Deleted

Hackers selling low drop rate mounts ?

I've been seeing this ad in the trade chat. Some guy was selling bop mounts that have a very low drop rate (ex: drake from Stonecore, Time-lost Proto Drake etc) while mentioning they will have a 100% drop rate chance if you go with them. How the hell can they do that ? I'm aware they duplicate some items but how do they force the game to give them something with a 100% success rate when the game is programmed to have a 1% chance ?

I asume it's not some "give me your money 1st" type of scam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    I've been seeing this ad in the trade chat. Some guy was selling bop mounts that have a very low drop rate (ex: drake from Stonecore, Time-lost Proto Drake etc) while mentioning they will have a 100% drop rate chance if you go with them. How the hell can they do that ? I'm aware they duplicate some items but how do they force the game to give them something with a 100% success rate when the game is programmed to have a 1% chance ?

I asume it's not some "give me your money 1st" type of scam.
    Did they change how Time-Lost Proto Drake drops? When i got it it was a rare spawn in storm peaks that dropped itself.

Maybe you are inferring that the mounts are dropping randomly, but i know for a fact that the mounts themselves are actually rare npcs that have a 1% spawn chance, with a 100% chance to drop the mount if you kill them. Not the other way around.

In fact the timelost drake shared the spawn timer of another rare dragon in storm peaks, which meant it was extremely rare.

Maybe these sellers are working with a small cadre to kill off potential poachers while they look for customers? But even I have doubts of that being feasible.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

For outdoor mobs they are exploiting Cross-realm feature, which isn't too hard (time-lost), for instance mounts im not sure as there is a hour lock, eventually they found some way to get around it, because then they can just enter instance > teleport > kill > loot > teleport back to entrance go out, back in and do the same thing over and over, this makes each run take like 30-60seconds. There may also be bugs which dont even lock you to the Instance so that the teleporting will easily give you one mount or more in one hour or less. Then there was also a trade dupe which who knows, they may have found another.

They cant force a 100% success drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Did they change how Time-Lost Proto Drake drops? When i got it it was a rare spawn in storm peaks that dropped itself.

Maybe you are inferring that the mounts are dropping randomly, but i know for a fact that the mounts themselves are actually rare npcs that have a 1% spawn chance, with a 100% chance to drop the mount if you kill them. Not the other way around.

In fact the timelost drake shared the spawn timer of another rare dragon in storm peaks, which meant it was extremely rare.

Maybe these sellers are working with a small cadre to kill off potential poachers while they look for customers? But even I have doubts of that being feasible.
    TLPD i can understand people selling and get 100% kill rate.. But ive seen this too and the drakes from instances which are 1% drop. They are a 1% drop and im perplexed as how they are getting 100% on it
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Deleted
    Yeah, not timelost one but several mounts that have a 1% drop inside dungeons.

Deleted
    Probably just duped/hacked items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which mounts are they claiming to sell? There's a drake OUTSIDE Stonecore (aeonerus or something) that is similar to Time Lost, 100% drop rate of the mount on a rare spawning mob.

I tend to ignore adverts, and I guess badboy addon catches a lot too so I don't know what they claim to sell.

I remember a while back there were a lot of items that became bound accidentally and silly GMs would unbind them and people would sell them off. But IDK if that is still happening I highly doubt it.

I am sure there is something happening that is against the ToS... or maybe they are just super bored players who farm 24/7 on multiple accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember waaaaay back in the day people would reenter Black Temple over and over again while running a mod (Atlas Loot?) that queried the server for specific items. If it was on the loot table of Illidan, they got a response. If not, no response. They would keep resetting the instance until they got a response, and then would kill the first boss. That had to be done right after realm resets, if I recall correctly.

So maybe something along those lines?

Deleted
    are you sure they sell the drake? perhaps they sell the "run"^^ 1000g for the stonecore drake.... (small printed: when it drops its yours)

It's called a scam....it isn't anything new in online games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by axiom View Post
    are you sure they sell the drake? perhaps they sell the "run"^^ 1000g for the stonecore drake.... (small printed: when it drops its yours)
    90s can solo stonecore. :O

Only believable way I can think of is the seller having the reigns (not learnt) in their bags and moving that character to the buyers account for them to learn the mount and make it account bound? I've never seen the "100% drop" quote in trade before so i'm new to that one.

Deleted
    I'll take a screenshot when I can.

Deleted
    I actually whispered one and asked one before sicne it seemed to obvious of a scam to bother spamming 24/7 that surely no one with enough gold to afford it would likely fall for it on a likely basis.

He said something like this in his broken english:

They swap realms with you onto one where the mob is up, they tag, you pay, you win roll. Don't pay? Get a swift group kick.

Apparently they only advertise when they have found a realm with it up.

No idea whether any of this is true. I would never buy this, chances of a scam are incredibly high.
    Last edited by mmocb8e496b512; 2013-12-26 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laventhia View Post
    Apparently they only advertise when they have found a realm with it up.
    the awkward thing is time-lost only hangs around for roughly 10-15minutes before despawning haha, not sure about aeonaxx though

10+ Year Old Account
    Tap and hold it, unless someone else comes along and kills it to piss you off, it should last forever. (well, till servers go down)