Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    Care to elaborate? You could've done so in that phrase instead of saying that. =P

There are undead priests already, surely they can twist lore a bit to make them paladin-able just like they did with blood elves
    Undead priests almost NEVER utilize the light and are almost entirely (with only a minor single exception or two) shadow priests.

In game however, in order to give priests of Undead, you can't block out whole trees and make them Shadow only, so they have to open it up in a non-canon way.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Undead priests almost NEVER utilize the light and are almost entirely (with only a minor single exception or two) shadow priests.

In game however, in order to give priests of Undead, you can't block out whole trees and make them Shadow only, so they have to open it up in a non-canon way.
    Yes that's what I mean, if there's a huge cryout for it, blizzard will do it even if it means breaking the lore. They did it with tauren paladins/nelf mage without any issues, just one day, bam, they're available.

Yes that's what I mean, if there's a huge cryout for it, blizzard will do it even if it means breaking the lore. They did it with tauren paladins/nelf mage without any issues, just one day, bam, they're available.
    Just not good reasoning. Better have Draenei Paladins because some forum posters don't like being barred from options!

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If anything, I think it would have to be a new race. I'm really hoping for Ogre as a new race though... so...
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    If anything, I think it would have to be a new race. I'm really hoping for Ogre as a new race though... so...
    Sadly I'm starting to think blizz will never implement ogres into the game.. I mean cata/WoD was the best time to do it, but it's not happening. If they do it on the xpac after WoD how are they gonna explain all those years with them being behind the scenes?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love WoW and rarely ever threaten to quit.

If they ever make Undead Paladins, I'm out. Hitting that unsubscribe button so fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try not to care too much about how my character looks.

But for the love of God give me more options on Horde side or make the tauren racials useful for Paladins

Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    I try not to care too much about how my character looks.

But for the love of God give me more options on Horde side or make the tauren racials useful for Paladins
    More health and an aoe stun lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    More health and an aoe stun lol?
    The health racial is entirely meaningless because it's a pitiful 5% bonus to base health only. That's only a few thousand health compared to the 700k+ health tanks have. Pandaren get more health out of their double food racial. Luckily Blizz has confirmed a couple times that at least that racial is being redone since all health will simply be from stamina in WoD and there won't be any base health.

The AoE stun has a cast time and doesn't last anywhere near long enough to be worth a damn anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know why you people cant see undead Pallys because I clearly can:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9448#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9447#abilities
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

15+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf Mages are rather fine IMO, if brought back in delicately and rehabilitated (as they were), warlocks Lorewise, would be equally as outcasted from all societies as the Night Elf Mages. That's why they are always in cellars, or shady corners and in Orgrimmar they are below, because they are not looked highly upon by fellow citizens. Both are just practicing an otherwise "taboo" magic in their societies.

Also, the Sunwalker lore is not that bad. We really don't know where the lore is going with Elune (Mu'sha for Tauren) and the "Sun" which the Sunwalkers draw their power from. There is speculation that Elune is a Naaru, which would make Sunwalkers entirely valid in canon. IMHO, even better than BE's who stole it and then were "given it all along", as noble and such as that story was, it was wonky as all hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lewo_darkfluffy View Post
    I dont know why you people cant see undead Pallys because I clearly can:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9448#abilities
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=9447#abilities
    There was a quote from Blizzard many years ago (at this point I'd venture to say 5+) which said something to the effects of;

"They are the exception not the rule."

Which, would be a good thing to go by. They do wield the light (not in full Paladin form, which once again puts it all up for debate) but any light yielding Undead were said to be "The exception and not the rule".
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Don't Argent crusaders have undead paladins already?

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    "They are the exception not the rule." .
    Like Night Elf male sentinels, night elf female druids, Night Elf mages, Gnome priests etc etc

They all started as the exceptions, but they are all part of the "Race's Arms race", a race that the Forsaken have been out since day one.

And sry when you are supposedely among the 10/25 "chosen" that lead the siege of orgri/Icecrown/An'quiraj/Sunwell/Tempest Keep etc etc, you should be under the exception and not the rule.

The UC paladin could be the equivalent of warlocks in SW or Orgri, a class shunned by it's people for exactly the same reasons...That antithesis would colour the race in a far more intersting way than Sylvanas slave ghouls and it is the main reason ppl want them in.

I understand that there are many reasons ppl dont like them, but the reasons to include them far more outnumber them.

Belf population cluttering, many would reroll to Forsaken raising the forsaken pop (propably the lowest Horde pop) and lowering the Belf pop (the highest Horde pop).
    Would give to the forsaken a tank and healing specc class in one go (atm they are at the lowest count with gnomes each on 3 tanks and 2 healers, 2 of the 3 being Dk and Monk that actually make FAR less sense to the forsaken lore than Paladins).
    Would advance the Forsaken/NEW Lordaeron Lore about their society without even having them being the star race of the expansion.
    Would open a possibility of Forsaken Race Salvation, instead of the Race being the "Race we will pawn some time soon when they dont behave".

Time for forsakadins
    Last edited by Eddrik; 2013-12-29 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    An undead paladin would be pretty sweet - could definitely twist the lore to fit it, even if it does contradict everything.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy that not every race can be a pally, it shouldn't change anymore than it has already... damn tauren.

I'd rather not see any new races receive the opportunity to be a Paladin. If i had my way i'd go one step further and remove BELF and Tauren Paladins since they a both retconned to hell.

And yes - You can have your Shamans back Mr Red, Mages have Hero now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nightelf please. Thanks.

Without giving it a long thought, I'll just list a couple from existing Horde/Alliance races

-Horde-
    Undead
    Orc (saw a fantasy game with a half-Orc Paladin)

-Alliance-
    Gnome
    Night Elf

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    As much as I love WoW and rarely ever threaten to quit.

If they ever make Undead Paladins, I'm out. Hitting that unsubscribe button so fast.
    Considering how little it would take you to quit, your first statement doesn't sound so legit.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    I'd rather not see any new races receive the opportunity to be a Paladin. If i had my way i'd go one step further and remove BELF and Tauren Paladins since they a both retconned to hell.
    Erm, how are Blood Elf Paladins retcon?
    Last edited by BatteredRose; 2014-01-01 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    Without giving it a long thought, I'll just list a couple from existing Horde/Alliance races

-Horde-
    Undead
    Orc (saw a fantasy game with a half-Orc Paladin)
    I'm reminded of the half-orc paladin substitution levels in D&D 3.5. Basically instead of smiting stuff they get a self-buff much like a rage, plus they have more health than usual and get an aura that makes it easier for them to scare stuff shitless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodjunky22 View Post
    most of the races on the horde that wield the light do so only through twisting lore, (undead priest, troll priest, and belf pallys) so i dont see why they couldnt twist it for orcs or trolls again. personally id love to see the trolls discover how to weild the light like alliance pallys do now that Vol'jin is warcheif, they could somehow work that in. . . .but the QQ level would be insane!
    actually troll priests are within the lore,in the Ashbringer comic there is a troll priest zebra hex or something like that
    Last edited by xmx; 2014-01-04 at 05:15 AM.