Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Same thing happened here OP,

we were having a giant convo in trade about celebs back during BC and I said something like 'I'd nail Brittany Spears" and I got a 3 day ban. Mine too was listed under harassment of another player and I sent blizz an email asking who I harassed because that wasn't harassment of any other player they said they couldn't divulge that information. SO apparently Brittany Spears plays alliance on the scryers. I didn't know so many celebs played WoW!!! XD

Anyway, perm ban? Hell no, I've seen kids saying, no SPAMMING trade with 'Fa**ot n**gers!' and they never get banned. Most you'll get is a 3 day ban.

But its funny, because after I got banned I too have kept myself out of trade chat in ANY game. I used to be the dude with the witty, oft profanity laden remarks in trade chat, and I was somewhat 'known' on my server for not putting up with anyone's shit so if I saw someone getting bullied I'd usually totally embarrass the bully in trade chat.

Anyway, no perma ban (though you might have the NSA show up at your house depending on what you said) you'll be okay... until the NSA shows up :P

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

10+ Year Old Account
    Racist and Homophobic shit or other stuff that could hurt other players should warrant a temporary ban and perma if it continues but pretty much everything else should be ok, but that's just my opinion.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    I hope you get a permanent ban. Tired of all these players acting like stupid children.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokat View Post
    I hope you get a permanent ban. Tired of all these players acting like stupid children.
    This.

There is absolutely no need to be a dick in world chat. Just shut up and play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

10+ Year Old Account
    What's cool about this game is that you actually don't have to act like a jerk!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    so you decided to become a sheep & follow everyone elses example?
    maybe the warning may actually make you think for yourself in future, instead of copying the low lifes that have nothing better to say in /general.
    So you decide to become a sheep and get told whats offensive and whats not?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    There are some people who like being a douche for the sake of being one. Some of us just have a short fuse and a foul mouth. Also, you don't have to tolerate anything. Moments like those are why Blizz has an ignore feature. It's usually the Bible folk who are most easily offended yet continue to play an online game with anonymous assholes. People who are "easily offended" have no place in an unmonitored medium.
    Again, not sure where you're getting the bible-thumping stuff. You're essentially contrarian for the sake of being so which is just plain immature; no wonder you got a perma-ban. I also rarely report anyone, just the racists and homophobic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    i once got a 3 hours ban during tbc because of calling someone '' cheap b.tch '' via whisper. same person got a 3 days ban because of calling me faggot.

interesting, isn't it ?
    Past violations are taken into account when deciding punishment. You got a warning, they probably have been warned multiple times.

*OP: It doesn't matter what people say, it's what gets reported. Sounds like someone on your server has had enough of your Alliance timeless ilse chat and has started reporting a lot. Change your ways before you get in trouble and rejoice! For maybe the douchebaggery will end.
    Is this where the header goes?

I turned off General and Trade chat in my UI awhile ago to get rid of all the freaks. Been enjoying the game ever since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try not to be a moron and bans wouldn't happen
    Shocking I know

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Funny thing about human nature. Some people have a short fuse and a foul mouth. We can't all love Jesus with a 10 foot stick in our ass. Sometimes, we just let it go. But, we always have some nose in the air, goody fucking two shoes to tattle on us and snap us back in line. Maybe instead of offering advice to those who do no seek such counsel, you might just add them to ignore and not comment at all. Just a thought.
    I don't believe Rimailkall was looking for your "counsel", just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, he actually knows what he finds offensive all by himself!

If people want to use chat channels to do anything that is not constructive or somewhat useful, I couldn't care less if they get banned for it. Be it temporary or permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Past violations are taken into account when deciding punishment. You got a warning, they probably have been warned multiple times.

*OP: It doesn't matter what people say, it's what gets reported. Sounds like someone on your server has had enough of your Alliance timeless ilse chat and has started reporting a lot. Change your ways before you get in trouble and rejoice! For maybe the douchebaggery will end.
    I mentioned this in the original post but this is Horde, not Alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UpInFlames View Post
    Sarah Bareilles ha impact tho
    Katy Perry did it better with Roar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    If people want to use chat channels to do anything that is not constructive or somewhat useful, I couldn't care less if they get banned for it. Be it temporary or permanent.
    In that case you would be banned likewise. I mean you dont really believe anything you do in wow is constructive?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you will. If you do it might be a suspension but I would argue that the 'reporties' should be using their mature language filters.

~Spazzer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    I don't believe Rimailkall was looking for your "counsel", just a thought.
    I was not providing counsel, I was responding to a direct assessment. You might learn what these things are before attempting to sound like you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heard of wierd bans before. My Guildmaster called her boyfriend gay when we were doing Zul'Aman in cata and she got banned for 4 hours for that.

Seems like sometimes weird stuff gets picked up on.
    Al'Akir - EU Affliction, Mistweaver, Holydin and Blood raid toons.
    15 years of loving Broodwar Zerg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    i think a little common sense is needed in such matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i think a little common sense is needed in such matters.
    Common sense in an MMO. Yes, let me run right out and have Bigfoot take a picture of me and the Lochness Monster.

No, you don't get banned for ridiculous things like that.