Thread: Damage question

Deleted

Damage question

Ok so i was finally convinced to play LoL(by my friends). Even though i tried it(like 1 year ago) i don't know many things about the game(like all the heroes and items). So while i was playing i noticed that the damage dealt by heroes is very low?!(for those wondering my main game, arts, moba or whatever, is Dota2) Like i was playing a fizz mid, the enemy got like 15% hp so i thought "hey i'll just use my ulti to kill him" so i used and BAM.......... still alive?! The ulti took like a quarter from what he already had. Is it a bug? Or is the damage that low?(it's an ulti after all the dmg should be higher IMO).

If the dmg is that low(maybe it was the hero underpowered or something) what heroes(or roles) deals huge chunks of dmg in a short time?(preferably once they get their ulti's)

You most likely ended up building something else than ability power on fizz. Basicly heroes mostly scale from either attack damage or ability power. Attack damage increases the damage from basic attacks + skills that have attack damage scaling. Ability power increases damage from skills mostly

Basicly

AP: Mage, like outworld destroyer
    AD: Like Drow or something.

Deleted
    Nah im sure the build was full AP(rabadon, lich bane etc)

Damage in League is not low at all, in my opinion. I actually think it's too high in some cases. If you aren't playing a tank, you can be blown up instantly if you don't position correctly.

Fizz's ultimate does quite a huge chunk of burst with a decent amount of AP, and it also has a knock up component. If your ultimate was only rank 1 with a small amount of AP, then you have your explanation.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Or if the other guy had banshee's veil shield, and the 1/4 health damage came from your dot or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Or if the other guy had banshee's veil shield, and the 1/4 health damage came from your dot or something.
    This also. If the person you went after was building MR, that would obviously negate a good portion of your damage.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

Deleted
    nah he was level 6(just like me)

10+ Year Old Account
    Dota 2's items are more active based, LoL's are more stat based. On an assassin like Fizz, you need items and levels to really start murdering people. He is not a champ with a lot of early damage, so at level 6 you will not be chunking people with your ult. AP and AD Carries all have lower early damage, while tanks and bruisers have very high early damage. If you want to kill people, your certainly playing the right role and champion, but you need to hit mid-late game for Fizz to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    You most likely ended up building something else than ability power on fizz...
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    Nah im sure the build was full AP(rabadon, lich bane etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    nah he was level 6(just like me)
    get your story straight, bro

If you don't have any ability power, then your abilities won't do any damage. I assume you also exaggerated how low your opponent's HP was. This explains it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

maybe you were vsing lvl 30s with full mastery/runes and you are still low level??

im only assuming since you stated you recently start lol from dota
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    I wonder how you could have lich bane and rabadon at level 6.

If you want to burst people quickly, try LeBlanc. I think that she still can 100-0 a squishy mid with her QRWE combo. If you level you Q.