Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Does anyone feel like the Warcraft movie is going to end up really, really bad?

Think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter live action movies.

What do you think at this point?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Too early to tell, really.

seeing as its noncanon lore wise. they have slightly more freedom to not fuck it up.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, Legendary Pictures has some pretty awesome movies under it's belt.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Go watch Moon, then come back to this thread, and share your opinion. Duncan Jones is gunna kill it. (in the good sense)

And lets see, i think Atlas Entertainment, Blizzard Entertainment, Legendary Pictures, and Universal Pictures as the production for this film have about 6.023 x 10 ^23 the budget of those horrible movies you mentioned. C'mon, its gotta be good.

worse than dungeons and dragons? doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter live action movies.

What do you think at this point?
    I can tell you up front that no matter how good the movie is, how perfect in every respect.

The comments sections will be about how bad it is.

Deleted
    Even if it ends up being better than any movie ever made there will always be retards bashing it
    and declaring it the shittiest movie ever made. Just look at how people have bithed and whined on
    everything blizz created since forever.

Im not expecting a masterpiece. I just hope i wont be insanely disappointed with it.

Deleted
    Previous game based movies have failed because they had either Nothing with the game to do, or To confusing for new audience.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't make any kind of a good guess. I'd think most likely it will be a Peter Jackson King Kong "meh."

It's taken Marvel maybe 20 films to find a good formula for comic action and it seems unlikely RPG action will take only one or two tries to get right.

Nothing can disappoint and depress me more than the first X-Men movies.... That and I love Ragnar so I'm excited lol.

I suspect it will be. No reason for that belief other than the fact that I have never seen a good game to movie conversion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way to know, it's subjective in any event. I quite liked the first Mortal Kombat movie myself. It wasn't life-changing or anything but was fine for what it was supposed to be.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I really hope the story in the movie won't be as bad as all the story we got after WotLK, then the movie will be really bad without a doubt..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its way too early to judge right now. All they revealed about it were a couple of actors who were going to be in it but no specific role. All we can do right now is hope it will be a good movie. To be honest though my hopes are pretty high because as much as I hate how Blizzard prices it's digital content like pets, mounts and character services such as name change and server transfers, when it comes to quality they're one of the best. I mean just look at their opening cinematics for their expansions. As long as Blizzard (Chris Metzen to be more specific) has a big part in the movie's production, I think the movie will do just fine.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, what are you basing this off of OP?

Uh oh, two movies turned out bad in your opinion, so all movies are going to turn out bad?

Really at this point, you're just being a doomsayer and nothing more. Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to your opinion, but I think it's way too early to tell.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No way to know, it's subjective in any event. I quite liked the first Mortal Kombat movie myself. It wasn't life-changing or anything but was fine for what it was supposed to be.
    The original MK movie was quite a pleasant surprise. Also, one of the best movie soundtracks of the 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    As long as Blizzard (Chris Metzen to be more specific) has a big part in the movie's production, I think the movie will do just fine.
    I'd much prefer that Metzen approve whatever story they're going to do and then let Duncan Jones do his thing. I generally like what Blizzard does but making four minute cinematics isn't anything like making a two-hour movie. Chris is a nice guy but making him a behind-the-scenes director? No.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

If it's good it has the potential to start an era of games made good movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Marvel's trick is to do it earnest, but DO IT BIG. And do it with lots of really interesting eye candy.

People don't really want character studies in genre action films. They don't want campy, self-aware cleverness either. They want actors chewing the scenery and they want everything bigger and better and different and sometimes jaw-dropping and outrageous.

Even LoTR for all its earnestness was at its heart a BIG film. I think that's what made it successful, not all the hairy footed gay hobbits.

You want one or two leads who are at their best when overacting: Nicholson, Willis, Downey, Mortensen.

That would be my advice. Do it earnest, and do it big.
    Last edited by Normie; 2013-12-20 at 12:48 AM.