Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picture the Arakkoa are going to act like the Klaxxi. Pretty excited for it.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-12-22 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post
    Terokk is actually a hero of the Arakkoa, built their city with his claws, then vanished, leaving behind three of his items. Terokk's followers along with Terokk worshipped dark entities, and it's fabled that they actually worshipped the old gods. So what cursed them is actually their own tampering with dark magic, I could say.
    Considering what happened in those 30 years, I'd say the Legion and the magic that destroyed Draenor had some effect on them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I'm not very familiar with the Arakkoa lore; but who cursed them?
    It's possible it may have been "Rukmar" or Anzu. It's stated that they were cursed after they and Terokk turned away from their previous god(s) in favour of the implied Old God.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I never knew they were corrupted...I just figured that's how they looked. It makes sense though cause they are kind of hunched and sickly looking. I'll be awesome to see their original form.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    It's my understanding that the arrokoa we will be seeing in WoD will be "uncorrupted"

What do you think they will look like?
    I expect a similar transformation to have occurred to the Draenei into Broken. So basically less ugly and more upright.

I'm hoping for them to look something along the lines of the Chozo from Metroid. In fact it'd be a great opportunity for a good Metroid reference overall.

Wouldn't surprise me if in some form or another we wind up fighting whatever cursed them. Either in quests, dungeons or raids of future content. Maybe whatever is in 6.2. (As of what we know right now they seem to not be a major focus at the start)

I remember doing a quest in Shadowmoon Valley which directed you to disrupt a ritual of Arakkoa summoning an "Old God"

I think that is strange. Aren't Old Gods native to Azeroth only? Or are they trying to summon an Azerothian Old God into Draenor? There isn't a single reference to Old Gods in Outlands other than that quest as I recall. The legend of Terokk only implies they worship dark entities but is not clear who they worship.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I remember doing a quest in Shadowmoon Valley which directed you to disrupt a ritual of Arakkoa summoning an "Old God"

I think that is strange. Aren't Old Gods native to Azeroth only? Or are they trying to summon an Azerothian Old God into Draenor? There isn't a single reference to Old Gods in Outlands other than that quest as I recall. The legend of Terokk only implies they worship dark entities but is not clear who they worship.
    I'm certainly no lore genius, but iirc, Old Gods aren't even native to Azeroth. They are sort of some Star Trek giant evil space/nether traveling entities..

Old Gods are not native to Azeroth. They actually took residence in Azeroth, coming from somewhere else. It is not stated whether the Old Gods have a "home", or if they simply dwell in the Twisting Nether.

I believe we will see more about the relation between Arakkoa and Old Gods in WoD. Maybe even end up fighting one, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    Old Gods are not native to Azeroth. They actually took residence in Azeroth, coming from somewhere else. It is not stated whether the Old Gods have a "home", or if they simply dwell in the Twisting Nether.

I believe we will see more about the relation between Arakkoa and Old Gods in WoD. Maybe even end up fighting one, who knows.
    If they do, Old Gods will start becoming the new Trolls. (I don't mind that, just find it funny.)

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    OK thanks for the information. But if Old Gods also inhabited other planets, aren't there supposed to be Titanic structures in Outland as well? When Sargeras visited Draenor to corrupt the Orcs, there was no mention of any Old God conflict or struggle.

And other than the Arakkoa legends, there is not a single clue of anyone in Outland driven mad by "whispers", the usual Old God tactic. If Blizzard plans to include an Old God in Draenor we will probably see some major retcon in here.

OK thanks for the information. But if Old Gods also inhabited other planets, aren't there supposed to be Titanic structures in Outland as well? When Sargeras visited Draenor to corrupt the Orcs, there was no mention of any Old God conflict or struggle.

And other than the Arakkoa legends, there is not a single clue of anyone in Outland driven mad by "whispers", the usual Old God tactic. If Blizzard plans to include an Old God in Draenor we will probably see some major retcon in here.
    Retcon of what? There is no lore on the origins of the old gods. As for the Titans, they have been around but they haven't been everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I'm certainly no lore genius, but iirc, Old Gods aren't even native to Azeroth. They are sort of some Star Trek giant evil space/nether traveling entities..
    As far as I know, everytime the Old Gods are mentioned by the Titans they refer to them as "native."

I think that is strange. Aren't Old Gods native to Azeroth only? Or are they trying to summon an Azerothian Old God into Draenor? There isn't a single reference to Old Gods in Outlands other than that quest as I recall.
    While not exactly solid the Arcatraz, the Naru prison satellite, contained a minion of an Old God (The final boss of the dungeon) who says "We span the universe, as countless as the stars!"

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Retcon of what? There is no lore on the origins of the old gods. As for the Titans, they have been around but they haven't been everywhere.
    Retcon as in there's no evidence of any "Old God" corruption in Outland presently. No individuals or groups driven mad by whispers, no elemental forces serving a dark master, no Twilight Hammer presence in Outland. Since Blizzard wants Draenor to be as faithful to Outland as possible minus the whole falling apart thing, we would at least see some clues of Old God interference/inprisonment whatever from present Outland.

The Old God being summoned by the Arakkoa is not clear if it's native to Draenor or Azerothian since the recycled model looks just like C'thun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Retcon as in there's no evidence of any "Old God" corruption in Outland presently. No individuals or groups driven mad by whispers, no elemental forces serving a dark master, no Twilight Hammer presence in Outland. Since Blizzard wants Draenor to be as faithful to Outland as possible minus the whole falling apart thing, we would at least see some clues of Old God interference/inprisonment whatever from present Outland.

The Old God being summoned by the Arakkoa is not clear if it's native to Draenor or Azerothian since the recycled model looks just like C'thun.
    That's not a ret-con. It's speculated that is what it was. We don't really know the truth so there would have to be a confirmation of Old God involvement and THEN changing it into something else.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The Titans 'visited' Draenor, but didn't stay long enough to establish any holdings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the somewhat obvious source material for the Arrakoa, I'm gonna go with this;

10+ Year Old Account
    We have known since TBC that there have been possible old gods there. Also.... you wanna know why we likely havnt seen anything there about the Titans? BECAUSE THE PLANET BLEW UP! Its just one continent now! Also I would not be surprised if Nagrand was meant to be a titan area like Un'goro or the Basin