Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    They are one of the best melee...

Assassination and Combat are boring as sin; but lately i've been trying Subtlety both in PvE/PvP, and to me it's an incredibly fun/engaging spec.

That said, I won't get too attached to the class just yet; it's definitely due, or at least implied to be due, a large revamp on the scale of what Warlocks got for MoP. Mainly because a lot of the specs feel very similar, when it comes down to it. With a couple of exceptions here and there, it's pretty much how Murdeh put it on the first page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Wow you wrote a giant ass list... of garbage. Half of of it is tricks which you are way, way over rating. It is a single target buff, pales in comparison to a warrior banner (or even a shaman totem on 25m). Most of that list almost anyone can do (I mean seriously do you have no idea how many classes have stuns, speed boosts, and interrupts?).
    Well, it's my playstyle and it works pretty well for me And i'm aware of other classes can interrupt but i'm just saying my point of view and what works for me.

Some of the stuff like triple interrupts you should never be doing in the first place unless you raid with terribads who won't even be finishing normals... and then I wouldn't use glyph of kick near terribads cause they can screw you. You using DT interrupt on those fights is inferior in every single way to having some one else use their interrupt.
    Why i should not give 3 interrupts? I like to have that responsability. On some bosses i like to DPS, and on others i like to do raid utility. Also, for a guild who raid only 3 days /week we have a decent progression (until now, malk heroic) .we are far from hardcore players

Then theres stuff like how shaman aren't one of our best fights... we're absolutely amazing on shaman. Far stronger than a lot of those other fights you didn't indicate us being weak on. And paragons... nothing special? Who soaks your aim?
    Ok, i will rewrite, "not my best fight "

I'm not saying we're bad off. We are doing well in pve at least right now and offer a lot on a lot of fights. That list is just obnoxious and bad.
    Well, it can be bad for you and many others, but works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    That said, I won't get too attached to the class just yet; it's definitely due, or at least implied to be due, a large revamp on the scale of what Warlocks got for MoP. Mainly because a lot of the specs feel very similar, when it comes down to it. With a couple of exceptions here and there, it's pretty much how Murdeh put it on the first page.
    No. No, we're not due a warlock-scale revamp. It hasn't been implied. In fact, devs have explicitly stated they AREN'T giving ANY class a warlock-scale revamp.

Rogues are amazing especially on the last three heroic fights. During progression, rogues and warlocks seemed to be the two stacked classes in top raiding guilds. Reasons seem to have been listed already but generally high survivability and damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropndestroyrr View Post
    While I don't like the way Sesshou put it, I have to agree.
    Well... yeah, I'm often an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhrypthor View Post
    Why i should not give 3 interrupts? I like to have that responsability. On some bosses i like to DPS, and on others i like to do raid utility. Also, for a guild who raid only 3 days /week we have a decent progression (until now, malk heroic) .we are far from hardcore players
    Why? Because you are gimping your entire raid for absolutely no reason. If there was any merit at all for you doing that, then it would be different. There isn't though. Now you can argue the degree to which you are gimping your raid is small, but so are things like gems and enchants. You gem and enchant right? The only reason is if your fellow raiders are too incompetent to use their interrupts. And I didn't mean to insinuate anything about your guilds progression, I was assuming you were somewhere in heroic progression which means your raiders should be able to handle something as basic as interrupting.

Deleted
    Well... yeah, I'm often an ass.

Why? Because you are gimping your entire raid for absolutely no reason. If there was any merit at all for you doing that, then it would be different. There isn't though. Now you can argue the degree to which you are gimping your raid is small, but so are things like gems and enchants. You gem and enchant right? The only reason is if your fellow raiders are too incompetent to use their interrupts. And I didn't mean to insinuate anything about your guilds progression, I was assuming you were somewhere in heroic progression which means your raiders should be able to handle something as basic as interrupting.

Gimping? We manage to kill Fallen protectors without no issue with a decent kill time ( we think 6/7 min is a good time, remember we are not experts or hardcore ), this tactic works pretty well for us and we never had any problem with that.

Why being so aggressive? Ofc they can interrupt but we decided to keep interrupts with me. Also, it would be great if you share some suggestions regarding some bosses it would be more constructive for this thread instead acting like the way you described yourself.

Deleted
    Gimping?
    Using Deadly Throw is a DPS loss, you cannot argue against that. Letting a warrior kick casts is a DPS increase for the warrior with a specific Glyph.

Lowering your personal damage while not increasing the warrior dps for free (if you have one) is considered gimping the raid.

Well, it's my playstyle and it works pretty well for me And i'm aware of other classes can interrupt but i'm just saying my point of view and what works for me.
    In that case, shouldn't you write "I" instead of "We" in your list?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    In that case, shouldn't you write "I" instead of "We" in your list?
    you are correct =(, my bad.

Half of of it is tricks which you are way, way over rating. It is a single target buff, pales in comparison to a warrior banner...
    In 10-man, banner is about 50% better than tricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac223 View Post
    In 10-man, banner is about 50% better than tricks.
    To make sure, you're quoting in agreement right?

After 9years of playing rogue (and warrior) in pvp, i have put my rogue (and warrior) on the side for a while.
    At this time i'm enjoying Monk in PVP, although it doesn't have the same "mobility feel" as rogues it has some nice and fun abilities to annoy people.
    Rogue mechanics are outdated and need a rework in order to make it more enjoyable again.
    As far as the warrior goes it completely lost it's charm since stance dance isn't required anymore, shield-wall without shield ( WADAFAQ ) and everything can be one-button which i find retarded. (Call me old fashion but i don't use any Macros )

So Goodbye good old stale Rogue we had fun, victories and losses. May WoD revive you !

Deleted
    how are the specs performin in 543 ilvl gear? i just came back for a bit of fun, noxxic says subtlety is best but i don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    how are the specs performin in 543 ilvl gear? i just came back for a bit of fun, noxxic says subtlety is best but i don't believe it.
    A lot of the sims have sub higher than can be achieved IRL. It is a very solid spec. Generally the sims have sub > combat > muti, but reality seems to reflect combat >= sub > muti.

In any event, it's close. If you run sub, you'll outdamage muti. At 543, I don't think combat is boss- the real thing is, combat got a substantial nerf this patch to compensate for Assurance of Consequence, the trinket from Sha of Pride. If you don't have this trinket, combat is not that great, and sub takes a hit too. The amount by which you'll outdamage muti won't be large, and if you are happier with mutilate run that. As you get into better gear (and once you have assurance) you will DEFINITELY want to check out combat. If you have assurance now, sub will definitely be better than mutilate (assuming you use your cooldowns on cooldown), and you should also check into combat.

To make sure, you're quoting in agreement right?
    Uh, no. "Pales in comparison" is not a phrase I would use to describe two things of the same order of magnitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we need to debate language enough to go into whether or not a 50% gap is a "paling in comparison" between two abilities in WoW. A statement was made, then it was clarified with respect to 10-man by someone else, and lets leave it at that. Just nipping this linguistic discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Any plea for fundamental changes has been shot down, quite hard. Even several well-written posts from a couple of top rogues have been ignored.
    It was even said that "we like the rogue system, we wish every class would work like this." <- Not literal quote. Can't find the original one.

So don't expect any overhaul. Of any kind. You can do two things:
    1. Accept the way it is.
    2. Play another class.

I haven't given up playing my rogue yet. But I'm getting my alts ready for when I do.
    Last edited by Topcraft; 2014-01-10 at 09:26 AM. Reason: spelling
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png