Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoD release date is a major turning point!

15 months in MoP. Already almost 4 months in SoO ... Many already have their epic cloak. Many others will probably use the Christmas break to acquire it.

With no news of a beta soon. D3 comes out in late March. We were told that the expansion would emerge sooner than thought. I have my doubts! I really do not see the day when the expansion is released. I think it will take at least as long as any other expansion. It means, roughly 24 months after MoP release.

With the number of subscriptions that decreases every day ... I know WoD seems really promising! But do you think Wow can really survive this? There is a risk that many people take this time to just move on and leave Wow for good!

I hope that WoD will be REALLY good!

Sorry for my English!
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

20% have their legendary cloak - that is not many to people who know how to count.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    agreed. judging by achievement points and the low count on legendary cloak, many people have much to do before they are out of content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    20% have their legendary cloak - that is not many to people who know how to count.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    It's alot because not everyone playing the game is trying to get it! Many have the quest but not trying at all to complete it. This quest is not the main goal of this expansion for every one.

Do I think 7.7 million people will stop playing the game? No I don't think that, therefore I think wow will survive.

15+ Year Old Account
    They do not start the beta or release the game once a certain % of players have a legendary cloak.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Considering you can do flex raids on the 24th of des I don't think wow is in a bad condition at the moment :P

well the game now has more things to do than what it did in cataclysm meaning that if it is to take 24 months for them to release it they must be betting on that ,other than that i cant see them risking taking that long .

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    It's alot because not everyone playing the game is trying to get it! Many have the quest but not trying at all to complete it. This quest is not the main goal of this expansion for every one.
    Not sure why it's even worth getting since it will be worthless for the new content.

Deleted
    While I'm also expecting WoD to come later than we'd think (making it exactly like MoP), I don't get what the legendary cloak has to do with anything.

people don't realize blizzard is watching the subs every day, not only at Q's end. they are completely fine with taking until August and losing ~1mil subs, as long as there is no trend to lose more.

Oh look this exact same topic again! We sure didn't have enough of this topic on the forum in other threads, that's for sure.

That being said, my opinion remains the same; While Blizzard and WoW will survive this, their numbers will never be as high as they once were again. Unless they announce the beta soon and have a very short beta period, we're looking at the exact same time frame as other expansions and at least 10 months of SoO if it releases in June and not sooner. Seeing as their typical beta runs at least 4 months, unless they announce it by years end or early January, that seems like a fairly accurate guess on release date.

I think WoD will launch with close to 6 million subs. No new content since September and the extreme ease of the content / catching up really makes repeatability almost non existent. I also think that WoD will launch with an extremely hesitant and lukewarm reception, seeing as how the company hasn't have a truly successful expansion since WotLK. WoD seems to be no different either, seeing as how there's an extreme lack of content that they're trying to pass off to players, which is a downright shame considering they boast about having more staff than ever working on WoW. More staff yet an extremely lower amount of content, it makes no sense.

In my opinion, WoD will be the last true expansion that WoW ever releases. Sure, they'll release more expansions, but the level of quality and quantity will be akin to an extremely large patch more so than a true expansion. Hell, WoD already feels that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
    I don't get what the legendary cloak has to do with anything.
    For elites players, I supposed it's somewhat the main goal before "finish" the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard also said a while ago that they will drop another patch prior to 6.0 that will have some content in it. It may not be Progression content.. but beggars cannot be choosers.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, as soon as we have killed garrosh hc i will cancel the subscription untill wod. i really don `t want a 2nd dragon soul ... or raid SoO another 6 months untill summer. =\ I really really liked mop, no doubt - but 5.4 allready didn `t have much to offer.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I always find it interesting people want to rush onto the next expansion. I started playing this game back in Vanilla and played it because of the game... but ended up stayed for the people... not the game. The game was just bonus after meeting some amazing people. I really don't care when the next expansion is released, I will however enjoy it nonetheless when it is though.

~Spazzer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzer View Post
    I always find it interesting people want to rush onto the next expansion. I started playing this game back in Vanilla and played it because of the game... but ended up stayed for the people... not the game. The game was just bonus after meeting some amazing people. I really don't care when the next expansion is released, I will however enjoy it nonetheless when it is though.

~Spazzer
    I'm just asking the question. I am exactly like you, I never canceled my subscription for 9 years. I still play every day and I have a lot of fun. I will always stay no matter when Wod will come out. But I'm still worried when I look at people who leave and complain about the lack of content.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    To be honest, as soon as we have killed garrosh hc i will cancel the subscription untill wod. i really don `t want a 2nd dragon soul ... or raid SoO another 6 months untill summer. =\ I really really liked mop, no doubt - but 5.4 allready didn `t have much to offer.

Smart choice dropped it about 1 month ago after downing garrosh norm 25 man. I might have stuck around for heroic progression - but it's hardly what I would call progression with my guild lol, and I completely agree - nothing will make you hate WoW (when you like raiding best) then sticking around for like 8 months with nothing to do.

Deleted
    Trust Blizzard as a company.

By creating and maintaining a game like WoW for 9 years they've shown their cunning as game designers, keeping the game interesting for years to many people.
    With a game like WoW they've created a trendsetter, they don't have to release WoD at the end of a quarter because it's usually the best for most games financially. They can release it whenever the fuck they want; no other MMO and/or RPG will top them in sales.

And if it turns out to be released 2-4 weeks later than expected, just unsub for a while?
    No one is forcing you to keep running the content they released 6-8 months ago. I'm sure you can wait a couple of weeks for a more polished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    Not sure why it's even worth getting since it will be worthless for the new content.
    I don't think so.

The rewards have been useful for quite a while, first with the legendary metagem, and now the cloak. I've been getting a lot of mileage out of it during daily quests and timeless isle farm (Dat Proc. Much AoE ensues) and it will be priceless during leveling on the next expansion. Plus its ilvl is so disproportionately larger than every other piece of loot, chances are you'll keep that cloak all the way to lvl 100 and will only replace it with pre-raiding gear.

Until then, that's a hell of a lot of mileage to get out of them. My GM kept her legendary daggers from cata all the way up to 90 because the proc far more than compensated for the slight stat drop, and only replaced them with epic daggers from MSV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ogawdspider View Post
    Blizzard also said a while ago that they will drop another patch prior to 6.0 that will have some content in it. It may not be Progression content.. but beggars cannot be choosers.
    Actually no, they went back on that statement, saying that any time developing any 5.5 or whatever patch is time they have to take away from working on WoD, thus, to ensure the expansion is here as soon as possible, they're not working anymore on any more patches for MoP.

Sadly this also means my orgrimmar will remain looking like shit for another half year at best =(

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)