Deleted

[Mage] Which spec to gear for?

I'm playing mage as an alt and very casually gearing it because I'm mostly busy on my main. Wondering which spec looks like it's going to be good in the next patch? I'm in line for a legendary soon and I want to at least aim for a decent one.

Quote Originally Posted by regii View Post
    I'm playing mage as an alt and very casually gearing it because I'm mostly busy on my main. Wondering which spec looks like it's going to be good in the next patch? I'm in line for a legendary soon and I want to at least aim for a decent one.
    We don't know. That's the short of it.. Most are currently pretty much rolling the dice and hoping Fire is still good while starting to roll on Arcane gear. It's basically a crapshoot atm.

fire will always be relevant for m+ dungeon grind, so im gearing n leveling that to 35, most likely saving all AP items in bank n see how it goes.

Not really liking frost , arcane seems the way to go for nighthold.

Deleted
    Play the fantasy you enjoy.

I've always liked Arcane's fantasy most out of all specs, looking forward for 7.1.5 for sure!

Which spec to gear for?
    I'd say Marksmanship xD

That lame joke aside, I'd say Arcane will be in a very good spot.

I would personally gear arcane, if things stay as they are on ptr, fire will be left behind even if it gets a 10-15% damage buff.

Arcane is already arguably the spec of choice for mythic dungeons because you blast trash to pieces. If you are a skilled player and know how to play the quickening game then boss fights are great as well. (I beat our shadow priests on tyrannical bosses, they are players that parse high on raid bosses)

Deleted
    I am going arcane for sure, because frost is still bad for aoe, and m+ is still big part of my gameplay, other mage in the guild is going for frost, and we both have 35 traits in fire so it should be nice balance.

Currently Frost outshines both Arcane and Fire in single target and cleave fights.

Single

2Target

Sims and pictures are courtesy of Frosted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by Blizzards whole "we want specs to be within 5% of eachother", either arcane and fire will be buffed or frost will be nerfed. A 70k disparity is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakaranailol View Post
    Currently Frost outshines both Arcane and Fire in single target and cleave fights.

Single

2Target

Sims and pictures are courtesy of Frosted.

Personally I don't believe that will be the end result, frost will always be deemed as "the pvp spec" as such it will always be buffed/nerfed accordingly because of it, the safer option is still stay as fire and dump into arcane disregarding frost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.