Poll: Do you want racial specific transmog items?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    They need to get Samwise to design more armour.
    Maybe for Horde, but for gods sake keep him away from Alliance, Last thing I need is another 99% gold Paladin set like in Vanilla (though he probably didn't model it himself, he made the concept art for the set that became the Grand Marshal pvp)

It looked good on paper as a sketch, but they executed that poorly in game, plus he tends to be a bit bland deliberately for Alliance themed things.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love more faction and race only transmog options.

Deleted
    I suppose for races which were never 'on' Draenor, Goblins (?) and Pandaren, it might prove more of a problem lorewise but it'd be cool

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Maybe for Horde, but for gods sake keep him away from Alliance, Last thing I need is another 99% gold Paladin set like in Vanilla (though he probably didn't model it himself, he made the concept art for the set that became the Grand Marshal pvp)

-snip-

It looked good on paper as a sketch, but they executed that poorly in game, plus he tends to be a bit bland deliberately for Alliance themed things.
    That's the design team being shit heads and limitations of the time, the warrior version looks much better, actually has the silver plates and blue cloth.

He was the mind behind Tier 2 which is still seen as SOME (sorry hunters) of the most iconic tier armour to date.

What utter bullshit.
    Your membership card has been revoked.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    So, my question is: Will we finally get some of THESE as transmoggable sets?
    Also, do you want it to happen?
    I'd love to see them, just don't think we will any time soon. Their art team is their most taxed team this expansion and seems to already be spread pretty thin. I can't imagine that racial specific armor is really anywhere even remotely close to the top of the list.

Do I want it? Yes.
    Will we get it? No.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    What utter bullshit.
    Your membership card has been revoked.
    That's fine, imaginary land memberships weren't my thing anyways :P

I like his work, but I've Seen some of his Alliance stuff, most of it is just him trying to mock them in some passive way.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    IDk....everyone would look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    At first I thought you did. Then I wondered: How many people would actually go on a long transmog quest for racial starter gear /NPC gear and would it justify putting a design team on full armour for 11 races and 2 sexes of each race?
    What if I say that I created an orc shaman as I put my eyes on the Dark Shamans gear? I definitely would do the same for a Spellbreaker gear, or even another appealing "race/class combo" gear.

I mean, if they waste time on the crap that we use to see nowadays. Warrior's T16? More lilke a human flashlight... Paladin's CM Gear? A Templar Protoss and a Power Ranger married and had a child? Warlock's T16? Some kind of insect maybe? I still didn't get it... And I could write a wall text about the other failures of current designs.

My point is, they CAN do better. If so, why not? Spellbreakers, Shadow Hunters, Shields of Velen... The lore give us an infinite number of ways to see our own characters, and designers gives us the same "shoulders, helmet and belt with the same giand head (boring!), and with more lights than the Eiffel Tower. That's why most people just use T4/5/6 (Warlocks will get it).

There's no excuse. We deserve more options of transmoggings, specially racial specific!

15+ Year Old Account
    I like his work, but I've Seen some of his Alliance stuff, most of it is just him trying to mock them in some passive way.
    I just went through his artwork on his Sons of the Storm page and not seeing the mocking nature you mean, he definitely has a preference for the Horde (Which is no secret) but that's about it.
    Last edited by Hattai; 2014-01-01 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    I get the topic, you are a Blood Elf player that wants Blood Elf themed gear, you have it. You're just not happy because its not the exact set of gear you want.
    I...uh....er...em... I don't even...eh....*sigh*

Since when do you decide what I am or what I am happy with ? Holy fcking shit man. *sigh*
    Get outta my thread and never come back. Pointless, useless and ignorant posts like that are NOT welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    IDk....everyone would look the same.
    Except not. Sorry mate.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would love to get the belf NPC guards mog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aus Nate View Post
    I personally would love to get the belf NPC guards mog.
    Same, assuming it would look decent on the actual models instead of the recoloured night elf ones the guards have.

It'd be totally awesome and I hope it winds up going live. Sounds like a "maybe" at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Once again, people need to learn how to create polls. Now you're asking us if its likely to happen, in which case the answer is no, However i'm pretty sure you meant to ask do we WANT it to happen, in which case the reply is yes.

I would rather find transmog gear through archeology. Finding old elven orcish armors...and would work for other categories also...like finding chitin armor from nerubs or bone armor from fossils and so on...tol'vir armors would be lovely.

A lot of the models already exist, so not much modeling work required. It would be nice if they added it to vendors with race requirements on the items.

As a tauren, I really want some totem poles. Plenty of tauren NPCs use various totemic gear, but none of it is available to players.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the orcs racial armor ? Because im pretty sure for example shadow councill warlock don't goin to wear blademaster cloth or frostwolves shaman gear etc..

Quote Originally Posted by kennytheone View Post
    I would rather find transmog gear through archeology. Finding old elven orcish armors...and would work for other categories also...like finding chitin armor from nerubs or bone armor from fossils and so on...tol'vir armors would be lovely.
    God that would be awesome, it would get me to get off my ass and level archaeology finally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    So what's the orcs racial armor ? Because im pretty sure for example shadow councill warlock don't goin to wear blademaster cloth or frostwolves shaman gear etc..
    Blademaster sashimono, yeah.

But you can't expect a perfect balance for every single little class equally in something like this. You take what you have established in Warcraft 3 and try to work with it. Those giant prayer beads the blademasters use now apply to shamans with Thrall and his Fisher King/Pilgrim look.
    Our vocal community needs to stop acting like it's unfair for one class or race to get something over another, you're allowed to play everything in this game, balance should be about keeping people from only playing one race or class because of in game advantages, not subtle aesthetic lore.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fine, imaginary land memberships weren't my thing anyways :P

NO, just fucking no.

Rant alert!

Rant alert!

You're projecting your own bullshit here and it's just unbelievably insulting, though he doesn't need me to defend him I respect that dude a lot. Samwise likes to play up the faction rivalry, but he LOVES all the races in this game he practically created visually and you are just biased not to see the passion and flavor he pours into his Alliance art. This is so slippery and subjective there's no point in even trying to debate this, you are wrong to deride him like that because he what? He yells cheesy inciteful cheers at crowd gatherings and talks like an uncouth buttrocker from another decade? That's the straw man I'll go with here, along with a theory of psychological projection.

It's disgusting that this mind set even exists and has gained such traction in this community's vocal branches, and it's more than likely nothing but you projecting your own irrational faction bias on someone else, at least hopefully that's your problem.

But this just goes too fucking far. These are real people with actual passion for their jobs and you are shitting all over that and their dignity as creators and artists when you pigeon hole them into these 2 dimensional petty little boxes where they literally share the petty ridiculous little rivalries subsets of this community thrive on. You have no freaking clue what you're talking about, and it's just vulgar.

There is no passive aggressive mockery. Look at his entire fucking gallery.

http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/galler...artist=samwise

I suppose the recent facebook posts he made about in all seriousness, faction fun aside, he loves drawing purple elves as much as anything else, but I'm sure you're just going to say he was lying to make himself seem less biased for the PR department or something.

This stupid shit makes me lose my composure, but you need to stop looking at this as anything but friendly ribbing amongst fictional rivalries.

The Alliance sets he designed are BELOVED. What you complain about as being too golden was some of and still is my all time favorite gear in the game.

I don't care how biased you think I am or how apathetic you are to my objection, but I'd just like to say it's a sad thing what people like you have done to this community over something that was born out of a spirit of good natured fun. It's no wonder people get killed at football games over stupid things like T-shirts, the human love for tribalism is so insane we create virtual rivalries, replete with virtual bigotry, virtual xenophobia, and virtual racism. Now virtual complaining over virtual political correctness,... it's stomach turning and warrants every one of Satan's dirty expletives I've used here in expressing my ire.

Sorry if this means we can't be friends. Really, just please,... reconsider, clear your mind of bias, look at these people as more than
    2 dimensional cardboard cutouts.

A toast, to Samwise, and to the Last Dwarf!
    http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/lastdwarf.html

[/URL]
    [/URL]
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-03 at 05:35 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW