Deleted

Tanking Herald of the Titans - Stat Priority?

Hey guys,

So I'm prepping this character to tank Algalon for the Herald achievement.

From the research I've done, the advice seems to be reforge everything into Mastery because it's scaling is OP at level 80. However, these sources seem to be somewhat out of date; since MoP I realise that Hit, Expertise, and Haste have all become very important stats for Prot Pallies.

So my questions are:

i) Should I go Hit = Exp > Mastery > Haste or Hit = Exp > Haste > Mastery?

ii) I have some DPS gear with haste on, could they serve as tanking gear (e.g. like my bracers)

iii) Or does Mastery still blow everything else out of the water?

iv) Or does any of it even matter given how everything scales at level 80?

Cheers in advance. Hopefully get my T8 4pc next reset, shame the 2pc seems completely irrelevant nowadays. Also, 3 hours queued for ICC 5 mans and no bites :s

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK Mastery at level 80 is insanely good for most classes.

The good news is that with the changes to the game, it's not really important. The title is a complete faceroll to get now and is by no means difficult at all. Did it on my BrM monk a few months back with people who had green quest gear, no enchants, and no gems and it was disappointingly easy. Whatever you decide to go with will be fine.

Deleted
    Ah, yeah :s That is quite dissapointing I guess the challenge is in gathering the gear and making the connections with others, especially since I rerolled Horde on another server.

Anyway, many thanks for the feedback.

I'd just stack stamina since you'll prolly get shit healers for his high speed hits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    I'd just stack stamina since you'll prolly get shit healers for his high speed hits
    Well one of the healers is my friend so I know she's more than decent hehe. But yeah, Stamina is what I was going to go with, since gems other than solid on my server are rare as hens teeth. Also stacking x2 Stamina trinkets (Black Heart and Gossamer)

Cheers for the input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    Well one of the healers is my friend so I know she's more than decent hehe. But yeah, Stamina is what I was going to go with, since gems other than solid on my server are rare as hens teeth. Also stacking x2 Stamina trinkets (Black Heart and Gossamer)

Cheers for the input.
    That'll be fine.

I helped out a few weeks ago (already have the title) for one of my friends, I think half the people died and we still killed it easily. Don't really need to min/max anymore.

your gear dosent matter at all or well aslong you stay under the ilvl for the fight :P, but im pritty sure it has been 2 manned