Thread: MoP CM BiS-list

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    definately using this list for my Brewmaster gearset.

Thanks heaps for the list.
    Hi

Deleted
    He's not saying that it's not possible as a paladin, he's saying it would have been better with another tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Maybe it won't get world first, but a paladin tank on my realm had gotten US 5th Scholo (at the time, probably no longer 5th). So, they are def. viable.
    Okay maybe I used the wrong word, classes that are ideal for speed runs. But when was this? No point saying "US 5th at the time" because if that was longer than a few months ago it isn't relevant any more, there was probably a time when none of the top times contained a monk tank.

Deleted
    Right, I guess the better word i'd put is that, i'm unsure if I can really be bothered to do so many specs/classes, that along with the fact i'm not really up to date with all specs/classes along with the others who assist in the list aren't probably all knowing on every spec in the game. I guess i'm also easily more put off that I already get constant whining for some specs (Hunter/Disc in particular -_-) that it's kinda put me off doing too many. But ye, generally, if your going for times, which is the purpose of the list being built on, choose the more competitive spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Came looking for Gaurdian Druid and Holy Paladin,

Left disappointed but gj on the lists
    In regards to the this though, more on the Gaurdian Druid part, its pretty much like the Brewmaster list tbh, just swap some of the tier pieces to their Druid equivilants and maybe using Searing Words instead of Windswept Pages?

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    For mage alchemy trinket is worse than BBoY IMO. You can pretty much guarantee BBoY (or any RPPM trinket) will proc with lust and icy veins up early on a boss fight which is where you want it most anyway. Mastery is trash for frost mages in CMs.

ed: If you go over top 10 CM mages it's about 50/50 alchemist stone vs BBoY. The control of the stone probably outweighs BBoY in some situations, and the better stats / proc of BBoY outweigh the stone in others. You can get lucky with BBoY proccing 2-3x in a fight which cannot happen with the stone.
    Hmm, guessing its kinda a dependency on the the instance/speed of a run between the two? Seems interesting, might just state both are equal in performance if this is the case and just take in consideration

Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    I think it should be a good idea to add to the lists alternatives options for (really) rares pieces, like singlestat wrists from tot or Raden gear.

On a different subject, does anyone has considered Torall as a mage (maybe warlock) viable option ? I dont know how the spirit is scaled down or not on a non-hybrid caster but on the paper it looks slightly better because you loose 120crit+56haste+160hit for a 160intellect gain.
    ToT random stat wrists aren't all that rare tbh, just farm it and you can probably settle with your second best secondary stat (Avoid using hit/exp/spirit if possible, otherwise just don't do any reforging to them as scaling in a cmode will cause you to have messed up hit/exp caps). Ra-den pieces on the other hand I guess I can take a look at adding in alternative options for those who don't have access to doing ToT HC.

Man farming the 463 Fireflash ring from scenarios for my Bis CM disc set is really a pain in the ass. I was so excited as I got a fireflash ring to drop from a random scenario chest and then it turned out that it was the 450 ring "Bubblebrew" and not the 463 ring "Brewmoon". REally frustrating.

And as of this week it seems that the Timeless Cache drops from mobs has really gone down a lot. After three hours of farming I only received 2 timeless pieces...Both leather. The week before I was gettting 4-6 peices an hour.

Thanks for the BiS lists, helped a good bit!
    I did some comparisons for the warlock list and It's pretty much spot on though I have a few alternatives that I think could be worth noting.

Chest : http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....76694.0.0.0.1
    Feet : http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...94.0.0.137.0.1
    Waist : http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...6694.0.137.0.1

I don't know the exact stat weights for CMs but the Starwalker Sandals does look straight up better than its counterpart, the others are sacrificing a bit of int for offstats, and are very even to the listed ones.

The black blood trinket even though it can be bad for it's rng is a viable alternative and possibly the best trinket replacement if you are not an alchemist.
    Last edited by Tramzh; 2014-03-08 at 03:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SouperDisc View Post
    Man farming the 463 Fireflash ring from scenarios for my Bis CM disc set is really a pain in the ass. I was so excited as I got a fireflash ring to drop from a random scenario chest and then it turned out that it was the 450 ring "Bubblebrew" and not the 463 ring "Brewmoon". REally frustrating.

And as of this week it seems that the Timeless Cache drops from mobs has really gone down a lot. After three hours of farming I only received 2 timeless pieces...Both leather. The week before I was gettting 4-6 peices an hour.
    The difference with dominator's band is really negligible to be honest, I think 8haste at a cost of 5crit is not worth farming so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    I don't know the exact stat weights for CMs but the Starwalker Sandals does look straight up better than its counterpart, the others are sacrificing a bit of int for offstats, and are very even to the listed ones.
    I'm not sure about about feet because I dont know how crit is valuable for destro, but for the other and since intellect is better than any other stat x2, Belt of Ominous Trembles and Robes of the Horned Nightmare are winners. Nonetheless, all of these items are really close to each other and are fine if you can't afford their alternative.
    Last edited by mmoc66bf662027; 2014-03-08 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Letheanlol View Post
    Okay maybe I used the wrong word, classes that are ideal for speed runs. But when was this? No point saying "US 5th at the time" because if that was longer than a few months ago it isn't relevant any more, there was probably a time when none of the top times contained a monk tank.
    This was about 2 months ago, and monk tanks were in the top on release.

The difference with dominator's band is really negligible to be honest, I think 8haste at a cost of 5crit is not worth farming so much.
    Yeah i'm not super worried about it but I would like to have it. I've had about 10 brewmoon's with Mast/haste drop so i should get the crit haste one soon...Plus I will be using it to replace the Signet of the shadow pan ring. Doing that gives +5haste +5 crit as opposed to replacing the dominator's band.

and monk tanks were in the top on release.
    I don't think soooooooo

Deleted
    Yeah i'm not super worried about it but I would like to have it. I've had about 10 brewmoon's with Mast/haste drop so i should get the crit haste one soon...Plus I will be using it to replace the Signet of the shadow pan ring. Doing that gives +5haste +5 crit as opposed to replacing the dominator's band.
    I must be missing something, there is no difference between the shadopan ring and and random 334/334, is there ? I dont get why the could be pondered differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be missing something, there is no difference between the shadopan ring and and random 334/334, is there ? I dont get why the could be pondered differently.
    There no difference in them for healer indeed.
    Except that Shado-pan ring gives promised 752 Stamina and 501 Intellect.
    Since 463 and 476 <RE> items may lack 1 Stamina or 1 MainStat due to how <RE> is calculated when gives all 4 stats at once.
    Last edited by Whiterock; 2014-03-08 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterock View Post
    There no difference in them for healer indeed.
    Except that Shado-pan ring gives promised 752 Stamina and 501 Intellect.
    Since 463 and 476 <RE> items may lack 1 Stamina or 1 MainStat due to how <RA> is calculated when gives all 4 stats at once.
    There is a difference, the higher the value of a single stats the bigger part of its budget it takes per point. This isn't a linear function and because of that having 2 secondary stats closer together in value should normally end up with a higher total.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=81271 vs http://www.wowhead.com/item=81564 for exemple

edit:
    This was about 2 months ago, and monk tanks were in the top on release.
    monks were considered unviable for CM on release and they remained so for few months.
    Last edited by Nerthfu; 2014-03-08 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerthfu View Post
    There is a difference, the higher the value of a single stats the bigger part of its budget it takes per point. This isn't a linear function and because of that having 2 secondary stats closer together in value should normally end up with a higher total.
    item=81271 vs item=81564 for exemple
    Those 2 necks are not Random-Enchanted. They have fixed stats. The side-diving for them is +5/-8 stats roughly, I still researching on that to find out the precise formula.
    <RE> items that have Stamina/Main/Secondary/Secondary - the secondaries are always equal. 752/501/334/334 for ring/neck/bracer/cloak, as example.
    The biggest confusion people have with Fixed-stat items - they show lower value due to having some hit gear, in priest's case - leggins. As you lose 119 stats by having them in LFR quality, and all items with Fixed-stat lose a shared portion.

OK yeah I just checked it out. Swapped out the Leggings of Carndinality while wearing the VP ring and I understand what is going on now. Was a total brain fart on my end.

Fun fact: Some specs of level 90 boosted characters come with a trinket that is CM BiS. Healers get an int trinket with a 10s/30s ICD int proc, DPS get an int trinket with a mastery proc which would likely be BiS for ele and warlocks.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Fun fact: Some specs of level 90 boosted characters come with a trinket that is CM BiS. Healers get an int trinket with a 10s/30s ICD int proc, DPS get an int trinket with a mastery proc which would likely be BiS for ele and warlocks.
    I was wondering if this would happen, I don't think that int with a mastery proc could take over relic/alch stone, but int/int proc could definitely be bis for healers.

Edit: FYI I think this is the trinket healers start with http://www.wowhead.com/item=101138
    Last edited by mmoc85689722f4; 2014-03-11 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=101171 for casters (there's also a mastery with haste proc that I assume goes into the 2nd trinket slot)

and

http://www.wowhead.com/item=101138 for healers (again, 2nd slot is the manareturn trinket I would guess).

Would also think that the strength trinket would be pretty ok for warriors and DKs (http://www.wowhead.com/item=101295)
    Last edited by mmoc241f3fedf6; 2014-03-11 at 10:19 AM.

for the blood dk set why wouldn't the spoils ring be better then either of those rings it's crit/haste and has a red socket as well?

Deleted
    Am i the only one who's getting massiv lua errors from the timerweakaura after killing the first boss in any challengemode?

Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by mmoc9d535ec740; 2014-03-16 at 02:05 AM.