View Poll Results: WHat will you do?

Voters
583. This poll is closed
  • Will go to 90 and do all stuff as normal just without flying. WIll do quest chain when it comes.

521 89.37%
  • Going 90 and then taking break until 6.1

21 3.60%
  • Not starting WoD until 6.1 and only then if quest chain is short and easy

11 1.89%
  • Not starting WoD until 6.1 and then do quest even if it is long

6 1.03%
  • Not starting WoD until flying is simply purchasable

14 2.40%
  • Not going to play WoD, if the flying quest chain is too long or hard.

10 1.72%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    These fucking whines are hilarious. Honestly, people will take a break from the best, most intense part of the game (beginning of an expansion) just because they can't fly and play inside their single-player bubble? This playerbase.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2013-12-24 at 12:52 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Will go to 90 and do all stuff as normal just without flying. Will do quest chain when it comes."
    No flying for about 3-4 months isn't the end of the world. I can run around on the ground like any sane player and ENJOY the game. I'll explore the continent and quest everywhere. I'll bathe in the Zangar Sea. I'll evade the Arakkoa trying to burn me alive. No flying doesn't affect me in any way. Come on, it's not like Draenor will split apart and throw us into the Twisting Nether, right?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    As far as we know at this moment flying will only be available after 6.1 hits so that means 2-3 months without flying. This is not a discussion about pros and cons, but more how people will go about during that period. And if it matters if the quest chain that rewards you flying is fair.
    What will I do? Rediscover my old favorite ground mounts. I use a random mount macro/addon and I anticipate many of the same moments that I have in zones like IoT and Tol Barad: "Oh, I remember this mount. I love/hate this mount."

Alternatively:

....the same thing we do every night, Pinky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    These fucking whines are hilarious. Honestly, people will take a break from the best, most intense part of the game (beginning of an expansion) just because they can't fly and play inside their single-player bubble? This playerbase.
    Seriously. You would think that they've changed the subscription fee to fingers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy: Like always just without flying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The beginning of an expansion isn't the best part of the game, it's actually the worst.
    It's the worst for people like you, who love routine and hate being left behind because you can't keep up. That's why you all want a flying mount so you can rush through 75% of the new content and get to where you were in the previous expansion as fast as possible so you can sit in OG/SW, do nothing and feel like you belong.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2013-12-24 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Can't really compare the two since in one of them you could fly again once you reached 90, this time around you need to stay on the ground until the next patch arrives.
    Yes, because you need flying to be able to sit in your capital/garrison and queue to LFD/LFR. And that is what most of these whiners most likely do.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Unlike all the insane whiners and ragers, I will just play as normal. Convenience isn't why I play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    ....That's why you all want a flying mount so you can rush through 75% of the new content.....
    Totally agree with the sentiment in the (full) comment, but this part in particular. I was fine with not being able to fly for awhile. Didn't love it and thought it was a questionable decision, but was fine with it.

The QQ about it on these forums (in this post and the others) makes me realize that it's absolutely a great idea. Dependency on things is bad people. Hats off to Blizz for seeing the issue in whichever/whatever way they saw it.

is this poll made for people who will not buy the exp? all this talk about getting to 90 is kinda weird, seeing how the cap of the new exp will be 100...

but anyway... i'll finally have a decent reason to run arround in the coolest looking ground mount in a very long time, the shado pan tiger

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Yes, because you need flying to be able to sit in your capital/garrison and queue to LFD/LFR. And that is what most of these whiners most likely do.

after hiting max level what exatly is there to do except lfg queueing and maybe world boss grps as we wont have lfr for a bit heck i wouldnt be suprised if they delayed relasing the raids till week 2 or3

Hmm what will I do? I know pray flying doesn't come back. My personal feeling is flying killed some of the fun in the game. I enjoyed it more when flying wasn't around but I'm sure I'm in the minority there.

Deleted
    It not going to bother me all that much to be honest the only thing that would bug me is there will be more stealing of herbs/mines by this i mean while your killing the mobs to get to the mine/herb another person comes in and steals it... Annoying as hell just means rather than a handful of people doing this that everyone will be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    OP: You forgot the option 'Will play world of Queue-craft and sit in my garrison until 6.1."
    Yeah that is what I will be doing most likely.

Is it really that hard to use a taxi service?

And another poll proving that NOONE cares. Get over yourselves and stop making these childish whine polls and posts.
    Flying or not is a non-issue as we do not know how the areas will even play.

Just wait and see for the beta and then you can whine and also be ignored by people that just want to play the bloody game as it is.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like 6.1 is the ToT type patch. You wait like 3 months and then you get to fly again. For most "AVERAGE" players the first 2 weeks is probably going to be spent leveling. Note again, when I say average I truly mean average. If you think it's average to play for 15-16 hours a week to get to level cap before the first reset, you really don't understand what average is. If you play this much to get to level cap in the first week, you probably take the game far more serious and won't be bothered by the lack of flying.

So for most of the player base it's going to be like 2 1/2 months of waiting to fly again. People will level more alts like they usually do and all of that stuff.

I don't really get the big draw anyway. The content is going to be balanced around not flying anyways, so it's not like you're missing anything that other people aren't missing.

Even if they had flying in the game it would only be nice for farming rare spawns and getting resources. They would just ground the max level zones and make you use ground mounts to discourage flying, and basically tie all the good rewards to it. Everything else is tied to menus anyway. Arena, BGs, dungeons and LFR are a good portion of the game, and those are all automated with the click of a button.

What will I do? Not freak out for one. It's roughly 3 months of my time, half of a content cycle. I'll use the most efficient routes to get to places and actually use flight paths. Flight paths as they are in game, at least the later ones really aren't that bad and are great if you need to AFK for a couple minutes. I'm sure they will make the ones in WoD better to transition us into the ground game.

Seriously it's not that bad. Oh and I'll use my good looking ground mounts. The only time you get to really appreciate those is in BGs/arenas

I don't know why people would give up the highest activity WoW sees (expansion releases) because of the inability to fly.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-12-24 at 03:40 PM.

Vocalus minorium go home. Less flying is better for the game. Deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    And another poll proving that NOONE cares. Get over yourselves and stop making these childish whine polls and posts.
    Flying or not is a non-issue as we do not know how the areas will even play.
    And how exactly is this poll whining, I merely created it to see how much people really care about (no-)flying? Given the outcome of the poll so far, indeed noone really cares and they can live with it... doesn't mean they like it or approve of it, just that they are intended to 'overcome' that hurdle....
    I even mentioned that in the poll , it's not about Pro or Con, just wanted to see how people will deal with it... if anyone should stop whining it's you really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Vocalus minorium go home. Less flying is better for the game. Deal with.
    Hmm did not want this to go about pro or con, but how on earth is it better? If it truly was better, then they would not have allowed flying at all anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Is it really that hard to use a taxi service?
    if they stay as slow and indirect as they are now yes

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Hmm did not want this to go about pro or con, but how on earth is it better? If it truly was better, then they would not have allowed flying at all anymore...
    Not exactly, no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    if they stay as slow and indirect as they are now yes
    Being slow makes it hard to use? (Which they aren't slow)