Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Sounds exactly the same, other than Tyrande sounding older now.
    The only thing I notice is that the Warcraft 3 sounds are of much lower quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The only thing I notice is that the Warcraft 3 sounds are of much lower quality.
    Nope, that's not just it.

http://encrazedcrafts.wordpress.com/...voice-actress/

EDIT: Her voice did get better in the A Little Patience scenario:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7sxDKkjN4
    Last edited by Alteiry; 2013-12-22 at 01:38 PM.

Yeah, Tyrande has a really terrible accent that is way to close to the troll one.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    Personally, I really feel that the Draenei east-european accent does not fit them at ALL.
    I feel the Orcs could get a bit more savage-y, too, and the blood elves could have their voices fit their technical but ruthless antics too.

Anyone else? Just me? :l
    Just you, I personally think the Draenei accent is perfect.

Brann Bronzebeard has the worst voice acting of anything.

It's such a awkward cringy American attempt at a Scottish accent.

Urgh, I can't even think about it, it sounds about as Scottish as English people sounding like the Queen.

Tyrande defiantly has a stereotypical African twang to her voice in-game now in comparison to WC3 and it's the same VA :/ She also speaks much faster, and with less authority.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-12-22 at 01:48 PM.

Long story short?

My list of chars that need voice actor changes:
    Genn Greymane
    Darius Crowley
    Lor'themar (His old VA was better sorry, Gideon Emery doesn't suit him).
    Varian, Vol'jin, Orc and Troll Male (because seriously Metzen I'm getting tired of hearing your voice in everything).
    Aggra (my god I hate her VA, she doesn't sound compelling at all)
    Tyrande (Needs her Wc3 voice to come back and stand out more, I know its the same VA but still).
    Every Freaking Dwarf Ever Made (Seriously every dwarf in this game has absolutely no power in their voice, at all, I expect dwarf to be DWAAAAAAAARF).
    Every TAUREN ever Made (see above)
    Every TROLL ever made (yet again)

In summary:

To be honest the VA of WoW in general has its ups and downs but the biggest problem is charisma, none of these people sound like they enjoy their part or feel alive when they play their role save maybe Jaina or the MoP characters. MoP is the first time I felt the voice acting in this game actually felt alive, maybe save WOTLK's wrath gate cinematic and some minor stuff from Cata like Lord Godfrey cinematic with the Worgen.

I feel the problem lies not with the VA but the lack of emotion in that VA, VA is fine, but you need compelling VA to make it exciting.

I would actually like multiple options for voices, so you can sound older, younger, more savage etc. Maybe three different voices per race.

If not though, the Troll combat sounds need redoing. They don't sound like the same 'person'.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Long story short?

My list of chars that need voice actor changes:
    Varian, Vol'jin, Orc and Troll Male (because seriously Metzen I'm getting tired of hearing your voice in everything).
    I don't know where you get Metzen voiced Vol'jin(Currently) or the Troll Male. I know for a fact they have Dave Fennoy voicing Vol'jin (AKA Gabriel Tosh from Star Craft 2) And I've seen multiple people say Steven Blum voices the Troll Male

I'm not gonna debate the others because opinions are opinions and everyone is entitled to theirs (they could be true for some and not for others) but just felt I should clarify Vol'jin at least (Metzen did voice him prior to him getting 'big' though)

Maybe after a survey of how many people play with their sound on, much less the voices.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the thing most people are bringing up that needs to be changes is the accents.

Because obviously having every character with the same bland Metzen-esque accent is the preferred and most comfortable way to play.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I don't think it's needed.. It's kinda funny when ever i hear the human male laugh i get all those memories from back in classic when i always got ganked by a human paladin who laughed as he was killing me..

Male night elf is terrible. Some sentences are hard to hear and they all sound badly acted.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I'd like more variety. Sound "sets" if you will... different behaviors, i.e. your "angry" tauren or a "machismo" human...

These sets could also be used for NPCs (much like there are varying NPC sound sets now) to get more mileage out of the production effort.

Deleted
    Mostly no.

Some of the audible emotes could use a do over like the female Orc's /cry and /laugh together with female Tauren's /cry and /laugh. Otherwise I find the voices rather fitting when you hear them through /flirt and /silly.

10+ Year Old Account

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Whidbey View Post
    Worgen both male and female by British voice actors with real accents. Hmmm Turpster would make a good male worgen.

Tyrande is a definite one.

an updated orc male voice that doesn't sound like WC peon would be a good choice.
    I demand Totalbiscuit be the male worgen voice
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

blood elfs
    human females
    other than that i cant think of anything.

wait i though draenei sounded Russian(which i like dont even change it.)
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    That dwarf laugh. It's a keyboard smasher.

I can't stand both female and male human emotes. The sounds when they crit or are hit are so distracting. The Draenei accents are terrible as well.

That said, for every player that hates a voice, there are players who love them. How does Blizzard chose what to change? I think leaving everything alone is best. I find races and genders to play that don't make me mute the game. Plus, knowing Blizzard, they'd pick new voices that are more annoying what what we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Tauren female for sure. /cry makes me wish i was deaf. It also makes me wonder how blizzard got a sound of wounded rhinos having intercourse.