Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Garrisons will be heavily integrated into the game..

Garrisons will be heavily integrated into the game, making it something that will be hard to skip

While garrisons do sound quite interesting does that one sentence sound rather ominous to anyone else? Given the fact that they also said that it would take months to 'complete'. Grinding them for months when you may not like them sounds pretty poor to me.

To early to tell really as info is pretty sparse about them but that fills me with dread.

Deleted
    You're probably overthinking it. It's likely that a lot of quests will lead there and that you'll benefit from having a garrison in both PvE and PvP. Kinda like having a guild is very benefitial. There probably won't be a requirement to actually have a garrison.

And you're misusing the word grinding. If it was grindable, you'd be able to sit 24/7 and complete it in a few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    And you're misusing the word grinding. If it was grindable, you'd be able to sit 24/7 and complete it in a few days.
    Its like scaling, so many people throw that word around when they're bitching about something without even understanding the concept as it applies to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Garrisons will be heavily integrated into the game, making it something that will be hard to skip

While garrisons do sound quite interesting does that one sentence sound rather ominous to anyone else? Given the fact that they also said that it would take months to 'complete'. Grinding them for months when you may not like them sounds pretty poor to me.

To early to tell really as info is pretty sparse about them but that fills me with dread.
    garrisons are like super farms. you say "grinding for months" and it makes it sound bad what you really should say is "showing up for like 10 minutes or so every day or whenever something is finished once you get followers"

just because it takes time doesnt mean you will be grinding, could you grind the farm? no. there may be a few small things you can "grind" like the vanity animals on the farm but other than that most of the stuff is just show up do your little thing for like 10 minutes, come back later
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Garrisons should be an optional side thing for people to do. It shouldn't be something as important to character progression as dungeons.

Of course, they're going to make it mandatory and then say something like, "Garrisons are a very popular feature and we feel they worked out well."

I could see a few ways to heavily integrate it in ways that hasn't been done before. They are being plugged as one of the defining aspects of this expansion, so I could see the legendary quest line running through your garrison. In LoTRO there were 'trophy' drops off certain mobs and bosses that you could use to decorate your housing. I can see that being integrated. Sort of how Org had Mag's armor on display as a monument to Grom. Perhaps it won't drop in LFR or Flex (normal now I guess) to offer further incentives to try harder difficulties.

I figure it will function like the farm in that it can be used to help gather crafting mats.
    Is this where the header goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    They are almost certainly going to be daily activities involved with them. To me that is a grind.

This worries me... It would be like Sunsong ranch would be a mandatory task to accomplish. No, I don't like that bit at all. I wanna focus on the classic , keep getting better gears, farm the loots from the epic raids. Now, shove down this play-housing, almost feels like a force.. Only time will tell how it will be played out. Hopefully, not that much.

They are almost certainly going to be daily activities involved with them. To me that is a grind.
    thats like calling the farm a grind.

is it grindy to go pick your flowers and replant them? takes like 10 minutes. and alot of the stuff is from followers. fly to garrison - land - hey follower go do something - ok be back in x amount of time

yeah super grindy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I do kind of agree a bit, it's almost like lvl 25 guilds.. you HAVE TO BE IN ONE, or you lose, TONS of perks. I'm guessing this is the exact same thing.
    I even bought lvl 25 guild (was like 10,000 on Darkspear), renamed it, I'm the only person in the guild because I am tired of jumping from awful to awful, I'd rather just be in no guild, or have a lvl 25 of my own.

Hopefully things will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

is it grindy to go pick your flowers and replant them? takes like 10 minutes. and alot of the stuff is from followers. fly to garrison - land - hey follower go do something - ok be back in x amount of time

yeah super grindy
    The farm is just a side thing and not 'heavily integrated into the game'. We will have to wait and see how much involvement is required in the garrison but i am not a fan of forced systems. If you absolutely have to do it for advancement? Don't like the sound of that.

I consider getting all your plots on the farm to be a grind... a daily grind.

The word you are looking for is repetitive, and even then, we don't know how those dailies work, they might be very random or there may be a huge variety of them. Still, I don't expect garrisons to be too time consuming, even if they take months to complete and fully upgrade, they probably won't require too much weekly time invested into them.

Also, it's a MMO, you can't expect to have a new unique quest chain every day waiting for you. Doing the same battlegrounds and arenas or killing the same bosses every week is also repetitive, but it's what this game is about.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2013-12-24 at 11:39 AM.

I was sick of the farm over the course of a week, and yes, the sounds of this garrison has me worried as well. I've already unsubbed, I will wait and see of WoD brings me back...but the more I hear, the less likely it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

yeah super grindy

Grind: A laborious task, routine, or study.
    laborious or routine work or study

You should pull out a dictionary before dismissing people.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/grind
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-12-24 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Grind: A laborious task, routine, or study.
    laborious or routine work or study

You should pull out a dictionary before dismissing people.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/grind
    Apply cold water to burned area.

OT: I hope its a side activity, I never touched farm and I don't see any disadvantages of it.

Such melodrama.

Its 'hard to skip' in the sense that you wont accidently not notice the feature is there.

It doesnt sound 'ominous' at all.

My guess is they are integrating it even more into the game than they initially planned - based on overwhelming positive feedback they got at and since Blizzcon regarding the feature and the huge amount of ideas/things people have for them and what they could do (eg showing alts in there, having pets in stables etc)

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Such melodrama.

Its 'hard to skip' in the sense that you wont accidently not notice the feature is there.

It doesnt sound 'ominous' at all.

My guess is they are integrating it even more into the game than they initially planned - based on overwhelming positive feedback they got at and since Blizzcon regarding the feature and the huge amount of ideas/things people have for them and what they could do (eg showing alts in there, having pets in stables etc)
    They compared skipping garrisons to skipping dungeons. Sure, you can skip dungeons later in the expansion, but at the start dungeons are essentially mandatory for character progression.

A grind is something that requires extensive amounts of time that you have to actively invest to get anywhere. Something that takes a long time, but only requires you to actively do anything for a miniscule amount of that, is not a grind. You can't just redefine words to fit your personal opinion and expect to be understood.

We have known for a while that garrisons aren't optional like pet battles. https://twitter.com/OccupyGStreet/st...07123273076736

Well, questing is hard to skip, dungeons are hard to skip (at max level), raids are hard to skip....

I really don't mind if they integrate garrisons that much that it will be hard to skip.
    There will be benefits, pve and pvp.
    The other thing is we can have offline progress! Well who wants to skip that?