Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Am I reading this right? Hunch optional with New Orc modelsight?

Was on the front page;
    Will it be possible to have an Orc model like Thrall's? I love the new model, but I'd prefer a straight back rather (cont)
    It just need happen - just talk to lore guys, they would be so happy to have real orcs instead that peons...
    feel like we took a step away from peon with model update, but realize that upright pose option is desired (Source)

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

The only thing I see is that they realize that the upright pose is desired. That's it.

I wouldn't count on it though. The Orc is done. Every model looking the same like the Pandaren do will be how this thing launches. Watch.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-12-24 at 08:17 AM.

Still great news though.

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

They know you want it but they don't know if it will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    More like a "yeah, it'd be cool! But it's probably not going to happen."

Which is pretty much where all the suggestions went into.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Well I do hope we get it some day... maybe not with the current model updates but who knows there after.
    As they will try to do sub races also, then it could be a good time.

I love baseless pessimistic speculation threads. The negativity hivemind strongly desires to waste their lives loathing something they can't seem to spend time away from. Human inefficiency at its finest hour.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The only thing I see is that they realize that the upright pose is desired. That's it.

I wouldn't count on it though. The Orc is done. Every model looking the same like the Pandaren do will be how this thing launches. Watch.
    Even when actively stating that work isn't finished and previously shown models have been further worked on. "Nah bro the orc is done". These forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I love baseless pessimistic speculation threads. The negativity hivemind strongly desires to waste their lives loathing something they can't seem to spend time away from. Human inefficiency at its finest hour.
    Any sort of "pessimism" originating from myself on the subject relates to how much bloody time it would take for them to restyle all the animations to fit the orc into an upright posture, as WELL as correcting all the various armor skins/positions/etc to accommodate the new postures.

And then why do only orcs get special treatment? Why not have trolls stand up straight, or forsaken? And then maybe I WANT my human to be hunched over, what then?

It's a simple factor of work time investment versus output. It's not really worth the time.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And then why do only orcs get special treatment? Why not have trolls stand up straight, or forsaken? And then maybe I WANT my human to be hunched over, what then?

It's a simple factor of work time investment versus output. It's not really worth the time.
    Because fixing the Orcs back is a much much more requested change. Almost everyone wants it. Now is the time and blizzard would be dumb to pass up the chance to impress ALOT of wow players. Also Trolls have never stood upright, either have Forsaken. Yet all of warcraft 3 warrior orcs all stood upright.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    We can only infer from the response, it's PR speak designed to give a non-answer.

I think they recognize the need for the upright Orc. However, I think they will not even consider it until the Draenei and Blood Elves are done.

Don't be surprised if we are waiting another 18 months - 2 years for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    We can only infer from the response, it's PR speak designed to give a non-answer.

I think they recognize the need for the upright Orc. However, I think they will not even consider it until the Draenei and Blood Elves are done.

Don't be surprised if we are waiting another 18 months - 2 years for it.
    Wouldn't be to surprised. They did say after the new models are finished they wanted to add new hairstyles, features and subraces. Upright Orc might be one.
    Aye mate

I don't expect the straight Orc back to not be an afterthought. If they want to reach their goal of having all the models done before release, reworking a whole model because a vocal minority desires it is the wrong way to go. Not saying it won't happen, but definitely not before release with so many other models that need to be worked on. They have seemed to mention that more focus will go towards models after the release than there has been before, so I'm hopeful things like this as well as hairstyles/subraces and other things will come in patches.

Deleted
    The more noise people make about it, the more likely they'll feel the need to tackle and address the issue. Encouraging response from Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Deusfox View Post
    The more noise people make about it, the more likely they'll feel the need to tackle and address the issue. Encouraging response from Blizz.
    It's not really an issue. Just a whine. Why should every other race be denied their model on release so Orcs can get special treatment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    It's not really an issue. Just a whine. Why should every other race be denied their model on release so Orcs can get special treatment?
    Who said anything about them being denied? What if they finished them all then fix orcs? And it has never been whining. Ever since the ALPHA people have been asking for Orcs with a straight back.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

Even when actively stating that work isn't finished and previously shown models have been further worked on. "Nah bro the orc is done". These forums
    I guess you can call it pessimistic...I call it I not an idiot, I understand business, and I know Blizzard, and unlike most people here, I don't speculate based on baseless information.

You continue that "bro" talk. I'll continue to live in an educated reality.

Deleted
    How can someone argue against this, seriously.
    Any form of customization is better than less.

and to the pessimists worried about their favored race not getting an update because of orcs finally
    seeing a chiropractor, come on. it's not on the top of the designers list, getting all of the models finished is the top priority.

Deleted
    I love how naive you are, that's why Blizzard gives these vague answers, to get you hyped with things that aren't even in development and expect "to be pleasantly surprised" even though it never happens. Same thing happened with model updates, ever since WotLK people took Blizzard's "We'd love to do it" as "We are doing it, expect them to show up any day now (just keep on playing)".
    If they decide to give orcs a different pose, you'll know, they'll even make a big preview for it.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2013-12-24 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Because fixing the Orcs back is a much much more requested change. Almost everyone wants it. Now is the time and blizzard would be dumb to pass up the chance to impress ALOT of wow players. Also Trolls have never stood upright, either have Forsaken. Yet all of warcraft 3 warrior orcs all stood upright.
    Bolded part is your assumption. My guess is that majority of playerbase don't even care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Bolded part is your assumption. My guess is that majority of playerbase don't even care about it.
    well i care.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor