Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    also... If this movie is a success then i can see it bringing a few extra subs to the game, not loads but some if you know what im saying.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What i find funny is that, we literally know Nothing about the movie, yet the wow community and so called Fans, are the ones going around speaking about "major failure incoming errmagerddd"

i feel sorry sometimes for the community, make an effort to support it, if you actually Care about it, if you don't care, move along. I for one am very excited for it, even a trailer, i just can't wait for a trailer hopefully at the end of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    I've seen moon & personally I wasn't that impressed.
    We can't all have good taste.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It has the best chance of being the first great Video game movie. A Large budget and a decent set of producers. All 90s films based on comics or games suffer from the same problem which is they thought they had to have a layer of cheese and silliness. Marvel Disney figured out you don't have to do along with WB (maybe too far the other way) and that's why they've been successful. If any video game movie has a chance to be a really entertaining and fun move its WoW. This isn't going to be the next great film, but it could easily be as great as Conan in the 80s etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    It's going to be terrible.

1. It's been in development hell, which is generally not a good sign.
    2. It's live action, which means that it's not going to look or feel like Warcraft, no matter how well they imitate it.
    3. The plot focus as revealed thus far doesn't seem very interesting or compelling.
    4. Video game adaptions never work. Based on what we've seen, at best it may become popular for superficial reasons like special effects, but I doubt even that.

I stand to be corrected, but everything I've seen and learned so far leads me to believe that it's only being done because enough people want a Warcraft movie, not because there is a need for one or that it's a good idea on its own.
    No go ma'm. No go.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    We can't all have good taste.
    I have my taste and that's all that matters to me.

Sturgeon's Law says it will most likely be crap.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It's going to be good to really good. Here is my reasoning:

-Hollywood is DYING for non-rehashed movies that have potential to make really good profit.
    -WoW has a good following, and a potential for additional movies.
    -Blizzard WILL spend the necessary budget to move it beyond all the low budget video game movies everyone has listed. They will get all necessary funding just from the reputation of the game and their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I can't make any kind of a good guess. I'd think most likely it will be a Peter Jackson King Kong "meh."

It's taken Marvel maybe 20 films to find a good formula for comic action and it seems unlikely RPG action will take only one or two tries to get right.
    There's nothing "meh" about Jackson's Kong. I think it's a great movie. I wish he was doing the WoW movie because the Batman movie the guy doing Warcraft did was the worst one ever.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter live action movies.

What do you think at this point?
    and thats what will make it enjoyable. If I go in thinking "this is going to be a loose representation of a story I already know" then likely I will walk out pleased. If I go in thinking "this is going to be canon down to eye color" Im going to walk out chanting "the book was better"
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Deleted
    its a 100milion movie. unless they spend 90mils on shiny cars and booze i bet alot of money will go in fancy shmancy computorized scenes where you wont even notice it is done digital

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Blizzard would ever allow their creation to be bastardized to the point of Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter. We have no reason to believe this movie will suck and every reason to believe it will be as awesome as everything we've come to expect from Blizz, a company noted for its insane levels of quality assurance and strict perfectionism.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Think Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter live action movies.

What do you think at this point?
    Those movies are awesome. What's the problem here?

Uwe Boll isn't directing it, so I have a shred of hope. Guess it depends on the subject matter too; honestly instead of trying to do an original story, would prefer they just cover the First and Second war, depending on how in-depth you want to get that's easily 4-6 movies worth of material there, then add in WC3 and that's another 2-3. Since a lot of WC players have never head of or even played the originals, and more and more not having played WC3 even, that's plenty of history/lore that can be shown. Hell even WotA (sans time traveling loser please) can easily be expanded to 4 movies worth of content. Don't really know why they think it'd just be seen as a LOTR ripoff, as the dynamic is entirely different and our Orcs aren't miserable evil midgets who need to be bred just to stay out in the sun.

Just glad M. Night Shyamalan isn't part of it, he's ruined more movies that could of been great than decent ones hes made.

It's gonna come in 2016 and so far there's very few information available and none negative. It may end up bad in the end but right now there's no reason to feel bad about it at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding this movie, I dont care for it, I wish the project would have been cancelled and forgotten about. If this film is going to try and cram new lore down our throats and expect us to regard the content in the film as a set part of the series moving forward, then I definitely dont want it. If the film is going to be a retelling of events from the RTS games with little to no content that could be considered "new lore", then I will be slightly more open to it. I'm sure I will see it eventually, but its really just something I dont care about and wouldn't be surprised if it did end up being bad.

I'm definitely afraid it will suck. I think it's unlikely it will be anything like Street Fighter bad though. I guess I'm afraid it will be more like The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey bad. (Which is to say I hope they don't try to emulate Peter Jackson.) Or like a generic SyFy movie bad. I really wish Sam Raimi was still on board with this movie, I'd be a lot less nervous.

Well one plus(for me anyway) is the addition of Clancy Brown. One of my favorite bad guys. For the Kurgen!!!

Legendary seems to be doing Godzilla justice to the original work if the teaser is anything to go by.