Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I'd like to be able to go visit old places, however quests would be bad because they aren't linear and you have to go all over the zones to find them since there are a lot of them that no quest points towards and stuff like that. But like mentioned Theramore old/new is both in the datafiles while Azeroth old/new is not, only the new one.
    No, that's the point of most people. The game is so freaking linear now you just follow a predetermined line around the world. In pre-cata you had to almost fully explore both continents to hit all the quests. You would go to stv back and forth for 30-32, 34-36, and 38-40. I remember as horde doing the old badlands run from tarren mill to kargarth. You had to explore and experience the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Vanilla questing is a quite tedious without a decent amount of players actually playing it because of the constant Elite quests, to level a character on a dead server during Vanilla / BC was a huge pain because you couldn't do any quest that required a group and some zones were filled with these quests.
    ye i don't know. elite quests wouldn't be much of a problem to solo, lowbie characters are way more powerful now. didn't they nerf all the elites anyway in wotlk?

the old zones would be better suited for questing with full heirlooms too. right now mobs die at the sheer sight of you and outleveling the zones before you finish is a bit of a pain in the ass.

Deleted
    No OP, MMO's don't work like that.
    I just wish orgrimmar would be more trollish now rather than iron horde garrosh

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcruiser View Post
    Heigan had an additional room in which he teleported sets of players during the fight and they had to fight their way back to Heigan's room. (It's the hallway between Heigan and Loatheb with all of the pots/eye tentacles/grubs) I'm really not sure why they removed it.
    Because it made Heigan really buggy. He sometimes teleported himself under the pedestal during the dance, where all you could do was soft reset him. They knew it was cuz he was teleporting a few to that tunnel too, but couldn't fix it back then (at least, I never saw it fixed, he still did it at level 70).

Probably the reason why they removed that ability.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Go and look up what original Heigan the Unclean involved
    Well, that shows I'm a TBC baby if anything ever has Makes me wish I'd gone and done it properly in TBC times but alas I was like 12-13 and was terrible at the game, that stuff would've still easily wiped you. I love some of the notes for the old Naxx tactics though - "Use flares and Basic Campfire as raid markers" oh good lord. At least Warmace of Menethil is still kinda in the game through Demise!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Vanilla questing is a quite tedious without a decent amount of players actually playing it because of the constant Elite quests, to level a character on a dead server during Vanilla / BC was a huge pain because you couldn't do any quest that required a group and some zones were filled with these quests.

And i don't think you will find a long term player base that chooses the Vanilla way of leveling.
    Elite mobs were close to a joke with heirloom weapons. With the constant class remakes old world elites would be almost pushovers now

With the huge increase in leveling speed, such 'elite' quests' would merely be dropped once players out levelled it anyway. A lot of the elite quests can be soloed with a bit of creativity. (Mind Controlling my way through Hinterland troll elites was fun)

I for one, would resub the game if they bring it back as an optional leveling area without cost to their new expansion content.

Though it would be nice to have every item available ingame in terms of style, i don't think that putting entire old Azeroth into the game is the right solution there.

Put them on a vendor or let them drop from certain associated mobs would be the best solution.
    If only Blizzard would get their head out of the sand and just do a simple fix

Did you see any pattern in Blizzard philosophy in terms of outdated content?

If it's in the the way, it will be removed, if not, it will be just left alone.

It is a huge effort to bring all those Vanilla quests, because it surely won't be just a copy paste issue to bring them back into the game so that they work.
    They only revamped once and its NOT because it was in the way. It was done to update the story (they forgot to update the story in some places though)

Deadmines, Wailing Caverns and other revamp dungeons were never in the way, and were simply 'excuses' to remake them, sometimes for new heroics at max level

Not sure on the effort because they are doing 'a different version of Draenor' for WoD so we will see

You seem to quite dig the thing about the Illusion, eh?

The Illusion what i am talking about is that it would create a fake version of Vanilla WoW, when in fact it is not Vanilla anymore because there are some crucial things missing, just looking in the direction of Classes.
    OP never asked for 'Vanilla WoW' (thats in another thread by someone else). Please stay on topic

You miss the point.

I said that showing the people how WoW used to be is nice, but if the travelling around to show them takes too much time, it will bore them.

I did not even mention anything about questing, leveling or any kind of that stuff in the section you quoted, i just said that for looking at the scenery of Vanilla Ground mounts are questionable way of travelling since it takes far too long.
    Because it takes the same amount of time for someone on a ground mount to explore as level 1-59 in old or new Azeroth. Coming back on a flying mount is not exploration at the appropriate level

You are missing the point

Quote Originally Posted by championknight View Post
    They only revamped once and its NOT because it was in the way. It was done to update the story (they forgot to update the story in some places though)

Deadmines, Wailing Caverns and other revamp dungeons were never in the way, and were simply 'excuses' to remake them, sometimes for new heroics at max level

Not sure on the effort because they are doing 'a different version of Draenor' for WoD so we will see
    I fail to see how you make a leap from "In the way -> Removal" to "In the way -> Remake."

Quote Originally Posted by championknight View Post
    Because it takes the same amount of time for someone on a ground mount to explore as level 1-59 in old or new Azeroth. Coming back on a flying mount is not exploration at the appropriate level
    So, people want to experience Vanilla as it was back then? Because that's what i interpretate as "experience at the appropriate level"

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    the old zones would be better suited for questing with full heirlooms too. right now mobs die at the sheer sight of you and outleveling the zones before you finish is a bit of a pain in the ass.
    The Mob strength was not the only issue, a big issue was that many quest zones had a very...time consuming design style, questgivers sent you to some camp which on the other end of zone, or sent you to the other continent just to get a single vial of something.

The Zones were also very unbalanced itself, some zones were just left alone because they were unreachable or simply lacked a halfway decent amount of quests.

Arathi for the Alliance was almost never done because you had far too few quests
    Swamps of Sorrow was pretty much unreachable for any Horde player around ~level 35
    Dustwallow just had a few quests for both factions (Which got fix'd during BC)

Very often, almost everyone ran through the same pattern of zones simply because they had a decent amount of quests while other zones were totally abandoned.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-12-21 at 08:06 PM.

This idea has been mentioned before, but it can ABSOLUTELY NEVER happen. The pre cata world and the post cata world are completely seperate maps, are of different sizes, and shaped differently. It qould be impossible to do the phasing that the OP is asking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I think doing quests or whatnot could get complicated at least behind the scenes.. Though having started playing in Wrath I wouldn't mind seeing what may have been different before then.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChaos View Post
    No thanks, I really wouldn't want WoW to double its size on my disk any time soon
    Of all reasons hard drive space is the one you go with haha

I would love it, but i dont think it will happen.

Havent been a fan of questing since cata, its just not the same genre, its too guiding now, or maybe i have just got older :P

I like both sets of zones for different reasons. Mostly Cata because of the evolution /devolution of a zone and Azeroth because of nostalgia and nostalgia.

I fail to see how you make a leap from "In the way -> Removal" to "In the way -> Remake."
    Because almost nothing is removed from this game (Wrathgate is the only big exception I know of), almost everything was remade into something else including naxx 40

So, people want to experience Vanilla as it was back then? Because that's what i interpretate as "experience at the appropriate level"
    Trying to change the subject again? Exploration = walking and looking around the zone, which is the same speed as now on a character who hasn't hit 60

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    This idea has been mentioned before, but it can ABSOLUTELY NEVER happen. The pre cata world and the post cata world are completely seperate maps, are of different sizes, and shaped differently. It qould be impossible to do the phasing that the OP is asking for.
    The map sizes and shape have not changed for most zones

Some of the maps are exactly the same, Westfall, Duskwood, Redridge Mountains and Arathi Highlands have 0 changes. You are talking about zones like Barrens and STV which now have a north/south map

I'm pretty sure it'd be incredibly difficult to do technically, and that it would add a lot of memory space required to play the game