Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    But whats the point? Why? I didnt miss it, it just fails to provide any good reason to implement this change.

This adds zero benefit.
    In your opinion. In mine, it shortens the travel time to farm Ony, RFK, and RFD. I also allows me to avoid Booty Bay where I am hated. Plus, I can now fly due north from Ironforge to the Greench and never see the word fatigue even appear on my screen. I fail to see how I can fly over the twisting nether for miles from Hellfire to Netherstorm without ever getting fatigue, yet 50 feet out over the ocean after flying from Darnassus to Uldum and NOW my mount is getting fatigue. It makes NO sense to keep it anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Its just people fighting for more convenience. They don't want to actually play, they just want to click a few times and get things. They need to lurk reddit while they "play" WoW...
    Some of us actually do other things, like YouTube a raid, or check email, facebook, Netflix, etc. Not sure why QoL changes piss you off so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Yet I would still have to fly north or south to Ony's cave. I would say my idea would shorten travel time between certain parts of the continent. Unless of course they want to just add a transporter into each city where you can step in and select your destination. ENG already have them, maybe make a few hundred more, and then give ENG a personal teleporter to make up for having to share with everyone else. If I could transport from Stormwind to Chillwind camp, or Darnassus to Feathermoon in Feralas, I would be ok with that.
    I know you would. I know you would also "be okay: with getting free gear mailed to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of us actually do other things, like YouTube a raid, or check email, facebook, Netflix, etc. Not sure why QoL changes piss you off so much.
    Because this isn't a QoL change.

The use of Zepplins / Flight Paths / Portals is just fine for this sort of thing.

I see this serving no purpose, and the game world is not on a big flat environment. If you flew (without fatigue) to the other side of the Ocean, the other continent wouldn't be there, it'd be just a black void.

The Continents are mostly likely stacked on each other, making the game world smaller and more optimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world of Azeroth is comprised of four major continents, with a number of smaller islands scattered about them. Northrend is located in the north, Kalimdor in the west, the Eastern Kingdoms (aka eastern continents)[1] in the east, and Pandaria in the south. The Eastern Kingdoms are made up out of two large landmasses - the southern one includes Azeroth and Khaz Modan,[2] and the northern land of Lordaeron.[3] At one time, all of the three major continents (excepting Pandaria) were part of one large continent (known as Kalimdor), with a large magic lake known as the Well of Eternity in the center. When the well exploded at the conclusion of the War of the Ancients, this continent was shattered, leaving behind the continents and islands that exist today. The Forbidding Sea is the expanse of water to the east of the Eastern Kingdoms and the Veiled Sea sits west of Kalimdor. Between the continents lies the Great Sea, while at its center lies the Maelstrom — a massive chaotic whirlpool over the area where the Well of Eternity once stood. It's believed that a part of the Well still exists in the Rift at the bottom of the vortex. It has been active since the Great Sundering ten thousand years ago and still there is no foreseeable natural end to its existence.

The Eastern Kingdoms are made up of several continents including the southern continents (Azeroth and Khaz Modan),[2] and the northern continent of Lordaeron.[3]

The world of Azeroth also may have land located at the other side, beyond the Veiled Sea to the west of Kalimdor, and beyond the Forbidding Sea to the east of the Eastern Kingdoms. No one is sure or has knowledge of what kind of creatures, lands, cultures, life, and sentient being lives in the other side of Azeroth. It is clear, though, that it is very dangerous.

"A handful of ships have ventured from Kalimdor away from the Maelstrom — to the north, west, and south. None have yet returned."[4]
    Source

It would seem, there is MORE beyond the reaches of those seas, and more land we've yet to discover. But, asking to fly where boats and airships already pass seems pretty harmless. It is like asking for flying mounts when we already have Flight paths... oh... wait...

So why don't they just give everyone a transporter so you can just instantly go anywhere you want, a vender that sells all the gear, mounts, and titles so you can just buy them. This thought of instant gratification is getting out of hand. Everyone just wants what they want without wanting to do what it takes to get it. You have always had to wait for a boat or airship to jump continents. Now because people don't want to do it anymore Blizzard should just get rid of it. It's non-sense. If you want to go someplace in the game the price you pay for going there is time. I mean god forbid you have to interact with the world in any way other than casting your flying mount . This is why I'd like to see flying completely removed but that's just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you would. I know you would also "be okay: with getting free gear mailed to you.
    Never said I wanted free gear. I would gladly pay for it if Blizz ever put some in their store. But they won't, because lore-knights and PaytoWin doomsayers would bitch about it at the drop of a hat.

OP, I suggest you learn to handle critique. You were the one who put your idea out there.

OT, sounds like a complete waste of time that the developers could use on something far more relevant. Bad idea is in my opinion bad.
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

First, they need to fill in the void with something, which they did in Vanilla WoW in the form of hidden quests and clickable objects that yield stuff

Unfortunately they undid all that with the Cata 1-60 revamp

Then this proposed change would be more meaningful other than just convenience

Never said I wanted free gear. I would gladly pay for it if Blizz ever put some in their store. But they won't, because lore-knights and PaytoWin doomsayers would bitch about it at the drop of a hat.
    Yup, because it would be a bad business decision and bad for the game. Its selling out even more. Go play a game like that if its what you want. GW2 or something.

This will only ever be set in place when Blizzard unveils every single land mass on Azeroth. Otherwise players will fly through the Oceans and see nothing but water but then all of a sudden 7.0 drops and the same Ocean they flew over for 3 years suddenly has a new land mass...Immersive, I think not.

Fatigue prevents players from accessing areas they aren't supposed to be in, it's an immersive version of an invisible wall. No player would want to hang out in areas outside the boundaries of these walls as the only thing that's out there is nothing.

Flying on Azeroth was enough for me, flying over the Oceans I personally don't care for, and I doubt many other players think differently from myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anger78 View Post
    So why don't they just give everyone a transporter so you can just instantly go anywhere you want, a vender that sells all the gear, mounts, and titles so you can just buy them. This thought of instant gratification is getting out of hand. Everyone just wants what they want without wanting to do what it takes to get it. You have always had to wait for a boat or airship to jump continents. Now because people don't want to do it anymore Blizzard should just get rid of it. It's non-sense. If you want to go someplace in the game the price you pay for going there is time. I mean god forbid you have to interact with the world in any way other than casting your flying mount . This is why I'd like to see flying completely removed but that's just my opinion.
    Your handle suits you. Yeah, it is a GAME. Games are meant to be enjoyed. I would totally enjoy having to spend less time getting where I need to go and more time actually playing. I can farm for hours and hours because it makes me happy, and I enjoy doing it. 1800 ghost iron ore every time I come back to town. Takes me 45 minutes to smelt it. As an Engineer, I imagine I could make a superthermal anvil which could smelt a stack at a time. But, since I am only thinking about flight at the moment, I will save that time saver for another thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, because it would be a bad business decision and bad for the game. Its selling out even more. Go play a game like that if its what you want. GW2 or something.
    This seems to be your answer for anyone who asks for change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Victorias View Post
    OP, I suggest you learn to handle critique. You were the one who put your idea out there.

OT, sounds like a complete waste of time that the developers could use on something far more relevant. Bad idea is in my opinion bad.
    I handle critique very well It is just a game. I only get snippy with those who are notorious for simply wanting to pop off at the mouth and start trouble. Everyone's opinion is welcome, only a handful will be met with disdain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anyone else notice they're restricting flying more instead of expanding it? Hello no flying until 6.1.
    They do that in every new expac. TBC - start at lvl 60, no flying til 70. Wrath - start at 70, no flying til 80, until complaints and then Tome at 77. Cata was flying right outta the gate. Pandaria, Start at 85 no flight til 90. Now, they are just going an inch further and saying no flying til 100 + small quest + 6.1 launch.

I wish they would get rid of it.. you cant fly or swim forever.. they have the world there even if it is empty but then again I forget im autoflying and die to fatigue at times =P

Edit: wow I cant believe so many ppl are volitile in a simple thread like this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    This will only ever be set in place when Blizzard unveils every single land mass on Azeroth. Otherwise players will fly through the Oceans and see nothing but water but then all of a sudden 7.0 drops and the same Ocean they flew over for 3 years suddenly has a new land mass...Immersive, I think not.
    I don't recall seeing the gates into Uldum from Tanaris. Guessing stuff magically appearing was ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    I wish they would get rid of it.. you cant fly or swim forever.. they have the world there even if it is empty but then again I forget im autoflying and die to fatigue at times =P

Edit: wow I cant believe so many ppl are volitile in a simple thread like this!
    Tell me about it Not sure if it is me or the ideas I present which they hate more. Guess it does not help being a proponent of paying for things in the Blizz store.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    The use of Zepplins / Flight Paths / Portals is just fine for this sort of thing.

I see this serving no purpose, and the game world is not on a big flat environment. If you flew (without fatigue) to the other side of the Ocean, the other continent wouldn't be there, it'd be just a black void.

The Continents are mostly likely stacked on each other, making the game world smaller and more optimised.
    That's what I'm thinking. I mean, when you fly far enough you just hit a wall, and actually connecting the two continents to make this work doesn't seem worth the effort and potential problems.

Alternate proposal: since people seem to hate flying so much, increase the rate of fatigue out at sea and also have flying fatigue in general so you can only fly for 2 minutes in any location and then be forced to take a 5 minute flight cool down.

Personally quite like ships and wish we got to spend more time on them.

This invalidates your entire suggestion (not that it had any validity to begin with).

This is not going to happen. Deal with it.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-12-23 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what will happen when you fly east of the Eastern Kingdoms, west of Kalimdor, south of Pandaria, or north of Northrend?

Personally, Fatigue is annoying since you die alot, but it's not that big an issue really. Just don't go afk for more then a minute while flying.

Also, Fatigue decreases based on your movement speed, last I checked (Granted that was during wrath, so will have to recheck again). If you are constantly moving in 1 line, it will decrease based on your distance traveled. Granted, if you are standing in one spot, it will still decrease, but yea. Its to prevent you from flying out into the water looking for the fabled GM island.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Isn't Fatigue in place to prevent us from going to places we shouldn't be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Alternate proposal: since people seem to hate flying so much, increase the rate of fatigue out at sea and also have flying fatigue in general so you can only fly for 2 minutes in any location and then be forced to take a 5 minute flight cool down.

Personally quite like ships and wish we got to spend more time on them.
    LOL that would be hilarious... people would drop out of the sky all the time..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    This invalidates your entire suggestion (not that it had any validity to begin with).

This is not going to happen. Deal with it.

Oh no. Well, I guess that is that. Time to pack up and head out. Thanks for setting it straight.

*ends sarcasm and falls over laughing* You people who take this stuff so seriously crack me up. It's not like I am trying to reverse the Emancipation Proclamation. I was just making a suggestion. As for throwing around terms like lore-knights and doomsayers, is about as valid as me using other terms like casuals and elites. It is nothing more than shock lingo. People should lighten up. It's a game, and none of us work for Blizz.