What am I doing wrong? :D

Hey.

Last time I played a rogue was in BC & vanilla, it was my main back then after that druid, DK & paladin were my mains. After few years break from WoW I've come back with a new rogue character. After dinging 90 I geared my rogue very quickly due to Timeless Isle grind & few LRF. I played combat while leveling but didn't manage to get any combat weapons at 90, switched to assassination and got the Timeless Isle daggers.

Now the problem is I've read that the basic rotation for PvE assassination is keeping your SnD & rupture up while spamming mutilate, envenom when on 4-5 CP, dispatch when it procs and under 35% health. Vendetta (with glyph) & Shadow Blades up when possible.

The DPS I manage to do is lousy 60k max. Deadly Poison is on use too.

Because of this I got kicked out of SoO LRF a few times already and not managing getting better weapons (which I hope will solve the problem).

Does assassination suck for raiding? Should I just keep doing raid finder when I get a better weapon by luck? Both my hunter & arms warrior friend win my DPS by far and usually make it in the top 10. D:

Without logs or at least an armory, it's a bit hard to give critiques on what you're doing.

You should be able to pull 100k easily if you can enter SoO LFR

As stated above, without an armory link or logs, it's difficult to figure out what's going wrong for you. If you could perhaps post an armory link to begin with?
    However, I will say that Assassination is weak compared to other specs. You shouldn't be expecting top of the charts, however 60k is exceptionally low for someone who can get into SoO LFR.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
    As stated above, without an armory link or logs, it's difficult to figure out what's going wrong for you. If you could perhaps post an armory link to begin with?
    However, I will say that Assassination is weak compared to other specs. You shouldn't be expecting top of the charts, however 60k is exceptionally low for someone who can get into SoO LFR.
    assassination is not weak

Can't post links due to low post count :/ But my character name is Acuwin. Stormreaver-EU if someone checks my armory.

Sub-par enchant and gemming is seen by just a quick glance.

Pure agility in red slots, agility/mastery in yellow slots and agility/hit in blue slots as far as gems are concerned.
    180 hit on your back, 180 agility on your bracers, dancing steel on both your weapons, mastery on your gloves, a belt buckle on your belt along with a 160 agi gem, and a blue leg armor as far as enchants go.

You should level up your professions. If you don't really have money, going with skinning paired by leatherworking or mining paired by engineering/blacksmithing is a solid choice, you'll need to farm quite a bit with your gathering profession but you won't need to spend anything. (except on training/vendor materials)

You should start reforging. Generally follow the priority of hit (7.5% or 2550 rating) > expertise (7.5% or 2550 rating) > mastery > haste > crit until you start getting tier pieces and stuff where things get a bit more complicated.

Legendary meta and cloak are pretty significant boosts, you should start working on those as they take quite a bit of time and by looking at your previous tiers' progress you aren't progressing on the quests as fast as you could.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-12-22 at 05:08 PM.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest DPS boost to assassination without gear is learning to pool energy to use mutilate effectively during the envenom buff. When I was learning Assassination last tier after main switching that was the single most important thing I learned. The other basics like keeping up rupture 100% and SnD as close to 100% as you can are elementary. Mutilate during envenom is huge and if you don't pool properly it's going to kill your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    The biggest DPS boost to assassination without gear is learning to pool energy to use mutilate effectively during the envenom buff. When I was learning Assassination last tier after main switching that was the single most important thing I learned. The other basics like keeping up rupture 100% and SnD as close to 100% as you can are elementary. Mutilate during envenom is huge and if you don't pool properly it's going to kill your DPS.
    If you can somehow manage to let SnD fall off as Assasination you should probably consider rerolling to something easier(hint: there is nothing easier).

Basics of Assassination:
    -Rupture always up, regardless of CP you have at the point it falls off, you don't want rupture for it's damage, you want it for Venomous Wounds procs(damage+energy)

-Envenom buffs do NOT stack, using 1CP envenom right after you did a 5CP one will make you lose your long duration Envenom for that short duration.

-Energy pooling, under normal circumstances, you want to aim to be able to do 2-3 Mutilates(or 3-4 Dispatch) during a 5CP Envenom buff. Reason for this is that Envenom increases Poison application chance, so you get more poison procs overall.

-You can delay using moves as a Rogue all the way until your Energy is at ~90% of max, there is no reason to go full retard with spamming your abilities, thinking ahead is more beneficial to your DPS in the long run and how Assassination mechanics work.

Make sure you refresh rupture at less than 2 seconds left otherwise you lose a tick which can hurt your dps in the long run.

Don't forget that you have to cast slice and dice just once at the start of the fight , it will refresh itself with envenom .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    If you can somehow manage to let SnD fall off as Assasination you should probably consider rerolling to something easier(hint: there is nothing easier).

Basics of Assassination:
    -Rupture always up, regardless of CP you have at the point it falls off, you don't want rupture for it's damage, you want it for Venomous Wounds procs(damage+energy)

-Envenom buffs do NOT stack, using 1CP envenom right after you did a 5CP one will make you lose your long duration Envenom for that short duration.

-Energy pooling, under normal circumstances, you want to aim to be able to do 2-3 Mutilates(or 3-4 Dispatch) during a 5CP Envenom buff. Reason for this is that Envenom increases Poison application chance, so you get more poison procs overall.

-You can delay using moves as a Rogue all the way until your Energy is at ~90% of max, there is no reason to go full retard with spamming your abilities, thinking ahead is more beneficial to your DPS in the long run and how Assassination mechanics work.
    You are a charming individual, aren't you?

Always use anticipation. Having that, you should always be using 5 cp finishers and you can even stack it up to 10 cp's. Never let envenom buff clip unless you have a full rupture and snd up then you have no choice.

Gear plays a good role for rogues. The more gear you get, the better you will be dps wise.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel