Thread: MoP CM BiS-list

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I glanced over the frost mage and it seems correct.

Except:
    - Are you sure you don't value Intellect too highly @ 1 Int > 2 Haste (Gemming)? I think I'd do that differently.
    - I would never rely on something like Black Blood of Y'shaarj (RPPM = CRAP) and instead use Light of the Cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post

Except:
    - Are you sure you don't value Intellect too highly @ 1 Int > 2 Haste (Gemming)? I think I'd do that differently.
    - I would never rely on something like Black Blood of Y'shaarj (RPPM = CRAP) and instead use Light of the Cosmos.
    Except you are likely using frost bomb for aoe most of the time. So light of the cosmos can't proc.

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post

Except:
    You should check out the potential of Black Blood, especially if you know how to work with your trinkets. Pretty damn powerful

BBoY is probably better than the alchemist stone for frost mage if you're remotely skilled at holding BF/FoF procs and working around it. Much more so if you're running living bomb, which you very occasionally will for some boss fights (notably portions of siege of niuzao, last boss of SSB, etc) if you have the opportunity to switch.

At 463 ilevel int blows haste out of the water for frost. You can barely reach any notable haste breakpoint to run LB/NT with at that ilevel even with perfect bis gear, and breakpoints do nothing for frost bomb. Mastery is garbage for trash. This leaves crit and int. Since int also gives crit, int.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

This whole forum post and google doc.. is just gold. Thank you swagmaster for your post/updates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Some guides say Mastery>Int, others say Int>Sec Stats, and I can see that in some of the best times made by warlocks, they were use a mix of Int, Mastery and Int/Mastery gems. Thinking about how Mastery improves you AoE damage, and since CMs are mostly about AoEing trash, should I really just gem all for Int as seen on the spreadsheet?
    The list is based on a prioritizing method of going for times at the fastest rate, AoE isn't really a high priority thing in a challenge mode if your actually going for the intended purpose of this list which is fast times since majority of the time you just let the Tank do majority of the AoE along with the odd passive AoE method while prioritizing your single target as much as you can to push "gates" to advance farther into a challenge mode. You'll generally find that the Tank damage plus things like Frost Bomb/Frozen Orb/Rain of Fire/Immolate/Chain Lightning (as a filler instead of Lightning Bolt)/Serpent Sting will be plenty for the AoE requirements on majority of pulls. However if your just going for golds, just do what you want tbh, mastery is fine.

In regards to the Black Blood talk, its probably better performance than Zen Alchemist, i'm not too sure tbh, I personally prefer the control of Zen Alchemist since you can "force" it to proc when you wish rather than hoping the random proc will work, honestly can't say for sure though myself as I have yet to see our own mage get the thing, though I have listed it as another option for frost mages, but 'til I can see the difference, i'll just keep it that way unless proven otherwise.

Updated prot warrior list, its sort of done, well, an idea for the Riposte build, still debating about Trinket 1, thoughts/feedback for Prot Warriors greatly appreciated if any can be provided!
    Also added in a Trinket Swap Macro since there was some odd bit of interest for it, just throwing it in there, you can find it on the "Macros & Auras" tab.

For ele shamans and destro warlocks the alchemy trinket is by far bis because you can force its proc via swapping and mastery is the top secondary stat, and both have strong boss cooldowns that guaranteed trinket procs are amazing with.

No idea for enh shaman/aff+demo lock but I seldom see anyone playing them in CMs.

Prot warrior - I really can't see how Carbonic can possibly be better than any other trinket that is useful due to LONG ICD. All it takes is one crappy proc to make that horrible. The VP trinket from Shado-pan has the same issue with proc's happening at bad times and it is only an 85 sec cd. Gaze and/or Shado-pan, would be a better slot than that for sure. Haven't been able to test Skeer's well enough since I don't like LFR/Flex enough to do them on my alt.

Torall, Rod of the Shattered Throne >>> Venomlord's Totemic Wand for Discipline Priest, as has been mentioned previously in this thread. Update!
    Last edited by Splerks; 2014-03-05 at 02:03 AM.

Where are the paladin lists?
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Quote Originally Posted by Draemi View Post
    The list is based on a prioritizing method of going for times at the fastest rate, AoE isn't really a high priority thing in a challenge mode if your actually going for the intended purpose of this list which is fast times since majority of the time you just let the Tank do majority of the AoE along with the odd passive AoE method while prioritizing your single target as much as you can to push "gates" to advance farther into a challenge mode. You'll generally find that the Tank damage plus things like Frost Bomb/Frozen Orb/Rain of Fire/Immolate/Chain Lightning (as a filler instead of Lightning Bolt)/Serpent Sting will be plenty for the AoE requirements on majority of pulls. However if your just going for golds, just do what you want tbh, mastery is fine.
    Thanks man, even while I'm only looking for golds, your list was quite helpful, and I managed to acquire most of that list. I'm not having trouble with big pulls or straight single target dps using Mastery/Int gems. I was going to ask about BBoY, but based on previous comments, I'll keep Relic of Yu'lon and Light of Cosmos.

Why not Heirloom shield for Prot War ?
    2x Red Gem is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandeleon View Post
    Why not Heirloom shield for Prot War ?
    2x Red Gem is very nice.
    The rarity is just dumb and its stats are iffy as it is for CMs. Mastery is just wasted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    For ele shamans and destro warlocks the alchemy trinket is by far bis because you can force its proc via swapping and mastery is the top secondary stat, and both have strong boss cooldowns that guaranteed trinket procs are amazing with.

No idea for enh shaman/aff+demo lock but I seldom see anyone playing them in CMs.
    I guess I didn't say it clearly, what I said was meant towards the mage, I know there is no way in hell I'm seeing any other trinket beating the current ones listed for Ele/Destro, i'll probably just bug some mages, see their thoughts on it or at least try and grab a couple videos of mages using it, feel free to throw me your results/thoughts on it, that or i'll push the mage in my group to actually grab it and stop slacking so I can see it better.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Prot warrior - I really can't see how Carbonic can possibly be better than any other trinket that is useful due to LONG ICD. All it takes is one crappy proc to make that horrible. The VP trinket from Shado-pan has the same issue with proc's happening at bad times and it is only an 85 sec cd. Gaze and/or Shado-pan, would be a better slot than that for sure. Haven't been able to test Skeer's well enough since I don't like LFR/Flex enough to do them on my alt.
    Agreed, I had doubts on Carbonic to be honest, that and I sorta didn't look at Gaze of the Twins properly, originally though it only gave you the one stack and didn't stack after that :P Guess only issue I would have with such a trinket is that it sort of push the warrior into using 2 rppm trinkets, and i've never seen the reliability on some of these rppm trinkets proccing when you need them, i.e. when your CD's or AoE burst is actually needed. And I doubt shado-pan would be all that great tbh, extra expertise aint needed with current list since you already get the cap, though the proc ain't too bad I guess. Will probably just throw in the Relic of Xuen for now, will press more on other warriors on the current state of trinkets, though I believe majority use Relic + Gaze/Skeer.

I'm currently using the Relic/Gaze combo. I know another high end CM warrior is doing the same as we talked about it the other day. Neither of us have Skeer's though yet, so we can't really comment on how useful it will be, but seems nice if you can time the procs well.

Quote Originally Posted by Draemi View Post
    I guess I didn't say it clearly, what I said was meant towards the mage, I know there is no way in hell I'm seeing any other trinket beating the current ones listed for Ele/Destro, i'll probably just bug some mages, see their thoughts on it or at least try and grab a couple videos of mages using it, feel free to throw me your results/thoughts on it, that or i'll push the mage in my group to actually grab it and stop slacking so I can see it better.
    For mage alchemy trinket is worse than BBoY IMO. You can pretty much guarantee BBoY (or any RPPM trinket) will proc with lust and icy veins up early on a boss fight which is where you want it most anyway. Mastery is trash for frost mages in CMs.

ed: If you go over top 10 CM mages it's about 50/50 alchemist stone vs BBoY. The control of the stone probably outweighs BBoY in some situations, and the better stats / proc of BBoY outweigh the stone in others. You can get lucky with BBoY proccing 2-3x in a fight which cannot happen with the stone.
    Last edited by Libretto; 2014-03-06 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    I think it should be a good idea to add to the lists alternatives options for (really) rares pieces, like singlestat wrists from tot or Raden gear.

On a different subject, does anyone has considered Torall as a mage (maybe warlock) viable option ? I dont know how the spirit is scaled down or not on a non-hybrid caster but on the paper it looks slightly better because you loose 120crit+56haste+160hit for a 160intellect gain.
    Last edited by mmoc66bf662027; 2014-03-07 at 02:17 PM.

Came looking for Gaurdian Druid and Holy Paladin,

Left disappointed but gj on the lists
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    Where are the paladin lists?
    The spreadsheet is only going to contain classes that are viable for fast CM runs, paladins of any spec are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    The spreadsheet is only going to contain classes that are viable for fast CM runs, paladins of any spec are not.
    Maybe it won't get world first, but a paladin tank on my realm had gotten US 5th Scholo (at the time, probably no longer 5th). So, they are def. viable.