Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Warcraft Movie - actor physicality

i mean when you think about it, every human male in warcraft is built like a bodybuilder. do you think they are going to have all the actors beef up for the movie?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

And maybe plastic surgery to turn them into non human races ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't confuse in-game reality with a movie.

There is plenty of unrealistic details ingame due to the game visual style being a tad cartoonish, but it won't translate well into the movie.

Of course actors' physique will need to be on some higher level, but I guess we can expect something around Christian Bale's (The Dark Knight)/Hugh Jackman's (Wolverine)/Gerard Butler's (300) bodies rather than beefed-up, mutant-like humans from WoW.

The problem is - you connect it to the WoW too much. The movie is indeed set in the same universe, but it's Warcraft, not World of Warcraft. They don't need to preserve WoW design and they most likely won't, given the fact that Legendary Studios is behind it. I guess it will be much darker and way more serious than WoW representation.

Treat it kinda like Batman - you can tell his story relatively child-safely like in Animated Series, or go Dark Knight, all the way opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Don't confuse in-game reality with a movie.

There is plenty of unrealistic details ingame due to the game visual style being a tad cartoonish, but it won't translate well into the movie.

Of course actors' physique will need to be on some higher level, but I guess we can expect something around Christian Bale's (The Dark Knight)/Hugh Jackman's (Wolverine)/Gerard Butler's (300) bodies rather than beefed-up, mutant-like humans from WoW.

The problem is - you connect it to the WoW too much. The movie is indeed set in the same universe, but it's Warcraft, not World of Warcraft. They don't need to preserve WoW design and they most likely won't, given the fact that Legendary Studios is behind it. I guess it will be much darker and way more serious than WoW representation.

Treat it kinda like Batman - you can tell his story relatively child-safely like in Animated Series, or go Dark Knight, all the way opposite.
    Exactly. Also people should finally stop taking everything ingame at facevalue. WoW is at its best times a theme park, and not a proper scaled representation of the lore.

Deleted
    Well, this is how Captain America would have looked if they had used the "real" size from the comics: https://static.squarespace.com/stati...ca8162012.jpeg

So, no, I dont think the actors need to be that swole, granted that they still need to be big guys!