Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    I once got banned for quoting a Tupac song... It was during WotLK
    Never bothered typing anything other than WTS / LFG / LFM in trade ever since.
    Same here, but with EazyE song.

Most people don't know what's sarcasm etc. They're just feeling like you're harassing them... pussies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last year I got banned for TALKING to a gold spammer.
    I got a whisper from the generic gold spammers (who actually whispered you back then), and I engaged them in sarcastic conversation.
    I was mostly mocking them, but the next day I got an email from Blizzard saying that I had apparently bought gold (which I hadn't) and recieved a 72 hour ban.
    I immediately petitioned it, having done nothing wrong, but they only got back to me on the third day and canceled the ban with only 8 hours left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    I once got banned for quoting a Tupac song... It was during WotLK
    Never bothered typing anything other than WTS / LFG / LFM in trade ever since.
    You learned a good lesson.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    (...) I noticed that it seemed to be somewhat of a free-for-all in General Chat with people saying some of the most misogynistic, homophobic, racist, transphobic crap I've ever seen in a video game.(...)
    I'm really curious about your "sensibility meter". It could be that you are on a hidden, secret neo nazi religious fundamentalist server, or it could be that you're full of it. Hilariously though, someone felt offended enough because you allegedly criticized a song that they liked, that in their opinion, it warranted an alleged harassment report.

I'm just going to go on a limb here and guess that you're an US player, correct me if i'm wrong, but you guys these days compete in "who is most offended" competitions, on the internets especially and you now feel the repercussions of promoting this "offended culture" you have going on there. Someone "out-offended" you here it seems. Maybe next time someone will be offended that you didn't help them kill an elite ingame, and will report you for "unfriendly play style", and maybe throw in some racism and homophobia too, because they happened to play a gay african american human male paladin. You reap what you sow. Fun to read though.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2013-12-24 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    Is WoW locking up on banning people for language nowadays? Just yesterday with the realm merges I saw people from my realm ripping the shit out of people from other realms on trade chat. It was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    I came back to WoW about two months ago and started to enjoy the Timeless Isle. I noticed that it seemed to be somewhat of a free-for-all in General Chat with people saying some of the most misogynistic, homophobic, racist, transphobic crap I've ever seen in a video game. After about a month, I started in on the conversation myself.

Yesterday I received a warning for something I said on 12/11/2013. What's even funnier is it got tagged as Harassment toward another player even though it was a critique of a pop star and a terribly annoying song of hers directed at no one in General Chat. <snip>

Since then, I've said worse. Even if behavior is changed and I just leave general chat altogether, am I going to get a flood of these emails from 12/11/2013 - 12/23/2013 for a number of other infractions that will lead to a perma-ban?

Oh well, at least on my last time spent in Azeroth I will spend all my time policing Timeless Isle general chat.
    That's the game you choose to play. You are either the foul mouthed person in chat that thinks everything they type is hilarious or you get your giggles being internet cop and reporting people for any little thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    That's the game you choose to play. You are either the foul mouthed person in chat that thinks everything they type is hilarious or you get your giggles being internet cop and reporting people for any little thing.
    Lol @ Internet Cop. Perhaps you should watch what you say on the internet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that all the advice needed has been offered so closing this.

Next time don't mention anyone's real name or server as naming and shaming is against the rules. That's now been all edited out but don't have it happen again.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."