Thread: New Laptop.

New Laptop.

Heyo.

I'm looking for a decent laptop that will be able to run wow (any setting on 25m) with a budget of around $1000 aud. The main purpose will be for school but I want something that is capable of handling wow when I'm away from home or too lazy to bring my desktop.

At the moment I am looking at http://www.tecs.com.au/shop/msi-cx70...t-2gb-gfx.html and was just looking for any feedback or suggestions on similar/better laptops.

10+ Year Old Account
    You say "Any Setting" which is kind of vague. Is Low and option? Is Ultra or High needed? I don't think you'll get a laptop in Aus for $1000 that'll run 25m raids on Ultra.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    You say "Any Setting" which is kind of vague. Is Low and option? Is Ultra or High needed? I don't think you'll get a laptop in Aus for $1000 that'll run 25m raids on Ultra.
    Any settings meaning it can be anything from low all the way up to ultra (unlikely as you said). Since it's for school and traveling and won't be used much for gaming I wouldn't care if it was playing on low settings, as long as it runs smoothly in 25m.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dn't have any other suggestions really, just because I don't know what's available, but that ought to run 25m on medium settings with good framerate I imagine.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab