Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Me yesterday just before finally getting my cloak.

Just needed Lei Shen's heart so I queue LFR. It poppes up rather soon. Fresh Pinacle of Boredom run. I afk and alt-tab as per usual (trust me, when're you doing this shit for the 100th time you kinda lose all will to live). Ok, I alt-back back in every 3 min or so and it goes fie. When the raid reaches the twins, I was too slow and got locked outside during the fight. After the fight I got kicked, which was amazing as I never got caught afk-ing, right before the boss I actually needed.
    Ok, I queue up again. After like 30 min the queue pops and this time it was time to weather the boredom...I mean storm, so I don't get kicked again. After what seemed like 5 hours of epic boredom, I finally got the heart.

Thank goodness I'm done with the lfr until next expansion.

I only want Thok and Garrosh kills in LFR - maybe there should be an option to tick for preference:

[ ] : Fresh
    [X] : Not fresh

Then I can get in quicker, get an almost complete raid - and get out quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it can be a bit annoying at times. Having to queue twice for the same wing.
    But then, one can do a lot of things to kill the waiting time.
    For myself, it actually levels itself out. Sometimes I have to queue twice, but at the same time I get a lot of last boss queues as well, where I only want the VP. The extra time for queuing here, I win back from doing a last boss wing there.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

How about just completing the wing and then get a fresh one? It´s the players fault there are incomplete runs, and nothing blizz can do to fix this.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this system too in getting dumped into a half baked LFR, I usually just leave again and take the 30 min debuff, I usually do this in Wing 4.. This problem is really bad in wing 4 SoO since there seems to be so many fails on Garrosh that after Paragons half the raid will bail..

Bring in the Flex LFR sooner will be one step..

It can easily be fixed if you just let players have options that they can leave checked or unchecked like "Fresh raid only" or "Never join a raid in progress".

If players end up joining a raid in progress, they will be awarded more valor and maybe a satchel of exotic mysteries too (the thing they made to give incentive to tanks and healers to queue for dungeons).

Players who join the fresh raid have the reward of it being fresh and not having to run it multiple times to complete the wing.
    Last edited by Gromnak; 2013-12-26 at 02:53 PM.

Deleted
    Don't you remember how DS LFR was? When it was showing if it's a fresh run or not? If 5-6 people left after 2 bosses (especially tank/healers) there was a very slight chance that you will actually finish the run. Groups were usually disbanding and you had to queue again. It actually took more time than it takes now. Just like the new lfr loot system - it is what it is because of players behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post

Just needed Lei Shen's heart so I queue LFR. It poppes up rather soon. Fresh Pinacle of Boredom run. I afk and alt-tab as per usual (trust me, when're you doing this shit for the 100th time you kinda lose all will to live). Ok, I alt-back back in every 3 min or so and it goes fie. When the raid reaches the twins, I was too slow and got locked outside during the fight. After the fight I got kicked, which was amazing as I never got caught afk-ing, right before the boss I actually needed.
    Ok, I queue up again. After like 30 min the queue pops and this time it was time to weather the boredom...I mean storm, so I don't get kicked again. After what seemed like 5 hours of epic boredom, I finally got the heart.

And this folks is why half the time LFR is as bad as it is lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    There isn't really much else you could do. Just be thankful that it only takes two queues now to do a full LFR run as when LFR was first released even if you did queue into an LFR in progress and only did the last two bosses if you queued again after you would not be guaranteed to get a fresh run and could end up getting into an LFR with the exact same bosses that you just killed.
    That's not true actually, you're just more likely to get in one but it's not guaranteed.

Just finished up cloak #2 this week. No more LFR Tanking for me, woohoo!

Now I just have to decide which character to do it on next. Monk and Warrior are done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know right, just trying to grab the last few Runestones and coming in on the last boss, just to sit around for 20 minutes then the group fall apart is terrible.

lfr is def not the only viable option for the legendary quest. ToT runs are super easy to find, openraid.com. have a look, finding a group there is a lot less painful than the things u find in lfr. good luck

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have only recently had this problem consistently occur as DPS... I honestly think it has to do with people coming back with the cheap expansions and having a major affect overall on LFR.

~Spazzer

so you wait x hours and LFR gives u 3\4 raid, you kill last boss and wait another x hours...
    so you wait x hours and LFR gives u 3\4 raid with warning that this is 3\4 raid, you decline invite to this raid and exit queue, start a new one and wait x hours for 0\4 raid...

reminds me of people who leave raid group when we wait inside raid for more ppl just to enter new queue...
    Last edited by Warak; 2013-12-26 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Thats not the issue here. I agree, it's bullshit. I understand the reasoning behind not showing whether it's a fresh or a started run - raids where people left in the middle would struggle too much finding new guys - but there must be a better way.
    The better way is simple and I still can't believe it's not been implemented yet... put back same group at the start of the wing once they have killed the last one with a fresh instance... those who are done leave, and new people come in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post

Mmmm...you're the kind of person I actively look for in LFR, and will announce to the raid you are AFK/aren't doing shit. If you don't want to participate, you don't get the satisfaction of getting what you're after, plain and simple. I've only run LFR about 5 times between all my chars, I really don't like raiding but I wanted to see what the raid instances were like. At last count, I've gotten over 40 people booted from my runs. I have zero tolerance for people who AFK in LFR, and make it my goal in this game to fucking boot every single one of you goddamn leechers.

Anyway, as for the OP...Again, I haven't run all that many LFRs, but every one of them was a fresh run. I HAVE, however, had this issue hundreds of times doing 5-mans. It annoys me so freaking much to pop into an instance, and suddenly I'm dead because it's mid fight and I just got blasted with a truckload of AoE before I even load in. Or worse yet, and this has happened to me twice in the past couple weeks, I've gotten in, and before I even load into the instance (and my comp doesn't take long at all to do so) I'm getting the little pop-up that the run is done and get my points. I don't even get a single attack off. I don't run instances for JP/VP, I run them because I enjoy them. It doesn't happen all the time, and very rarely happens more than once or twice per day, but it still ruffles my feathers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I just exit and requeue if the boss I want is already down.

That's my implementation of the "fresh runs only" option. Imperfect, yes, but... life is too short.
    Last edited by rda; 2013-12-27 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    You need some reading comprehension classes. I never said the only content I'm doing is LFR. I said LFR is the only viable way to get a cloak (as noone raids ToT anymore - forming a ToT pug is even bigger pain in the ass).
    I see a page full of ToT runs on the Openraid events page. I also always see runs filling in openraid chat. Then there are the ToT runs on oQueue. There's absolutely no need to run LFR.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

(Please disregard. Misread someone.)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    b.c. he wants it and has worked for it....
    "because he wants it" is more than enough reason. It's a game. You're supposed to want things, and then perhaps get them.