Need help with creating an installer

Hi, I don't know if I'm at the right place to ask, but I'd like to save my UI. and create some kind of install command for it. So everytime I type some command, the parameters will set for the default ones which is my UI.

I'm only using Bartender, KGPanels, Masque, Skada, DBM, WeakAuras and TidyPlates.

I'm aware you can save your WTF folder and copy everytime, but sometimes you have to delete it to keep clean your WoW folder and I don't want to recreate it every time :|

I hope it's possible, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TyrickEU View Post
    sometimes you have to delete it to keep clean your WoW folder
    why do you need to keep it clean? Are you running out of hard drive space?

No, sometimes you just lagging because of your seven years old settings and you have to delete Cache and WTF folders.

Then just delete the settings you don't need instead of your whole WTF. It's not going to help your lag if you delete stuff and then immediately replace it with the exact information that you just deleted.

Rigth... Still looking for an answer tho...

Quote Originally Posted by TyrickEU View Post
    Rigth... Still looking for an answer tho...
    Your answer was already provided. You simply want a program that will take your current settings, save them, and then overwrite new settings. We have that as copy/paste. You're trying way to hard to make this more difficult than it needs to be. If you want your UI to look and function like it does right now the only way to achieve that is to copy your WTF folder.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-12-22 at 08:54 AM.

Ok, so what if I want to upload my UI somewhere and I want it to be like ElvUI where the user have to install it and it will set things up automatically?

There is another option. Download the Visual Studio Express Edition. In there you can make an installer project that creates a nifty .msi/.exe installer.

An in-game installer similar to the ElvUI style is going to function differently when you need to take into account a bunch of different addons.
    Those addons you describe rely on a saved profile, something which deleting the WTF folder would remove.
    What you want cannot be achieved via the approach you are taking.
    Manually delete the saved variables for addons that are no longer installed, or by using the Curse Client and the saved variables cleaner.
    Open the profile management for each Ace3 addon and delete necessary profiles.

The "nuke it all" option you seem hellbent on doing is completely contradictory to what you are trying to do.

Something like ElvUI has a layout actually coded into the functionality of the addon, rather than being player-created later.

Deleting the cache won't really do anything in most cases, but go ahead if you must.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-22 at 09:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.