Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If I got this right, if I havn't got a heartstone key in my mail/junk. I might have been "missing out" on the diablo 3 beta?(I've been signed up long enough for any of the betas)

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    40$ for an expansion pack including only one act?
    Blizzards pricing is getting ridiculous...
    Er, this is almost identical to DII "Lord of Destruction". We got one new act and two new classes, but no new modes, and far less new gear. That was also 39.99 on release at the MSRP. Back then everyone was cheering for the expansion, and I don't mean to insult you or anyone else, but if you play Diablo for the storyline... it may be time to find a new game. That's really not what Diablo is about, if you want that, there are plenty of books, but the games are widely understood to have terrible stories; which is entirely forgivable for a hack n slash action RPG lootfest.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

If I'm reading the blue posts correctly, what I'm getting out of it is, "Oh, you're making way too many assumptions! We're not doing another Orc-heavy storyline! We're covering other races, too! There's also a story in there about Blood Elf Paladins. Oh, and we might throw in a few things about Draeneis too, so you guys can stop whining about it being Horde-heavy as well." Yup, not buying it. Another Horde expansion. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    If you use gmail also be sure to the the promotions tab, I received a beta invite in October but didn't find it until late November thanks to the stupid tabs that don't notify you on your phone you have an email.

Thx for this. Found my beta key there....that i got Aug19...fml

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    If I'm reading the blue posts correctly, what I'm getting out of it is, "Oh, you're making way too many assumptions! We're not doing another Orc-heavy storyline! We're covering other races, too! There's also a story in there about Blood Elf Paladins. Oh, and we might throw in a few things about Draeneis too, so you guys can stop whining about it being Horde-heavy as well." Yup, not buying it. Another Horde expansion. Sigh.
    Fortunately horde-heavy. Elseway it would likely be about Jainas love affairs again....or worse: The rise of pretty boy Anduin as the new alliance hero. *urgs*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    Thx for this. Found my beta key there....that i got Aug19...fml
    Hmm, turns out I've been in the Beta testing for a few months now ...

Deleted
    "As of today, we have sent beta invites to everyone who opted in to the Hearthstone closed beta test prior to Monday, December 16"

Can´t find it in my mail yeah !

I've bought every Blizzard game since WC1 but this expansion will be the first one I skip. Diablo 3 really was a steamy pile of shit, and even if I've tried out the changes every few months and seen the game improve, it just isn't as fun as Diablo 2. While Diablo 2 is a pure grind game and nothing else, Diablo 3 tries to also have a story. A really bad one filled with badly written characters, annoying plot holes and bosses that from the start embarrass themselves by talking with the hero over the radio. Having to constantly sit through the story when all you want to do is kill monsters made Diablo 3 the biggest disappointment of a game I've ever played. And I didn't even have sky high expectations.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronnix View Post
    $40 for a digital one act "expansion" to a mutiplayer game seems a bit ridiculous..
    Diablo 2 LoD costed about 40$ (if you calculate the inflation cost since it went out). They had the same number of content..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    "As of today, we have sent beta invites to everyone who opted in to the Hearthstone closed beta test prior to Monday, December 16"

Can´t find it in my mail yeah !
    Same here :/

I'll skip it till it costs 20€ or so in the blizz store - i can wait.

Deleted
    So am I right in thinking that the comment "we do not plan another card wipe" mean that when the game goes live I won't have my collection reset? I'm waiting on this before I buy a substantial number because it would suck to get the collection I want and then get unlucky after a reset and have to buy more to get the same cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are people gunna complain the WoW Expansion is to much when it is 40 bucks too ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good, seems I'm not the only person who opted in for the beta test and did NOT get the email.

It's nowhere, whooo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Were Blizzard's older expansions like $30 in the past?
    Nope they were $50 or $60, people are just to cheap now a days.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DD version price difference between UK and USA is £13.29 on today's exchange.

That's discrimination.

£50 is also alot for a glorified patch imho

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Er, this is almost identical to DII "Lord of Destruction". We got one new act and two new classes, but no new modes, and far less new gear. That was also 39.99 on release at the MSRP. Back then everyone was cheering for the expansion, and I don't mean to insult you or anyone else, but if you play Diablo for the storyline... it may be time to find a new game. That's really not what Diablo is about, if you want that, there are plenty of books, but the games are widely understood to have terrible stories; which is entirely forgivable for a hack n slash action RPG lootfest.
    please, LoD actually brought TWO classes, the act was humongous, there were plenty of new items and sets and we got runes after all + we actually got different monsters in locations between games, zones were truly random and shit. What does ROS bring? one class, debatable lenght of the act, freeplay mode that should have been in the game since the release and reforging to get rid of the useless stats that clog most of your items and STILL no LAN/offline support.

Im not gonna pay 40 euros for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not. I guess it all comes down to how long Act 5 really is, since I only play Diablo for the story, not for the endless item grind.
    Still 40$ for an expac is kinda weird.
    It's pretty freaking long. I'm in the Beta and from what I'v eseen.. it's 100% better than any other act (aside from maybe the 3rd).

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    So... who else hasn't gotten their beta key even though a blue post "reaffirmed" we received it?
    Did you sign up for the Opt in beta before December 16th and meet the requirements to beta?

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Diablo 2 LoD costed about 40$ (if you calculate the inflation cost since it went out). They had the same number of content..
    yea, maybe if you ignore the fact, that you could only get a CD version back in the day, that included shipping and some profit for the stores/distributors. digital version is free of the extra costs and it goes directly into their pockets. But what can people expect from a company, that charges 15/20 euros on race/faction change, that is a completely automated process that takes a couple of minutes...