Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could see there being a Titan facility on the southern continent where the ogre empire is, if the ogres are descended from Titan-made giants.

The Old Gods are said to inhabit their own realm and must be summoned to worlds in the material universe like Azeroth and Draenor. There are more than just the ones imprisoned on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no real reason to believe the Arrakoa are corrupted... they're just naturally kind of spiteful and vindictive.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Given the somewhat obvious source material for the Arrakoa, I'm gonna go with this;

(Picture of a big, four armed hunchback)
    That's a Mystic. They're the good half of the UrSek, of which the Skeksis, but they are still a result of the corruption of the aformentioned race.

^ That's an uncorrupted Skeksis.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Deleted
    I'm picturing the uncursed Arakkoa as being a regal highborne race of powerful, wealthy nobles who consider themselves to be above the "savage" Orc clans and have those ogres wrapped around their feathery fingers.

I'm pretty sure we'll see them corrupted already - by greed and arrogance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Bench333 View Post
    I'm picturing the uncursed Arakkoa as being a regal highborne race of powerful, wealthy nobles who consider themselves to be above the "savage" Orc clans and have those ogres wrapped around their feathery fingers.

I'm pretty sure we'll see them corrupted already - by greed and arrogance.
    Oh, well, yeah, but when we say Corruption in this context, we're talking about Fel corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    There's no real reason to believe the Arrakoa are corrupted... they're just naturally kind of spiteful and vindictive.
    There's plenty of reason. Such as at Blizzcon them saying on mainstage "You will see the Arakkoa before they got corrupted".
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    There's plenty of reason. Such as at Blizzcon them saying on mainstage "You will see the Arakkoa before they got corrupted".
    *big circle wave* Good night everybody!

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I think I remember reading they can actually fly with their wings, and aren't twisted messes.

Will be interesting to see, Blizz didn't say much at all about them so far.

We know they likely worship an Old God, maybe he is present under Draenor and we have to fight him?

It's one of the most intriguing parts of the expac for me
    They don't worship an Old God. There's no evidence to suggest there was ever an Old God residing on Draenor. You're probably thinking of that SMV quest where the Dark Conclave tribe are attempting to summon an Old God into Outland. The official WoD site suggests the Arakkoa worship the Sun.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    They don't worship an Old God. There's no evidence to suggest there was ever an Old God residing on Draenor. You're probably thinking of that SMV quest where the Dark Conclave tribe are attempting to summon an Old God into Outland. The official WoD site suggests the Arakkoa worship the Sun.
    I said likely, I don't think it's crazy to assume that they could view an Old God as a sort of sun or other celestial body. The fact that they've become so twisted and fallen so far screams of dabbling with the Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I said likely, I don't think it's crazy to assume that they could view an Old God as a sort of sun or other celestial body. The fact that they've become so twisted and fallen so far screams of dabbling with the Old Gods.
    It'd be so goddamn boring if there is yet more Old God content in yet another expansion (WotLK, Cata, MoP). Not all corruption is Old God-related. Whatever is beneath Tirisfal Glades is apparently not an Old God.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

sorry but where does it state that the arakkoa were ever corrupted? essentially they've always been a corrupt race. they'd merely adapted to the outland during its transition from draenor, much like the 'sporewhales' we've had a glimpse of in the incredible art from blizzcon depicting zangarmarsh before it was pumped dry by the naga infestation.
    i'm sure we can expect many things we saw in outland to now be in their traditional, seemingly natural form.
    i agree that they'll appear to be slimmer with disproportionately large wings. there was a quest in tbc that somewhat hinted toward a sense of humiliation felt by the arakkoa and the clipping of their wings, (metaphorically) i'm sure.
    i don't think they'll be like the mantid; but instead much more sophisticated, strategical, and i would assume extremely fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Given the somewhat obvious source material for the Arrakoa, I'm gonna go with this;

That's primarily only obvious to people over the age of 30.

It's stated numerous times throughout Outland quests that the the Arakkoa were once "beautiful" before they became twisted and decrepit and lost their wings as some sort of punishment or curse.

Quests state that the Arakkoa turned away from their native god(s) in favour of something evil. Given that a bunch of them tried to summon an Old God it's not hard to guess exactly what that evil being was.

Well we are going to see then before they got corrupted, that much was said clearly at Blizzcon.
    I am particularly interested to see the flying kind; sounds awesome.

At the same I think after this xpac, they could become playable; it is a great setup to add them.
    The model is being created from the ground up now, the flying ones I mean. I really hope they add them in the next xpac.

I think, when blizzard stated that this xpac will directly into the next one, it isn't illogical to assume some of the races will accompany us, as we fight some threat.

With this logic, I think we'll see the next horde race as well ion Draenor (could be that new tiger-race?)

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Well we are going to see then before they got corrupted, that much was said clearly at Blizzcon.
    I am particularly interested to see the flying kind; sounds awesome.

At the same I think after this xpac, they could become playable; it is a great setup to add them.
    The model is being created from the ground up now, the flying ones I mean. I really hope they add them in the next xpac.

I think, when blizzard stated that this xpac will directly into the next one, it isn't illogical to assume some of the races will accompany us, as we fight some threat.

With this logic, I think we'll see the next horde race as well ion Draenor (could be that new tiger-race?)
    ogres are way more likely. we dont have any idea how advanced the saberon will be they could just end up being the gnolls/saurok like race who just go around smackin people and stealin stuff
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Well I don't find ogres very appealing... so I am going with that new one....
    but my main reason for naming those two is that it would be easy story wise to include them.

Aha, they are called Saberon? Well I hope they are kind of horde-like :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Quests state that the Arakkoa turned away from their native god(s) in favour of something evil. Given that a bunch of them tried to summon an Old God it's not hard to guess exactly what that evil being was.
    1. Can you find a source for this?
    2. "a bunch of them" being one tribe.

Actually, there's evidence there are (or were) Old Gods on Draenor too. There's a quest in Shadowmoon Valley where a vision of one appears (same model as C'thun).

They may worship something else. But its likely after the destruction of Draenor they turned to darker powers to try and survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Actually, there's evidence there are (or were) Old Gods on Draenor too. There's a quest in Shadowmoon Valley where a vision of one appears (same model as C'thun).

They may worship something else. But its likely after the destruction of Draenor they turned to darker powers to try and survive.
    Yeah, that's the one that is being summoned into Outland.

Well, it's possible they're talking about an old god rather than an Old God. Cultures do change what deities they worship over time, and in a universe where those deities are actual beings then an old god might be pretty powerful without being a Cthulhoid horror.