Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    And if you're really that curious about what exists beyond the fatigue zone...aren't there programs out there that allow you to see the entiore zone maps and such anyway?
    Seems a better option than the ability to aimlessly wander empty ocean just because its there!
    I would love to also have it removed to take my druid out for a swim and explore the bottom of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    This too makes sense. Swimming SHOULD have a fatigue factor. Flying should not. However, if there really is a mythical GM island, I would imagine since everything else has its own server, the island would too.
    Why not? You're either riding a "living" creature which is not adapted to crossing oceans, or a mechanical creation that runs on fuel. One could argue that the living mounts have no issues crossing continents length-wise, but at least they've an option to touch down and take a rest (or slam into a cliff side, or run up a gentle slope and back down for a bit before taking off into the air again) and Blizz hasn't tossed out chains of tiny islands in the ocean because they had no intention of ocean crossing flight.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

This seems to be a possibility. But if all continents are truly on separate servers, then there is only a blank zone at the end of every oceanic map.
    it is partially a relic of the pre cata world where there was alot of thing unfinished, untested, the fatigue is like the no man landing implemented on MH to prevent peoples going up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boats would always be faster, and faster is always going to be the preferred choice. The exploration side of it would consist of flying over a huge stretch of water, which doesn't seem very appealing from an exploration point of view. It might be something that is used for a week or two, but then people would quickly get bored of flying across the water and just take the boat once again. The changes needed server-wise to actually enact this would be pretty substantial too.

Dumping someone who can't fly in the middle of the ocean does sound appealing though! Gotta love multi-seater mounts.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-12-23 at 11:33 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep it in. If it was removed, then people can gain access to those areas devs don't want you to go to.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Keep fatigue, just get rid of the stupid mechanic that energy doesn't regenerate in fatigue zones. God is it frustrating to chase down Evermaw only to have him spend half the circuit too far from the shore for me to have any resources to attack him.

As a Paladin, I fly at 493%. I can comfortably fly across large masses of water and never gain full fatigue by the time I reach the other side. I think it is time to remove fatigue and allow for trans-oceanic flights. Bascially you would fly out to the edge of the water, and select the continent you want to reach. Then, the loading screen comes, just like for the boats, and when you zone in, you come in on the water's edge facing that continent.

Boats would still be viable for lowbies, or people who hate flying, and flight from SW to Kalimdor would make exploration a much more real thing. Also, no more really having to wait on boats to get to Northrend. We just need:

There is no fatigue, Blizzards needs a way to keep you from going off the grid.. in the game. To areas where they have not intended for you to explore. This "fatigue" is merely a warning.

Frankly you should be teleported to the nearest major city... without warning is how I would handle it.. fatigue give's you time.. to even hearth.

We should not "fly" across the ocean, there are no zones, no mobs to fight and no content to see.. so exactly what would be the point to that? Yeah nothing.. so nothing is what you get.

Take the boat like everyone else. There is always make your own game and then YOU can see ridiculous suggestions by players on how YOU (the game developer) needs to change the game... They voted, it's BOATS. You can fly.. just not over the Ocean, not going to change...

Fatigue is the alternative to invisible walls. GM island needs to be blocked and the invisible walls are fairly buggy, like all walls. Fatigue however is fatal and a solid solution.

Also you simple want to not move to a boat to get somewhere. This is just laziness go to your boats.

Didn't realize each boat trip to Darnassus from Stormwind was 2 months long.
    In lore it is actually.

While it would be pretty cool to see things opened out like that, I think it goes against the dev's current line of, "We dislike flying because it allows you to trivialize the world that we have built." Plus, I almost imagine that it would be faster to just fly on your mount to a boat/zeppelin location and wait for the transit instead of afk autorunning.

I would respect your opinion more if you didn't attack others who stated different opinions. I hate when people who do that.
    Last edited by Nostalgic; 2013-12-24 at 08:47 PM.

this is stupid, im sorry. fatigue is a boundary. not so u can push it and fly around the world in 80 days. if you are in such a rush u cant wait 3 minutes for a boat or portal or whatever, reassess your obligations to this game.
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2013-12-24 at 08:59 PM.