Deleted

Looking to upgrade this xmas on current PC

Hey, I'm looking to upgrade my current gaming PC, the specs are:

i5 2500K at a stable 4.5GHZ
    Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 mobo
    Some pretty standard DDR3 1866MHZ (stock is 1600) kingston "home" ram, not gaming one etc timings are 11-11-11-28 6GB
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD (I understand this was a good one back in 2011 but noisy, don't know how it holds by current standards)
    AMD 7850 OC to 1GHZ and 1325 on memory clock, sapphire one.
    OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Power Supply

I was thinking it might be best to get an SSD and some better ram and a R9 270X, I prefer nVidia but I've read good things about the new AMD cards.

Anyway just wanted an opinion from someone with better computer knowledge than me
    thanks

Your ram is fine. You should run that @ 1600 on stock clock settings and not worry about it. You have sandy so you aren't necessary gonna benefit much from increasing the timings(wouldn't anyway, but MC on sandy is suggested oc @ 1600 I think). Its not gonna affect your performance like a SSD.

I believe there was a sale on this:

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Digit...ords=240gb+ssd

over on newegg, but it might be gone now. Otherwise, go with a Samsung 840 pro or evo and reinstall windows(don't clone).

It'll be like a new computer.

Of course, your processer isn't gonna bottleneck a graphics card upgrade, so all things being equal, drop a titan or 780 in that badboy along with your new SSD and go to town.

Kingston makes good ram. @6gb, you're fine for gaming, especially if you're @ 99924 over 1600mhz. Prioritize other parts.

Deleted
    Thank you for advice ordered my 840 Evo today in time for xmas, gonna hold out on graphics card till a later date. Read some good stuff about it, and put ram to 1600MHZ on stock

Deleted
    One thing I'd also consider changing, depending on its age, is the PSU. This is due to component degradation within the converter.