Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jichi View Post
    Honestly (I'm not trolling), what is immersion?
    It's a great web series by Rooster Teeth.

It seems that most people are using the word immersion instead of tedious. Things like ammo, reagents for buff or buff with really short duration served no real purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    It's a great web series by Rooster Teeth.
    I like Red vs. Blue

On Topic: The original post itself was just showing some items which were removed to improve gameplay and game mechanics in general. Immersion is subjective. It is based solely on the player and their definition of it For me, I am still after Gnome Druids. Some people would QQ that would ruin their immersion. In the end, it is all a matter of personal perspective.

Deleted
    Hm sounds boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukzi View Post
    Hm sounds boring.
    During TBC, it was all we knew Now, are there some things on that list I miss? Yes. Would I ever want them back? Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    interestingly enough my state game commission did a test to see who would win at under 10 yards a person with a knife or a person with a holstered hand gun. the guy with the knife could close 10 yards over 90% of the time.

and having put it into practice the likelihood of "shooting someone in the skull" at point blank range is ridiculously low if the person you are shooting at knows you are there and is about to break your bow in half over YOUR skull.
    How about when i'm stood 10 yards behind a boss as he fights my tank? I'm perfectly placed to shoot the guy as I please.

Not only that but hunters are the best of the best with a weapon, it's something they've done their entire life and something they're alive because of. I don't really see how it's possible to simulate in the real world unless Robin Hood is knocking about.

Deleted
    I stopped reading after no.5 and i have to say no, no, no, no and no! Well, okay, i stopped after 6. And no. 6 is YES PLZ

I know you're trying to take the piss but I'd actually like it if they did about half of that list.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    I stopped reading after no.5 and i have to say no, no, no, no and no! Well, okay, i stopped after 6. And no. 6 is YES PLZ
    Hopefully you read all the way through and caught the last paragraph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sildor View Post
    I know you're trying to take the piss but I'd actually like it if they did about half of that list.
    I enjoyed it when it was current mechanics. Not sure I could ever force myself to go back.

I know it's meant to be a joke but:

1. sure
    2. would be cool
    3. 10 yard seems unrealistic and not relevant. the old 8 yards was overdone and 5 yards is more realistic. This is fine but in the same breath hunters should have melee abilities back and traps be more relevant.
    4. sure, i liked it
    5. I liked it too
    6. yes pls
    7. i enjoy minecraft so could get used to this. It sounds a bit tedious with wow's more relevant bag space issues (which should be adjusted to how they were in vanilla pre-gearset issues)
    8. yes yes yes
    9. yesssss
    10. I wasn't a huge STV fan, who?
    11. definitely!
    12. oh yes, great fun in stv with the back patrol <3
    13. dont like this D:
    14. yessss
    15. no issue with that here
    16. i dont like warlocks, so sure
    17. CLASS QUESTS? FUCK YEAH
    18. prefer 4 specs for other classes with strong reasons for them.
    19. yeah these were fun!
    20. hmmm, for first characters it certainly adds immersion, even if you're just buying a spell it represents going to get training. I liked it but on alts its a pain.
    21. mm, ok. indifferent.
    22. dont like this
    23. yessssss
    24. yeahhh
    25. no problems with that.

overall i'd like your list being brought back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."