Deleted

Installing WoW from the disc.

My friend has decided to start playing WoW, the thing is he has a monthly download cap and cant download it yet. I was just wondering if you can install WoW from the disc and if so, does it use up any of monthly cap ?

You'll still need to download a ton of updates either way.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

If you have the Mists of Pandaria discs it will cover around ~20GB of it. At least, my box of Mists came with 2 DVDs.

Deleted
    unless he has the DLC's on disk then he will need to download them which will eat into his cap to a total of about 20-25gig, when he gets to the correct levels.
    so at 70 would need to either install, or download TBC, etc, etc.
    One way around this would be for him to copy it from you, you could copy the files onto a USB stick or two, Or even over a network and copy to his PC, that would work.

He would just need to set up an account with blizzard and log on.

May as well update from the installer and not the discs, because you can start playing before it's compelted the download.
    RETH

I needed about 10gb of download when installed from discs up through cata recently.

The best and quickest bet for your friend though is to put your whole wow folder on an external HDD and take it to his computer and copy it over, it doesnt need to be installed like other programs to work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tired to install from the mop discs last month but it didn't work and I had to download it all anyway.

Deleted
    I know this sounds nooby, But to put it onto his PC from a USB stick would i just have to drag the folder onto it then drag it from the USB to Program files(x86) on his PC ? or do you have to do it another way, Btw thanks for your replies

Quote Originally Posted by ben- View Post
    I needed about 10gb of download when installed from discs up through cata recently.

The best and quickest bet for your friend though is to put your whole wow folder on an external HDD and take it to his computer and copy it over, it doesnt need to be installed like other programs to work.
    ^ was going to be my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    I know this sounds nooby, But to put it onto his PC from a USB stick would i just have to drag the folder onto it then drag it from the USB to Program files(x86) on his PC ? or do you have to do it another way, Btw thanks for your replies
    Just so you know, your WoW folder can be anywhere you want. It doesn't have to be in Program Files (or PF x86) or anywhere else special.

Deleted
    Just copy your install on an usb and put it anywhere on your friends pc.... should work just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drag and drop the entire folder anywhere you want, then create relevant shorcuts.

(or install battle.net desktop app and point it to the right place)

Although downloading from disc will install most of the game, you'll still need to download a bunch of updates.

You can just copy-paste the WoW folder straight away and it works - unless one of you is using 64-bit and the other is using 32 bit, in which case you'll have to install it normally just to create the proper binaries. Once you have the "basic" WoW in place, just copy the rest of the assets manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they changed it, you just load the wow.exe instead of the wow-64.exe to run it in 32 bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just download the client.
    That is what I did. :P
    For the Horde!

If you have a hard drive, grab your entire WoW folder and just throw it on the drive and USB upload it. It's a client and doesn't require actual installation.

My buddy used to play WoW at work through his ipod.