View Poll Results: WHat will you do?

Voters
583. This poll is closed
  • Will go to 90 and do all stuff as normal just without flying. WIll do quest chain when it comes.

521 89.37%
  • Going 90 and then taking break until 6.1

21 3.60%
  • Not starting WoD until 6.1 and only then if quest chain is short and easy

11 1.89%
  • Not starting WoD until 6.1 and then do quest even if it is long

6 1.03%
  • Not starting WoD until flying is simply purchasable

14 2.40%
  • Not going to play WoD, if the flying quest chain is too long or hard.

10 1.72%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It only serves to slow down my leveling process by having me travel at 100% ground speed instead of 310% flight speed. So business as usual.

Deleted
    If some1 plays this game just because he can fly he should quit imo. I mean flying is cool and a nice convinient thingy but srsly deciding whether u play or not based on flying is just retarded...

eh, i doubt i'll even play at all. harder heroics, some bullshit quest for flying, just pointless, needless changes. i might sub a month just to see how my paladin looks with her new model though. new models are the only things that even remotely interest me. garrisons looked fun at first, but they're just gonna be for the losers that sit on their ass all day and farm gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll deal with it.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    eh, i doubt i'll even play at all. harder heroics, some bullshit quest for flying, just pointless, needless changes. i might sub a month just to see how my paladin looks with her new model though. new models are the only things that even remotely interest me. garrisons looked fun at first, but they're just gonna be for the losers that sit on their ass all day and farm gold.
    This mindset is what killed WoW.

Harder heroics are a bad thing? Actually having to traverse the world and not just fly from A to B is a bad thing? You people suck and I wish you weren't allowed to play.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

I honestly don't know what all the whining about this topic is about, personally I'd just love them to take flying out of the game entirely at this point, it's made everything so dull. If anything just buff our ground mounts at 100 and keep flying out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    Because it's a silly question.
    how is it a silly question?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    When subs drop and Blizzard spends their third straight expansion backtracking a huge mistake, we'll see what your poll means then.
    Sub numbers are terrible ways to track how good an expansion was. MoP was markedly better than cataclysm. The pay-to-play market is shrinking and WoW still has it in a strangle hold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post

Harder heroics are a bad thing? Actually having to traverse the world and not just fly from A to B is a bad thing? You people suck and I wish you weren't allowed to play.
    this forum needs a "like" system...

get mad :3

also, i forgot about ptr. so i'll play ptr to check out the new models and if i like anything i might sub for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Feefel View Post
    Make my fortune from Ore farming because nobody will want to do it with no flying.
    This... I will farm every last ounce of shit out of draenor and sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    how is it a silly question?
    Because it's not going to happen. If there truly are people absurd enough to un-sub solely because of no flying, it will be a drop in the proverbial bucket, numbers-wise.

Deleted

truer words have never been spoken, derpkitteh do the world a favor and never play WoW again

I assume you also want flying mounts removed permanently, as well as all flight paths and the mounted guild perk? If not that, why not just make flight paths take 50% longer and be three times as expensive to discourage their use?

I mean, why not force people to ACTUALLY traverse the world? Or are you just setting arbitrary subjective lines of what is and is not an appropriate amount of "traversing" the world and presenting them as objective fact?

Edit: For the record, as I've said before, this change won't stop me from playing (just from doing archaeology and the like for a while), but I still don't see that it actually accomplishes anything but increase time requirements (though since that's what most people who support the change actually want, and not any kind of improved gameplay or immersion, I've given up debating the matter for the most part.)

Edit2: And I am greatly looking forward to harder heroics, though disappointed that challenge modes are still just going to be speed runs instead of anything really hard.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2014-01-05 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Confused what flying adds besides faster farming? Like what is fun about flying?
    Faster, quest completion, faster leveling of professions, faster gathering for professions, faster travel than using the convoluted automatic flight paths from flight masters. This will impact a lot of aspects of gameplay.

If you plan to AFK in Stormwind and Orgrimmar as usual, yes you are correct nothing has changed (and defeats the whole purpose of this change in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by vandalhart View Post
    Just hope there isn't a Dread Wastes zone. That zone was abhorrent without flying.
    I always go straight to Dread Wastes at 89. Not sure what the beef is hoofing it from a-b in that zone, especially given that the klaxxi often give you a ride to the next quest in the chain.

Deleted
    Time to raise that fishing prof skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I assume you also want flying mounts removed permanently, as well as all flight paths and the mounted guild perk? If not that, why not just make flight paths take 50% longer and be three times as expensive to discourage their use?
    I wouldn't really mind any of those changes. Flying is convenient, yes, but not necessary in any way. I don't mind using ground mounts to get from place to place; why would you not want to immerse yourself in the world every now and then? It's an RPG. (Well, technically, now, I'd call it an mmo-aag, action adventure game)

I mean, why not force people to ACTUALLY traverse the world? Or are you just setting arbitrary subjective lines of what is and is not an appropriate amount of "traversing" the world and presenting them as objective fact?
    Force me, please. This game needs life breathed into it, or it's in serious trouble.

Edit: For the record, as I've said before, this change won't stop me from playing (just from doing archaeology and the like for a while), but I still don't see that it actually accomplishes anything but increase time requirements (though since that's what most people who support the change actually want, and not any kind of improved gameplay or immersion, I've given up debating the matter for the most part.)
    If you only perceive it as "increasing time requirements" then, I'm sorry, but you're not of the mindset of many true RPG gamers. You strive for instant gratification and thus our opinions are always going to differ on this. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's a fundamental difference.

Edit2: And I am greatly looking forward to harder heroics, though disappointed that challenge modes are still just going to be speed runs instead of anything really hard.
    However, we do agree here, I haven't touched Challenge modes but then again I've never been a fan of time trials.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Move to a PvE server and continue as normal.

Watch the hail of tears as people realize WoD is focused on tag-a-rare-without-flying

I won't sub for WoD though. I don't like the changes here and there but that's another story
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevt View Post
    If some1 plays this game just because he can fly he should quit imo. I mean flying is cool and a nice convinient thingy but srsly deciding whether u play or not based on flying is just retarded...
    Ah so nice to see the retarded word used by people that probably fall into that category... anyway, that decision is personal. People may want to choose to (temporarily) not play the game because it adds unnecessary waste of time they don't want to accept. Nothing retarded about making a decision that you feel is right. I'm still not sure on what I will do, I'll probably level one or two toons to 90 and then come back when flying is available, if the quest chain is not too bad. If the quest is anything like the current legendary quest? Then I will probably quit the game, as for one I feel there's too much time wasted on travel and freedom lost if I cannot fly.

- - - Updated - - -

If you only perceive it as "increasing time requirements" then, I'm sorry, but you're not of the mindset of many true RPG gamers. You strive for instant gratification and thus our opinions are always going to differ on this. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's a fundamental difference.
    This is BS for the most part and short-sighted for the other.
    First of all, there isn't that many RPG about in my experience. I have played on two RPG servers in the past where easily less than half the population would not care very much about RPG except for the occasional event. Besides the true RPG gamers are in no way hampered by flying. If you're serious about RPG you can avoid the use of them through roleplay.... Yes it's a convenience to be able to fly but then again we have so many conveniences in life too that we wouldn't wanna give up, even though we don't NEED them. Cell phones? TV? Computers? The world got by without them in the past, so let's get rid of those? No need to get rid of them, people that do not want to use cellphones or watch TV can choose not too without taking those away from others. Same goes for flying.

I understand that Blizzard is doing this probably with the intent of gating/pacing the content each expansion start, I think they took it a step too far this coming expansion.