Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking Between Warrior and Monk, which one do you enjoy the most when leveling and why?

Between Warrior and Monk, which one do you enjoy the most when leveling and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks.

Warriors are not an easy class to get into, you need a lot of patients to get use to the rage bar system.

Monks seem very easy to adapt to, at least for me it was. They also have a lot more survival tactics, like there own bubble, roll and dragon kick.
    #boycottchina

Monk Hands down. I played both as Tank to level, and Monk is hands down more fun far more involved that warrior. Active Mitigation on Monk is much more interesting than Warrior depending on dodge/ parry. Stagger is so much fun to play around with and gets even better when you get purifying brew.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can tell u that i hate running into monks more than warriors...u cannot cc a monk, its impossible.

leveling my monk was one of the most fun times I've had playing a low level character. Because of their exp increase I felt like I could really plow through zones I didn't like really quick. Plus... I couldn't die. leveling as a wind-walker then switching to brew-master I could literally pull as many things as I could see and survive it. My warrior tank is kind of similar but less fun. It was kinda boring to level my warrior as anything but a tank though.
    I'm watching TV in my brain

Deleted
    Monk by far.

People should specify if they are leveling as tank or dps... my low-level warrior is a blast right now, simply because he is crazy overpowered in prot spec. I have a lvl 90 monk (windwalker and mistweaver) and while leveling up was great, I'm less thrilled with him at 90 for reasons I can't pinpoint. I'm wondering if I went brewmaster if my opinion would change (and hence my request that people specify spec).

I'm not going to tell you that warriors are harder than monks - that is not true. Howver, there are few feelings that I had in WoW better than charging and smashing your enemies and chain pulling with Victory Rush. You just feel the game as a warrior, you feel like a hero most of the time, even while doing mundane stuff.

Deleted
    Monk.

I feel a spend instead of collect referring to Energy and Rage, a more enjoyable resource. The aesthetics of monks spells are more flashy and noticeable making them seemingly more enjoyable.

The exp boost a monk gets is a godsend to someone that has levelled multiple characters to 90 already.

Stagger is simply a enjoyable system, in my opinion.

Monks are new, therefore unknown making me more curious about them and giving me a certain wow factor when I get a new skill.

Deleted
    I played monk half the expansion, especially in pvp, before rerolling mm hunter. What I didn't like about it is how unreliable the gap closers are, especially when fighting mages and hunters. Never learned how the fuck do you beat mages and hunters (even now on my hunter I have no fucking problems with monks; if I get my headshot stealth opener it's even easier as I shave off 50% of his hp in a second). They just won't put on target. Also got pretty fucking sick of getting nuked in 3 sec by rogues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Levelling and end-gaming as a Brewmaster is easily the most enjoyable experience I've ever had in the eight years I've been playing this game.

It's seriously amazing.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had a blast leveling my Warrior as Prot. Monk was fun, but I did it as Windwalker rather than BrM....so I guess I was missing out.

I leveled my monk as Windwalker and it was fun, but I don't like it in end game. Relying on channeled abilities like Fists of Fury as melee feels awkward to me. I remember the relief and joy I felt on my Arms warrior as Slam slowly transformed over the years into a button I now enjoy pressing. Fists of Fury just feels like I'm retrograding back to crummy melee mechanics, even if it looks cool. Plus the whole brew stacking thing is nauseating. It's like they took all the annoying mechanics of rogues and feral druids and gave them to monks. But the leveling experience is fun. You can just Jab and Blackout Kick your way to 90. It's all down hill from there though. Be prepared to be outclassed by warriors in every aspect of end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Monks.

Warriors are not an easy class to get into, you need a lot of patients to get use to the rage bar system.

Monks seem very easy to adapt to, at least for me it was. They also have a lot more survival tactics, like there own bubble, roll and dragon kick.
    What? Rage is by far the simplest and easiest to ignore resource system in the game, in my experience...

Anyway, I would definitely say warrior is more fun. Monks just seem more annoying than epic.

Warriors are by far one of the most enjoyable classes ingame, (specially protection). The mobility and synergy of a warrior makes every aspect of the game (questing, pvp, raid etc) so much fun that it gives me some nerdgasms time to time.

IMO monks are more fun to level. Warrior is my least favorite class in the game, and I had a blast leveling my monk as MW.
    Last edited by Meillquei; 2013-12-27 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling error
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

I lvld a monk and warrior recently, the monk is only fun cause it can lvl fast and drop those orbs that fully heal you. dps that is

My warrior however, is way more fun. SHIELD SLAM everything! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    What? Rage is by far the simplest and easiest to ignore resource system in the game, in my experience...

Anyway, I would definitely say warrior is more fun. Monks just seem more annoying than epic.
    If you're ignoring rage as a prot warrior, you're doing it wrong.

Anyway, for me its warrior. I've leveled multiple warriors to 90 and I could easily level more. While I do love my gnome monk tank, warrior just feels like 2nd nature to me at this point.

Deleted
    Warrior.

Because I like it more than monk.

Both easy to manage and to do perfect with , at least for me , but warrior just feels more WoWy for me.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love playing Prot War. If they were good in PvP, I'd never play another class. Sadly they're not, and I don't like them without a shield. So I pwn things with a hunter and a rogue.

It's too bad they can't just tweak some mechanics and make tanks decent in pvp without making them so godly in defenses. I would love to shield slam people to death at 90. It feels soooo good.