Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question What if it is all a Dream?

Do you suppose it is possible that everything we are doing, we are doing while being trapped in the Emerald Nightmare and some future expac will wake us up (almost like the Matrix) and we will find out we never really did any of it and now the real threat awaits?

Would be a perfect way to take a level 100 character and squish them into a new expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Do you suppose it is possible that everything we are doing, we are doing while being trapped in the Emerald Nightmare and some future expac will wake us up (almost like the Matrix) and we will find out we never really did any of it and now the real threat awaits?

Would be a perfect way to take a level 100 character and squish them into a new expansion
    Sounds pretty bland to me.

Deleted

Do you mean us, or our characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    But then, wouldn't we all be druids?
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

There are quite few situations where every was just a dream solution doesn't suck. Sadly, WoW is not one of them.

No. I do think we're ghosts though.

We find ourselves repeating the same actions daily and weekly. We "die" and merely return to the place where the spirit world is closest to the living world. We are even brought back by "spirit healers" not "meat healers". Everyone in the world seems to forget the actions we've taken. We often experience entire battles that we later discover were fought by someone else.

Or worst, we're avatars in an MMORPG!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet I get to roleplay one of my favorite quotes in game then!

I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted

Emerald Nightmare is like Emerald Dream but darker. I really don't feel a Felwood vibe everywhere I go. :O

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    Sounds pretty bland to me.
    Almost as bland as having none of Warcraft I and II matter with WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, good luck defending against a lawsuit

I will answer this question realistic because its much more interesting.

If perception=dream. Then yes. Although human consciousness can be aware of the dream.

LFR is certainly a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    No. I do think we're ghosts though.

We find ourselves repeating the same actions daily and weekly. We "die" and merely return to the place where the spirit world is closest to the living world. We are even brought back by "spirit healers" not "meat healers". Everyone in the world seems to forget the actions we've taken. We often experience entire battles that we later discover were fought by someone else.
    I'd rather WarCraft heroes get lore-kills on villains like Deathwing rather than "He was slain in battle by Ownsusohard the undead rogue and 24 other misfits that died 33 times before his demise.

No, just no. Many people would be bitching about how they did nothing, even I would be kinda mad.

Deleted
    It wouldn't even matter. Who cares about the chosen possibility? It's there so why should everything else not be there? Nothing changes.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    A dream within a dream, while dreaming a dream while dreaming that dream?

~Spazzer

15+ Year Old Account
    god i hope i wake up and it's 1.09 before the gates are open.

Deleted
    This would never happen. If it did, then everyone would still have their achievments to brag about the past :P/

Deleted
    That's just... Terrible. Sorry there is no constructive reasoning, but I'm sure many would agree with me that the it was all a dream crap is the laziest and most uninspired nonsense that can ever be shoehorned into a story.

From what I understand though the Emerald Nightmare was created to weaken the Green Dragonflight so Ysera (and the other aspects with here own problems: Nexus Wars, Murozond stuff, Ruby Sanctum going boom in the Thrall book) would have to sacrifice her powers to defeat Deathwing. Thus there are no more guardians standing in the Old Gods way when there plans come to fruition. It's not likely that the Old Gods see us (heroes/adventurers) as a threat at all, being immortal and transcending physical death and all; see C'thun.
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2013-12-24 at 10:20 PM.