Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Its basically gonna be about orcs entering Azeroth and humans slaughtering them one by one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftninja View Post
    Its basically gonna be about orcs entering Azeroth and humans slaughtering them one by one.
    I think you got that backwards sir, if its the first war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftninja View Post
    It'll be about the First War. So technically the Horde is going to win by a small margin. I don't know if that means Stormwind will be sacked and that's the end of the movie. Who knows.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    You could alteast do some research yourself before posting. Did you bother to see the Warcraft movie presentation at Blizzcon or no? Its the First War. Arthas wasnt even mentioned, so I have no idea what you're talking about, aswell as the OP.
    i already knew about the first plan which was the 1st war with lothar and durotan. did you ignore the date on the article? which is dated today. meaning the changed the plan from last month. meaning now its about arthas. which is completely stupid
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It'll be about the First War. So technically the Horde is going to win by a small margin. I don't know if that means Stormwind will be sacked and that's the end of the movie. Who knows.

Did you see how Desolation of Smaug ended? It mite end by showing Lothar and other survivors escaping on Stormwind with ships in the sunset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i already knew about the first plan which was the 1st war with lothar and durotan. did you ignore the date on the article? which is dated today. meaning the changed the plan from last month. meaning now its about arthas. which is completely stupid
    No, you didnt bother to look at it, the arcticle is bullshit, they literally copy/pasted the back cover Artha's book. I'll go by what the convention and the people who made the movie said, over some bullshit article. So yeah, I guess, I prefer to use logic and not confirm anything over random shit on the internet instead of something official, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    Did you see how Desolation of Smaug ended? It mite end by showing Lothar and other survivors escaping on Stormwind with ships in the sunset.
    I haven't seen it yet! When I heard of The Hobbit movie I was like "...About the hobbit...great....I won't like it."

Boy was I fucking wrong. Maybe once Desolation comes available to DVD or rent I'll watch it. I believe it deserves all the praises it gets.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

There is a strong chance that given that Lothar is going to be in the movie this is a prequel to the original Warcraft.

I have a feeling they are retelling the story of Warcraft 1 in Movie Format which would be the best way to go along with a Warlords Tie in since it kinda tells the story of what "actually" happened vs what WoD's story tells us.

I have a strong feeling that they are setting up a Warcraft 1, 2 and Tides of Darkness story in Movie Form which makes "a lot" of sense because its the best part to tell in movie form, its fresh ground for newcomers and it tells the origins of the Orcs vs Humans theme giving plenty of room to add trolls and elves and other races later.

If it takes off, then a few years down the line we might likely expect the story of Arthas and basically Warcraft 3 told in trilogy format to follow, which also makes sense, basically of all the areas in Warcrafts universe to tell the story, the first three games are the most fertile soil for a movie adaptation.

Keep in mind people, a movie would effectively take away pieces of the universe you know and love to make sense for people that are new to the series, so don't expect this to be a perfectly "lore faithful" movie, it wont be, since franchises have to appeal to a larger audience.

Deleted
    I think if it includes Arthas and they pull it off well like they do in the trailers, it can be one of the biggest cinema successes ever accomplished. But, as most people already said, they won't likely do that. Besides, if you think about it, it would be quite stupid from Blizzard to create an atmosphere where everyone even more says: ''Omg, the Lich King days were so awesome, WoW really sucks right now doesn't it?'' So ye, marketing wise it wouldn't be the best strategy ever but I don't think the Warlords story appeals to that large audience like the Lich King does. The Lich King >>> Sauron bigtime imo, and look how popular those movies are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    There is a strong chance that given that Lothar is going to be in the movie this is a prequel to the original Warcraft.

I have a feeling they are retelling the story of Warcraft 1 in Movie Format which would be the best way to go along with a Warlords Tie in since it kinda tells the story of what "actually" happened vs what WoD's story tells us.

I have a strong feeling that they are setting up a Warcraft 1, 2 and Tides of Darkness story in Movie Form which makes "a lot" of sense because its the best part to tell in movie form, its fresh ground for newcomers and it tells the origins of the Orcs vs Humans theme giving plenty of room to add trolls and elves and other races later.

If it takes off, then a few years down the line we might likely expect the story of Arthas and basically Warcraft 3 told in trilogy format to follow, which also makes sense, basically of all the areas in Warcrafts universe to tell the story, the first three games are the most fertile soil for a movie adaptation.

Keep in mind people, a movie would effectively take away pieces of the universe you know and love to make sense for people that are new to the series, so don't expect this to be a perfectly "lore faithful" movie, it wont be, since franchises have to appeal to a larger audience.
    This could be working really well, as most people don't even know the story before Warcraft 3.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That line from the casting call is obviously misdirection. Durotan and Lothar, as others mentioned, will be in the film, so it's clear the filmmakers and the guys at Blizzard want to start the film series the same way they did with the video games-in the beginning.
    It'd make 'absolutely 0 sense' to give us Arthas' story straight away because there'd have to be truck loads of exposition to dump on our collective minds. A new audience would be confused.
    I can't wait to see Conflagration!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?