Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    To be honest when i first went there I was all like "Welfare epics! WOO!", but then I realized that no guild/PuG would take you in just 497 gear and you actually had to grind LFR and the Isle for burdens to get an ilvl that people would accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Yea, those welfare epics several tiers below current gear =\ Even after 1+ year break they shouldnt matter. Also, going to the island in blues will probably get you killed outside of the chests.

Its basically equivalent to Naxx geared players getting mc gear... Or Tier6/6.5 geared players farming heroics. Welfare is a relative term for difficulty (if content is easy for you it must be welfare) and guess what, its always existed.
    I started killing turtles, crabs and birds as early as level 87 on my sv hunter, and 88 on my undergeared(early jade forest gear) ret pally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    To be honest when i first went there I was all like "Welfare epics! WOO!", but then I realized that no guild/PuG would take you in just 497 gear and you actually had to grind LFR and the Isle for burdens to get an ilvl that people would accept.
    That is true, but it is a good option to those 5 year queues for msv/hof

Edit: Only problem is the broken drop chances, over 500 timeless items(not burdens ofc), but I still haven't seen a single neck.
    However, I got enough rings for 3 accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LTCrystallite View Post
    I came into this thread thinking that the answer would be

"Oh snap, there's some really weird stuff here... why did that Kilnmaster just 1 shot me?"

To me, Timeless Isle is good content to play catch up with, considering there are more reasons than just timeless drops to be there. Between Celestials, a few achieves and pets, exalted mount, unique items, bloody coins, minigames, and some interestingly designed rares (evermaw), it's probably one of the most non-linear but easy to learn pieces of content they've ever done. 10/10. Of course, everyone gets bored of content after a couple of months :P

I don't care if players get to catch up, the real question is: Are they good enough to at least do normals consistently and successfully?
    That would be like saying people shouldn't be able to do level 50 quests if they are not good enough for normal raiding.
    Timeless is where you go to get enough gear to take the test, it is not the actual test(however, it can be used for "FIRE GTFO" testing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

WTF is with this stupidity. If timeless isle gear was blue, it wouldn't change a god damn thing. All this crying about it being epic is stupid. It's terrible gear that you can farm reasonably well if you don't need it.

And it's not like you didn't have grindable epics in vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Shitty gear that acts as a catch-up mechanic and people complain simply because they are coloured purple. If they had the exact same stats but were coloured blue, would that somehow be better?

Hey OP, I was a vanilla raider. I have no issues what so ever with the Isle epics. None.
    It clogs up the guild news on your guild tab so you cant see quality achievements and true good loot that people got. The TI loot should be blue

Timeless Isle gear seems to be the replacement for heroic 5-man gear of expansions past. It appears Blizz has decided that 5-man's will no longer be the gearing mechanism of choice past the first tier of a new expansion. It DOES seem there is a whole lot of reward for very little risk, I recently leveled up my rogue alt and went from GS 440~ to GS 490+ in about an hour after dinging 90 (looting all the timeless chests is probably a bit easier with rogue or other stealth class that can avoid the elites). In the past expansion it would have taken weeks of farming heroics to get equivalent gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It clogs up the guild news on your guild tab so you cant see quality achievements and true good loot that people got. The TI loot should be blue
    This is the dumbest complaint about epics I have ever seen. Your friend returning to wow and being able to raid with you in a week or two instead of 2 months is > than your epeen guild tab loot drop list. Never have I checked this tab to see what my guild got as if its good enough they will link it in guild chat for a live congrats. Some guilds are big enough that this would be spammed regardless.

In fact they should just remove this tab as its utterly useless and wastes space.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    You could run instances in Cata over and over and get 378 purples. The ilevel of relevant normal gear at that time was 397. That's a 19 ilevel gap. Now, in the present timeless gear grants 496 gear. It's easily acquired, but the stats are random and often bad. It is also FIFTY-SEVEN ilevels below normal SoO gear... It is 32 ilevels below current lfr. Hell, even last tier's LFR gear is 8 ilevels higher...

I mean, ermahgerd welfair perples. Casuals are taking over. The game is dying.
    God thank you somebody else fucking gets it. When you have an ilevel gap that over 10+ different you are essentially in a completely separate tier of gear. With a 57 ilevel difference 496 may a well just be blues and greens for how epic they are. They are NOT welfare epic they are blues that are disguised as "epics" to help people get a sense of character progression.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It flooded the market and killed the value.
    It DID harm the profession.
    Flooded what market? I've made an absolute killing with my enchanting characters, just disenchanting TI gear and either selling the crystals or making scrolls of weapon enchants.

Timeless Isle has benefited enchanters immensely by making materials so much cheaper that it's much easier to sell scrolls (people actually buy Jade Spirits etc now for weapons that they expect to replace). Crystals being more abundant is a great bonus for since they're the source of enchants that actually sell - for everything else most people just have the mats from disenchant rolls so they get a guildie or a friend to do it.

I'm making an absolute killing with enchanting now. Having several enchanting characters to DE the various armor types means a totally free income of crystals that most people can't get in numbers = ridiculous profit. Enchanting has not been this profitable to me since lich king days (when I could still make money with rare raid drop chants).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not if they are actually good...even the burdens are outmatched by lfr gear>.<

15+ Year Old Account
    Is NOT WELFARE EPICS, its a mean to catch up to current content, Blizzard dont want us to farm old content to get to current content
    It would been welfare epics if u could buy 553 gear for Valor points from vendor
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Yakisoba View Post
    People can get free gear 60 item levels below what the standard people that try get. Let's complain!
    People can get free gear that completely invalidates one normal tier and almost 2 LFR tiers. Yeah, let's fucking complain. It's stupid giveaways like those that breed "oh, but it is just old content" idiocy.

Even in TBC Karazhan never was really "old content". There always were GUILDS running it. Now go, try to find any T14 non-mount run (most of them ilvl 550 min at that). Nowadays if you didn't experience tier on release - you're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    People can get free gear that completely invalidates one normal tier and almost 2 LFR tiers. Yeah, let's fucking complain. It's stupid giveaways like those that breed "oh, but it is just old content" idiocy.

Even in TBC Karazhan never was really "old content". There always were GUILDS running it. Now go, try to find any T14 non-mount run (most of them ilvl 550 min at that). Nowadays if you didn't experience tier on release - you're screwed.
    Only for people who are not intelligent enough to use the internet to find people running the old content like Openraid.com. They constantly have groups going back and doing old raid content and its cross server. If being at level (70 in BC, 80 in Wrath, 85 for cata) is your thing then there are groups doing that too like the convert to raid classic raid group.

You just have to be willing to put more effort into looking for it than throwing your arms up in the air and declaring it impossible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post

i was in a top end guild during TBC. we barely done karazhan, only did it when we had the time and that was only for a mount run or for justice points. its the same now as doing T14 for mount runs, nobody in a decent guild raiding TK/SSC and above needed gear in karazhan by the time sunwell was released.

and i don't get your last statement, how would somebody be screwed if they miss a tier?
    Last edited by mmocc601d8cc3f; 2013-12-23 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Yea, those welfare epics several tiers below current gear =\ Even after 1+ year break they shouldnt matter. Also, going to the island in blues will probably get you killed outside of the chests.
    I just grinded 87-90 on my MW Monk (finished last night). I usually just quest, but getting home each night this week I haven't had the energy or care to put into questing (especially since I didn't feel like finishing up the quests to get out of the fucking Jade Forest lol).

Died a time or two from accidentally pulling snakes, ganked once or twice, but that's about it. Grinding those grubs was surprisingly fast when you just want to zone out.

Granted, I have another character right now that's 87 I probably won't do it on, but I just didn't feel like "doing" things on my Monk this week lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    i was in a top end guild during TBC. we barely done karazhan, only did it when we had the time and that was only for a mount run or for justice points. its the same now as doing T14 for mount runs, nobody in a decent guild raiding TK/SSC and above needed gear in karazhan by the time sunwell was released.
    Of course you didn't get it. "nobody in a decent guild" you say, but now it is "nobody at all". "Screwed" means you have exactly 0% chance to experience it as it was designed.

I like timeless island, a lot. I like that people interact with each other whether its by screaming at blood-coin farmers or calling out rare spawns, the island feels like a community.
    Today I had a blood-coin farming undead mage poly me so I could get full health and about 10 seconds later a human hunter bursted me down ^^

Timeless island has my approval.
    Last edited by Horizon; 2013-12-23 at 07:14 PM.

I fail to see a problem with getting gear on TI. Back in WotLK it was enough to clear faceroll heroics 100 times to get geared for ICC normal. Now it's enough to spend a few days killing rares and finding chests on TI to get geared for LFR SoO. So as a matter of fact it's harder to get appropriate gear in MoP, since you HAVE to do some raiding (as easy as it is) before you can get into even Flex SoO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if you told people back in vanilla that you could run around an island collecting epics from chests under tree's people would tell you to F off
    Just goes to show how much the community itself has changed over the years...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

What really kills me is that even though it only takes an hour to get a full set of 496 tokens by popping open boxes and jumping columns there are still people showing up in LFR/Flex in 450 blues and 483 gear which means they are too lazy to take advantage of the easy way to gear up super fast and then they are stunned and pissed that they get booted from a flex for only doing 30k dps or 20k healing.

It's a good thing that people who only care about the text color of an item don't play this game. Their attitude really ruins multiplayer games, even if its not their fault that they have a condition.