Poll: Do you want racial specific transmog items?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will we finally get transmoggable racial specific armor and weapons?

Could you imagine some NPC armors being upgraded to keep up with the new models? Some are terribly outdated and yet reused
    yes,would love to update a LOT of older armor,race specific armor to replace level up stuff has been discussed. It's give and take

I loved seeing racial armor in the Draenei and Blood Elf starting area. In Cataclysm I expected to see it for all
    yeh, we're all pretty fired up about the vision of racial specific armor
    So, my question is: Will we finally get some of THESE as transmoggable sets?
    Also, do you want it to happen?
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2013-12-25 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    I would love to see something like this implemented.

Would be very appreciated on RP realms I believe.

Deleted
    maybe via blizzstore you can BUY 'traditional gear pack'

I jinxed it, didn't I?

Deleted
    I would love for this to be implemented, having an Orc warrior set similar to what Grom is wearing would be my must have transmog gear

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    At first I thought you did. Then I wondered: How many people would actually go on a long transmog quest for racial starter gear /NPC gear and would it justify putting a design team on full armour for 11 races and 2 sexes of each race?
    I wouldn't and no probably not.

I do feel the need to point out that Sunwell gear is essentially BE racial gear, but the other races could certainly use some love.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

At first I thought you did. Then I wondered: How many people would actually go on a long transmog quest for racial starter gear /NPC gear and would it justify putting a design team on full armour for 11 races and 2 sexes of each race?
    While I'd prefer it to be some epic questline, I wouldn't mind being given it for free. Putting it on store is madness and absolutely unacceptable. But really, nobody said it has to be a questline. The starting gear for Blood Elves is already in the game, sitting there in Eversong Woods for total 10 silver, it's just that it lacks shoulder pieces ( since you can hide helm anyway, though would be nice to have one ) and can't be transmogged.

I'd rather they put a little more effort into tier gear as they use to.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I do feel the need to point out that Sunwell gear is essentially BE racial gear, but the other races could certainly use some love.
    It is different. It is indeed Blood Elf themed gear, but it's not as good in quality and detail and also not the same colourschemes as the blood elves on the TBC artwork. Also, I want the blood elf starting gear as transmoggable items. I won't mind any of the races getting racial specific gear, but of all I want BE the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    It is different. It is indeed Blood Elf themed gear, but it's not as good in quality and detail and also not the same colourschemes as the blood elves on the TBC artwork. Also, I want the blood elf starting gear as transmoggable items. I won't mind any of the races getting racial specific gear, but of all I want BE the most.
    You're not going to get armor as good as any decent artwork as long as we're stilling playing World of Warcraft 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'd rather they put a little more effort into tier gear as they use to.
    Most racial gear is already in the game. Also, whether the "effort" is put into tier sets or racial specific gear it doesn't matter as long as you get some new shiny set to wear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You're not going to get armor as good as any decent artwork as long as we're stilling playing World of Warcraft 1.
    The name is irrelevant. Even if they made "WoW 2" ( which is BS anyway ) that wouldn't change the tech they use, nor the artists. Also, the art in WoW has had a massive improvement in the past expansions. It's no longer that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    The old mage non-set cloth is BE red/yellow/green, in fact, OP linked an artwork wearing the very set. That aside, low-level gear =/= high level gear and you're probably more likely to see Sunwellesque items than you are Eversong Woods, especially since when Sunwell was on the PTR, someone at blizz said that they felt that the Sunwell drops were the "natural evolution" of the starting gear.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    "Effort" is such a subjective term. As they used to? Not a big fan of Paladin T5 or most of the T9 TBH
    I think he means effort in armor similar to T2, which is regarded as one of the most favorable armor tiers for all classes aesthetic wise.

My god, I can't imagine how they could top Paladin or Rogue T2, but I really fucking want to see it happen.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The old mage non-set cloth is BE red/yellow/green, in fact, OP linked an artwork wearing the very set. That aside, low-level gear =/= high level gear and you're probably more likely to see Sunwellesque items than you are Eversong Woods, especially since when Sunwell was on the PTR, someone at blizz said that they felt that the Sunwell drops were the "natural evolution" of the starting gear.
    I am the OP, myself.

While it is considered the same set, aside from the shoulders it has nothing in common. There are no BE red/golden patterns like the ones from the artwork.

Also, we arent discussing item levels here. The armor doesnt need to be clustered with thousands of unecessary ornaments to look good and to be on par with high-end raiding gear.

Also, you missed the Blizz statements.

15+ Year Old Account
    We will get it, I have no doubt. But it probably won't be in 6.0 if we even get it in WoD at all. I would love it, especially if they had variety. Like orcs have grunt armor and Kor'kron Elite armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how will it work? A single item called "Racial armor pack" that morphs into a set based on the race that opens the pack, similar to Timeless Isle caches, or individual armor sets that are locked to only a specific race?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe after we get Blood Elves that actually look like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I should've waited to vote after reading Blizzard's option on the matter

Anyways, after reading that yes I do think its coming. That sounds like one of their "hints" where someone inadvertently guessed a feature and they can't announce it.

- - - Updated - - -

If this question was asked for every addition, we'd have nearly no game.

Not to mention they occasionally design unique armor that we never get to wear, like the Mogu armor and the shado pan shoulders and alternate helm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elves can just go to Sunwell Plateau if theyre desperate. Everything in there matches their aesthetic.

I was expecting this for Cataclysm when they redid our starting areas. When I asked Robinson about it, his answer delighted me.

They really should have this gear for each race's starting zone in Cataclysm, but any time is as good as any.

The Draenei get it, the Blood Elves get it, the Goblins get it, the Worgen get it, and the Pandaren gear is just absolutely amazing.
    Just a few examples, but each class pretty much got their own custom racial starting gear after Vanilla. And almost none of it is able to be transmogged.
    The Draenei mail armor is available as Darkmoon greens for instance. Several robes, leather sets, staves, shields, robes, and mail armor and the Vindicator tabard. But most of the endgame armor in TBC was either Blood Elf or Draenei design aesthetic wise, so many wonderful things to run old raids for to mog with. But the Vanilla races need that love too now.

Step 1, Blizzard needs to make all this grey quality starting gear MOGGABLE, which takes going in and manually sorting it through because of the whole
    grey item ban due to people wanting to mog ridiculous crap that ruins the feeling of the lore, like fish swords.
    Those Pandaren weapons, sai, swords, etc. *drool*

The worgen starting clothes are higher resolution than most of the gear up to level 80. I love mixing it up with all kinds of higher level gear for RP sets, but it's useless for mogging.
    The Worgen have some truly gorgeous hand painted textures and crisp resolution textures with their moody colors and neat little custom modeled weapons.

I can just imagine kilts and armor decorated in silver crescent moons and stars for the Night Elves. Finally some low level mundane every day warglaives
    too out of all these warglaive models just gathering dust. Maybe even some warden armor or warden glaives.

They had some awesome ideas with the Argent Tournament daily rewards for racial armor, I love it all and it's a huge highlight of hitting level 85 with an alt to treat you alt to it's racial items up in Northrend, like these Night Elf one handed axes.

Imagine looking like this with your Tauren.

If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW