Glyph/Ability Ideas

I didn't actually find a thread for this, or even a generic WoD thread so I went ahead and made a new one.

With the release of Timeless Isle and thus the Glyph of Skeleton, I couldn't help but wonder what other cool glyphs we could come up with...

So here goes:

Glyph of Unholy Servitude

Your Raise Dead spell now works on enemy corpses, changing your summoned pet from a ghoul to an enemy. Does not work on mechanical units or elementals.

What this would mean is that instead of raising a ghoul, the DK could raise:
    a) humanoid
    b) beast
    c) enemy players

Of course, this would be a purely cosmetic change, and for the players they would simply be the skeleton wearing a few pieces of armor that the fallen player wore as well as wield their weapon. Since they got rid of the need for corpse dust, I feel like this can add a little bit more flavor back into the spell.

Your turn -

What glyphs or abilities do you want to see in WoD?

I want some more variation not just on our glyphs but our talents.

We don't have anything that switches up what we do in our specs without it being clunky (Look at you PL).
    You idea for a minor is pretty cool enough. Regenerative Magics and Long Horn were a move in the right direction this patch but I want to see this further expanded upon with whatever new abilities that we are looking to get this xpac.

Few quick ideas, without balancing in mind for glyph ideas -

Howling Blast - Also applies Blood Plague to targets hit.
    Frozen Ground - Defile and Death and Decay now deal frost damage.
    Empowered Minion(Unholy) - Your ghoul is now in a permanent state of empowerment. Total damage of the ghoul is reduced by X.
    Sacrificed Strength(Frost) - You reduce your total damage by X to summon a permanent frozen apparition. This apparition will mirror both your Disease inflicting abilities and your Obliterate or your Frost Strike based on currently equipped weapons. These mirrored abilities will trigger passives such as Rune Regen and Rime.
    Gathering Runes - Every X Rune Strikes, Death Coils and Frost strikes build towards additional resources based on your Rune Regen choice. 4 Stacks for BT, 2 Runes for RE and double the effect of RC.

Tbh though I would like to see some of these just incorporated as talents as replacements for the shoddy T1 (that needs to be build into each respective spec) or t5 (Which should of stayed baseline for each original spec).

I would love a glyph that lets us use Death Grip on a boss to pull ourselves to the target. This would solve lots of mobility issues, but not all of them.

Cosmetic Glyph

Chains of the Grave - Your Death Grip now shoots out chains instead of weird purple light.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarySecret View Post
    I would love a glyph that lets us use Death Grip on a boss to pull ourselves to the target. This would solve lots of mobility issues, but not all of them.
    This idea has been brought up many times, and is one that's so good that it will become mandatory.

And then will be removed or integrated into our gameplay (we charge 'immune' mobs, and regular DG regular mobs.)

So bosses we get charge, and trash we get grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    This idea has been brought up many times, and is one that's so good that it will become mandatory.

And then will be removed or integrated into our gameplay (we charge 'immune' mobs, and regular DG regular mobs.)

So bosses we get charge, and trash we get grip.
    There is a talent right now that resets the CD of death grip if it fails. what if instead when DG fails we gain a 50% movement buff for 3 seconds. It would still be mandatory for PVP, and probably one of the top choices for PVE, but it wouldn't be nearly as overpowered as turning death grip into a charge.

Also I like the idea mentioned earlier about Howling Blast applying blood plague. I think that should be worked into rolling blood so the talent becomes "Your blood boil now causes the pestilence effect, and your howling blast now also applies blood plague to the primary target"
    Last edited by Storm301; 2013-12-26 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarySecret View Post
    Had this on my mind for ages, would love this so much.

I've posted these 1k times but i do it again (a little changed)

All
    - New rune: Rune of Black Ice: Increases all frost and shadow damage by 10% passively, and makes your auto-attack deal 10% shadow damage (like old Necrosis)
    - Asphyxiate removed, Magic SUpression takes it's place:
    Magic Suppression
    1min CD
    Placeable aoe silence, silencing enemies within 10 yards of the targeted area for 3 sec. Does not replace Strangulate

- Anti-magic zone moved, Shadow of Death takes it's place:
    Shadow of Death
    whenever you die, you return to keep fighting as a Ghoul for 25 sec.

- Remorseless Winter Removed, Anti-Magic Zone takes it's place

Frost
    - Obliterate damage increased from 250% to 300%
    - Frost Strike damage increased from 115% to 175%
    - Rime now increases Frost damage of your next Howling Blast or Icy Touch by 30%.
    - Razorice (runeforge) is no longer a runeforge, but now a passive skill for Frost, it is applied when using Obliterate or Frost Strike, stacking up to 3 times (5/10/15%), no longer deals frost damage from auto-attacks
    - Blood of the North, now removes the cost of Blood Strike and increases it's damage by 100%, new gap-filler.
    - Threat of thassarian no longer increases Frost Strike damage, but now lets all attacks hit with both weapons only.
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes no longer increases Obliterate , but now increases all melee damage by 15%.
    - New skill: Deathchill
    45 sec CD
    Empowers your next skill:
    Frost Strike freezes the target (deep freeze'ish) for 3 sec
    Howling Blast deals primary target damage to all enemies around and also infects them with blood plague disease
    Icy Touch (if glyphed) becomes a placeable aoe skill, dispelling 2 beneficial from all enemies within 10 yards
    Chains of Ice affects 3 nearby enemies
    Death Strike costs no runes and heals you for 20% of your maximum health.

- Hungering Cold brought back for Frost
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-12-28 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    - New rune: Rune of Black Ice: Increases all frost and shadow damage by 10% passively, and makes your auto-attack deal 10% shadow damage (like old Necrosis)
    That would be a mandatory glyph for Frost an Unholy, and blizzard doesn't like mandatory glyphs

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    - Anti-magic zone moved, Shadow of Death takes it's place:
    Shadow of Death
    whenever you die, you return to keep fighting as a Ghoul for 25 sec.
    This is a really cool idea, it would be like a dps version of Spirit of Redemption, but it would cause problems in arena's because what happens when you kill the DK, then the DK kills you while a ghoul, then the DK drops dead. do you give the win to the DK for killing you while the ghoul was still up, or do you call it a tie? either way there would be a QQ storm.

I've posted some of these before, but here's what I'd like to see on the cosmetic end of things.

Minor Glyphs

Glyph of the Lesser Lich
    Causes your Raise Dead spell to summon a Lesser Lich. (Has all the same abilities as the ghoul, but is the same size as a ghoul, not huge like normal Liches.)

Glyph of Son of Patchwerk
    Causes your Raise Dead spell to summon a Patchwerk abomination.

Glyph of Undeath
    When you die, you can use your Raise Ally spell to bring yourself back as a ghoul/geist/skeleton (default will be ghoul, but it will change if you are using a glyph to change the appearance of your Riase Dead ghoul) for 5 minutes. The cooldown of Raise Ally is reduced to 5 minutes after activating this ability, however it can only be used once while dead. Does not function in arena, and will prevent you from benefiting from being resurrected in combat for the duration.

Glyph of the Unholy Mirror **
    When Dark Simulacrum successfully copies a spell, your appearance changes into an undead version of the target until you use the ability or the time alotted to use the ability fades. Only functions if the target is Humanoid.

Glyph of Necromancy
    Your Raise Dead spell now summons two ghouls instead of one and your Army of the Dead spell raises twice as many ghouls and cast twice as fast, but the damage each ghoul does is reduced by 50%. (For Unholy, both ghouls are affected by Dark Transformation, stays balanced because both ghouls together still do the same damage as one ghoul.)

Major Glyph

Glyph of Dark Spell Steal **
    Causes your Dark Simulacrum ability to now copy a spell from your target, the spell will have a 20 second cooldown and be usable for five minutes. Does not function against players.

** When Glyph of Dark Spell Steal and Glyph of the Unholy Mirror are used in conjunction, you will take on the appearance of the target only when the ability is not on cooldown.

Death Leap / Grip Leap
    Minor Glyph

When using your Death Grip on an immune target (aka Boss), the effect is reversed and you are leaped to this target.

This glyph would make me love my DK 100x more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jangkun View Post
    Death Leap / Grip Leap
    Minor Glyph

When using your Death Grip on an immune target (aka Boss), the effect is reversed and you are leaped to this target.

This glyph would make me love my DK 100x more!!!
    That would look stupid, rather:

Glyph of dark transportation
    When you use death grip on a target that is immune, you teleport to the target instead

They will never give a tank a teleport like this and wouldn't make any sense . Why that would look stupid? It would look like warrior leap but with a dark link between dk and his target

They will never give a tank a teleport like this and wouldn't make any sense . Why that would look stupid? It would look like warrior leap but with a dark link between dk and his target
    Ever played Guilty Gear?

Think Testament's telaport -> Turn into poison/shadow energy, sink into the ground, come up where you teleport to.

Would look pretty awesome.

I hate to say this because I personally would like to play a character with a "Leap" or even better "Leap + Strike" ability on a relatively short cooldown (Force Leap from SWTOR). But, I don't think a Leap or Teleport ability really fits the Death Knight class. I could see Paladin's getting that ability (Fordring shattering Frostmourne). But not so much DKs.

I think we could use a slight buff to Death's Advance. Maybe they should make DA baseline? It definitely shouldn't be in the same tier as Chilblains and Asphyxiate.
    We already have a ton of ranged capabilities. Maybe they could improve those slightly? A lower cost for Death Coil is one thing.
    If we are talking from a PvP perspective, the Devs are supposedly going to trim back on CC capabilities. Maybe big changes across the board would benefit Death Knights.

Not really a fan of the Death Knight atm. Class could use a lot of work imo.

Especially Frost and Unholy.

Two minor glyph ideas -

Glyph of Chorus Line - your Army of the Dead joins arms and does line kicks behind you when you /dance.

Glyph of the Mosh Pit - teaches you the ability [Crowd Surf]. Activating [Crowd Surf] gathers your active Army of the Dead minions beneath you and allows them to toss you into the air. Resulting trajectory and velocity of the Death Knight are unpredictable.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    well i would like to see a DK only, "warlock style gateway". we allready use a gateway to get to the DK starting zone, it really isnt out of question to let dk have some kind of teleport ability.
    lvling through wrath, can't even count how many times the lich king teleported during quest lines.

I'd like a minor glyph to make my weapon look like frostmourne !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    even just during pillar of frost would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    Not really a fan of the Death Knight atm. Class could use a lot of work imo.

Especially Frost and Unholy.
    it's not that bad. still fun to play