Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, a lot of the "inconveniences" could be fixed without removing them.

Soul Shards? Let them stack to 256. Only used for CD type spells like (the current) Doomguard.

Ammo? Quiver? The quiver should be build into the Hunter class capable of storing 4 billion arrows (practically infinite). Ammo of course still has to be bought/crafted. Speaking of crafting ... Hunters should be able to craft their own arrows - seriously what kind of "survivalist" hunter can't craft their own ammo?

Edit: OK the above might still be problematic. I think the problem is, none of the activities above a "optional" (you will burn DPS CDs, you will use ammo). Ideally "inconveniences" should be something that makes life easier vs being "lazy" and do it the brute force way.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-12-24 at 03:27 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think OP is confused about what the word 'immersion' means...

Oops, well that list was so idiotic, I didn't make it to the end of his post.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2013-12-24 at 03:45 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    Immersion is subjective and there's still plenty in the game without making it clunky and inconvenient for players who aren't interested in immersion. Sure I love a game that can pull me into the world, but I'm also well aware that I'm a super minority which is why I've taken it upon myself to get my OWN immersion out of my MMOs rather than demand changes that millions of other people would dislike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I think OP is confused about what the word 'immersion' means...
    He's also joking as he stated in the OP.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    WoW is the wrong game for you. MMORPG the last 3 letters stand for roleplaying game, which are based on immersion.

You miss the point that the revolving the discussion around "Immersion" is Red Herring that distracts the conversation from what is really important. Path of Exile is a great game that has nothing to do with Immersion. Diablo 3 was a huge fail that has nothing to do with Immersion. Both are RPGs (which stands for roleplaying game) and the success/failure of each is completely independent of Immersion. Instead of having a conversation about "Immersion" in games lets talk about difficulty, re-playability, complexity, visceral enjoyment, art styles/graphics, and even story telling to name just a few.

Immersion is an elusive term that means different things to different people. Is fish swimming out of your way when you pass by "Immersion"? Are more realistic graphics "Immersion"? Are cartoony/stylized art styles non-"Immersive"? Are card games "Immersive"? Is the board game Monopoly "Immersive"? Is playing basketball "Immersive"?

Is "Immersion" really what you want game developers to focus on?

hmm, let me see..I Always liked the idea of attunements and keys for dungeons and raids, it would be awesome if they bring back this system, but improved, Blizzard learned so much over the years that they could create something interesting now, not annoying and boring..

Class quest such as Shaman Totens, Warlock Demons, Paladin Mount, Druid forms was amazing, and it would be awesome to have them back in the game, but, again, improved...

Hidden quests and random chests and treasures around the maps has my vote..

Elite Mobs that require a group is an interesting idea, but it won't work, ppl need a motivation...better loot maybe...Way better...

More difficult low level dungeons, yeah, we really need this.

And when you join a 10-60 battleground they should provide you good weapons and armors till the end of the battle, it is ridiculous how unbalanced the PVP is because of players using heirloom..One shot kill isn't fun..

I love the ppl saying the stuff they liked about the op considering even he says its a joke post at the end...

Quote Originally Posted by FLstudioApprentice View Post
    You just went full retard, I want to play a game, I don't want to feed 200+ pets every hour because they hungry, I don't want to click 3 times to get a mining node, I don't want to spend a bagspace for my ammo pouch -> more time flying to the bank 'nd shit, dual spec being removed? Nah, I respec like 2x each hour, don't want to spend that much gold/time traveling/respeccing.

I do agree with some notes on the list, but not with all of 'em.
    Not once did I suggest the changes to be undone, nor any of the changes you have written in your raging post . Merely catering to your 'convenience needs'

Blizzard is fully capable of being a literal wish genie, just look at the beginning of Cata

Deleted
    To be honest, I support all those things the OP mentioned.

They wont' make shamans and pallys faction specific, but agree with most of the list.

Deleted
    the pointless quests, loot grinding, multiple tiers to traverse, were what made this game interesting, now ding 90, never leave the capital city as you can get fully gear, cap professions, run dungeons and raids without having to put any thought into what your doing, specs are simplified to the point that its impossible to have an edge over an idiot who rolls a bad spec, and now with the announced expansion they are removing more stats from the game, The magic is gone, and people realize this, in game store added people saying its a good thing, yet when all the other mmos did it the same community said it was because they flopped. its sad

I dont believe anyone actually logs into wow and has a 100% enjoyable experience, instead the log in because they spent so much time building there character that they cant face seeing the character fall behind, the cling to past experiences when the game was actually fun - remember raiding ulduar to get gear for icc - fun
    remember getting into that nax pug with those cool guys who invited you to their guild after, fun -the five mans with friends to gear up alts - fun.
    all these experiences are gone from the game, replaced with clicking a button and waiting in a queue, the people in the groups may aswell be bots.
    And most hardcore guilds now are not made up of friends who are passionate about playing, but instead a group of mercenary raiders, who will jump ship when they get the next ach or bit of gear, only invited to the guild because of past conquests

its really a shame, i had much fun playing this game, but they removed immersion, dare I say all the fun menial tasks, and replaced it with something worse.
    people arguing that convenience is better - bullcrap, its convenient to eat fast food, but its utter shit, home cooked meal isnt convenient, but its healthy and satisfies.
    currently wow does not satisfy my mmo itch, and i dont think it will again

Despite being an experiment aimed at something else, I would say it achieved something fairly unusual.
    It got a majority of posters discussing, and generally agreeing on how the game has moved forward.
    Makes a nice change from the typical childish bashing of pandaren, casuals or any of the usual bandwagons.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Despite being an experiment aimed at something else, I would say it achieved something fairly unusual.
    It got a majority of posters discussing, and generally agreeing on how the game has moved forward.
    Makes a nice change from the typical childish bashing of pandaren, casuals or any of the usual bandwagons.
    Off a cliff ...

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The mere thought of farming shards against makes me want to punch something incredibly cute, I don't care what it is. Anything adorable would get coldcocked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Off a cliff ...
    ...then performing a sick double-gainer into a hotspring of awesomeness.

(umad?)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be blunt, quite a few people would like to see those things highlighted by the OP put back.

The only problem is, when they are mandatory they just become PITA loops to jump through.

Suggestion:
    Hunters should be able to craft[1] special arrows and what not, however they only work against specific mobs in an area but they are super effective.

This give players a choice,
    - Use normal arrows and do it the "hard way".
    - Use specially prepared arrows, easier during the fight but more work upfront.

Ties perfectly into immersion.

If the hunter is ultra skilled or geared, he can forgo the special arrows - it's already easy enough for him.

Every class could have some variation of this - or share the same "special arrow" if Blizzard is lazy.

[1] Recipes can be learned from the locals and materials gather from the surrounding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    ...and performing a sick double-gainer into a hotspring of awesomeness.
    ... breaking it neck.

Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-12-24 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Heck no. I've played a hunter. I Play a warlock. Ammo and shards where't Immersion, they were annoying crap you had to deil with that took up your inventory. The other things on the list are similar. Annoying crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    This list proves how much Cata and MoP improved the game.
    I tend to agree. WoW is a fantasy game, I don't see any particular reason to force it to emulate reality. Further, I don't really see how farming adds to the game, I really don't. Oh, I ran out of magic fairy dust, now I've got to go back to that place I hate and farm that same mob everyone else is farming and spend hours upon hours doing nothing of interest. Do people really find that sort of stuff fun? Because IMO: those sorts of things are what leads to botting.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, after some recent discussion, it would seem convenience is destroying immersion. So, I would suggest putting immersion back in the game. Just so we are clear, this is my personal opinion. I speak for no one other than myself, and do NOT believe this will ever be seen by Blizz since this is not their official forum. With that in mind, here are some conveniences which need to be removed in order to improve immersion and bring back the RPG feel to the game:

1. Hunters will now be asked to give up a bag slot in exchange for a quiver or ammo pouch.
    2. Ammunition will make its return.
    3. Ranged weapons will once again need to be ranged. a 10 yard dead zone will be re-implemented.

4. Weapon and unarmed skills will need to be raised separately once more.
    5. Hunter and Battle Pets will need to be fed to keep them happy and to prevent them from running away.
    6. Attunements and Keys will be added back into Heroics. If you do not have a key, or a party member with one, you are out of luck.
    7. Simple Wood and Flint & Tinder are once again needed to make fire.
    8. Spell reagents will be re-implemented
    9. Flight will be removed from Azeroth but remain in the newer territories to provide more old world immersion
    10. Samantha Swifthoof will be returned to the path in Stranglethorn Vale
    11. Certain quest mobs will be given their elite status back and will require a group to kill them.
    12. Low level dungeons will get patrols once more who will respawn and can come up behind players without warning
    13. Guild perks will be removed
    14. Mining, Skinning, and Herbing all have a chance to fail when trying and will once again only give 1 item at a time up to a total of 3.
    15. All extra Auction Houses, Mailboxes, and Banks will be removed from Stormwind and Orgrimmar bringing them back to 1 each.
    16. Warlocks will now farm shards once more to provide a power base for certain spells.
    17. Paladins, Warlocks, Druids, and Shaman no longer get special animals and mounts automatically. There is once again a quest chain to accomplish these means.
    18. Druids will be reduced to 3 specs which will once again combine Guardian and Feral into the original Cat/Bear combo.
    19. Each class Pet will again require a quest to complete in order to learn how to summon their pet.
    20. Training is no longer automatic. You must once again visit your class trainer.
    21. Pet trainers will be included in the afore mentioned.
    22. Dual specs will be removed as you can only really play one spec at a time.
    23. Original talent trees will be implemented and everyone will once again be able to tweak their class
    24. Rogues will again be making poisons and applying them as they learn them.
    25. Paladins will be removed from the Horde as Shaman will be removed from the Alliance. Too much class/faction homogenization.

Please feel free to add to this list. I'm sure there are plenty of immersive type items I am missing.

*Also, don't take this list too seriously. It was all in good fun. Mostly a farce to show how much things have improved.

with how raids are you pretty much just broke hunters. go away. going back to the stone age of wow ;_;
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-12-24 at 05:13 AM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I had no idea immersion was synonymous to annoyance.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I'd actually like to see is flight removed, that's really the main thing that killed immersion. Well, that and LFD/LFR etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Convenience is rarely the ally of Entertainment. Things are much more rewarding and worthwhile when you've worked hard for them, agreed, but there is a thin line that takes years to get right. Blizzard have certainly moved in the right direction over the years. Not suggesting they've got it quite right for all aspects of their game, some cases they've gone too far, but overall it's far better today.

Games need to be accessible, for a whole host of reasons that would be worthy of their own interesting thread, but remember, games are no longer confined to the few elite of the world, they're now designed for the majority. While it's great to include immersion, if that immersion turns off 90% of your customer base, you won't have a game at all.
    I still stand that Wrath did it best
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.