your posts dovetailed with thread becoming too combative.

If you have an issue with MMO-C policy or moderators you are free to contact an admin.

Otherwise, we all should stay on topic and keep the discussion civil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2, with FFXIV as a runner up and MoP taking third place.