Thread: MoP CM BiS-list

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

MoP CM BiS-list

Hello guys and girls.

A guy that I do CM's with have decided to start putting together a BiS-list for the more frequently used classes in CM's (Mage, Monk, Shaman, Hunter, Priest). It's as of right now still a work in progress and we're working on tweaking the itemchoices all the time, by that I want to add that any suggestions and ideas you guys might have are very valuable.

Since I've seen a few post here on mmoc asking about advice for CM gearing and the likes but never seen any real gear lists I decided to post our work here to share with you all!

There's is a little FAQ on the last page that you guys can read through aswell.

Link to spreadsheet

Hopefully you guys can get something good out of this! Feel free to suggest things in this thread or through PM's

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure that haste is alot better for elemental shamans at that Ilvl, both for AoE and Single target purposes (specially single target and when going for the best times this is the most important factor usually.)

Some nice guy ran sims on this quite a while ago, may be able to re-run them but currently im way too tired for it.

E: Otherwise the list looks neat, been looking forward to a "true" BiS list for quite awhile, as i could probably improve on a piece or two myself.

I think the reason as to why you run mastery as a shaman is due to the fact that you're already GCD capped whilst using Elemental Mastery together with troll racial and bloodlust/heroism. And thanks to that stacking mastery as your secondary stat grants you more DPS.

But do not take my word for it, I play the frost mage and do not have an indepth knowledge on the other classes. I just know they bitch about being GCD capped with EM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    I'm fairly sure that haste is alot better for elemental shamans at that Ilvl, both for AoE and Single target purposes (specially single target and when going for the best times this is the most important factor usually.)

Some nice guy ran sims on this quite a while ago, may be able to re-run them but currently im way too tired for it.

E: Otherwise the list looks neat, been looking forward to a "true" BiS list for quite awhile, as i could probably improve on a piece or two myself.
    So far the list has been based on maximizing the possible intellect you can get for an elemental shaman, in terms of haste, I haven't seen much use in going for it personally, most of the time i'm seeing pulls (when world records are considered) to last from the likes of 10-40 seconds, if your considering the amount haste will bring down your cast time if you obviously go for it and change a few items in the list, your cast time on a chain lightning for example, will be brought down to roughly ~1.3 while in the current build its at 1.36, if you are gonna be doing a big pull, your likely gonna have Elemental Mastery available and that'll probably be up for the majority of when that applied AoE burst is needed to remove the majority of trash in that pull and if you consider its cast time, in the current list, brings your cast down to the GCD. And if you consider a single target situation for a challenge mode, you'll be likely using your CDs (EM/Berserking/Hero) to make your Lava Burst casts down to the GCD cap, that's already easily done with just a Berserking+EM/Hero used, so its more beneficial to push for the load of mastery during that Ascendance use for it since the single target points you have shouldn't last long at all since your always pushing for those with CD's, only exception to this is the likes of Liu Flameheart in Temple of Jade Serpent or Striker Ga'dok in Gate of the Setting Sun where you CD's are likely aren't gonna be up for them or your gonna need to be using your CD's on a pull soon after them.

But either way, aside from that, I can make a simple Haste build choices if needs be, should only be like 3/4 items which are swapped around if we keep the idea of maximizing intellect from the gear/gem sockets available. Feel free to throw me those numbers you spoke of earlier, would gladly like to see them and check it out if possible.

Side note; should have all the lists confirmed shortly, just having people do a double check on it when available. Will also be looking into adding in best optimal difficulty drops (LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic) for the listed items.
    Last edited by mmoc71ca6018d1; 2013-12-27 at 09:16 PM.

Good work. Hope you get around to DKs soon.

The hunter one looks pretty good (though I'd probably go haste over mastery) however the legendary cloak isn't nearly as good compared to the one off ji-kun, it scales down a lot better.

I'd also say that the tier 16 gloves are probably better then the protector ones. And it's probably an error but you don't have a crit cogwheel in the helm.

Deleted
    Awesome list, though you could note that for ele shamans, Torall might be replaceable with Athame. Torall might have a higher amount of intellect, but Athame has better secondary stats and both have a red socket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenhawk View Post
    The hunter one looks pretty good (though I'd probably go haste over mastery) however the legendary cloak isn't nearly as good compared to the one off ji-kun, it scales down a lot better.

I'd also say that the tier 16 gloves are probably better then the protector ones. And it's probably an error but you don't have a crit cogwheel in the helm.
    Corrected the Crit cogwheel, cheers for notifying me on that one :P Currently the gloves are taken into consideration as it was believed by hunters I have asked that they didn't have enough expertise to reach the cap and taking the gloves was easier to reach it. The Mastery/Haste choice is honestly debatable, so far I have been told that mastery was better due to their not being enough haste to make any sorts of difference in focus regen/extra dot ticks and general increase damage through mastery would be better. Again, as mentioned on it, you can go for either stat which you prefer cause generally, you won't really pay much attention to either of them as your trying to stay as close to or be bang on to your hit/exp caps then Agi and crit will be your main focus for the majority of your gear. The Ji'kun cloak I haven't actually looked at myself, falls in quite well with the current lists stat priority, though i'm unsure if the scaling on it, since i'm seeing it only being a 40 stat increase in both crit & mastery, but at a loss of 155 haste and 80 agility for it (unsure what other stat you could probably socket into with a purple gem since current list provides both caps to be reached quite well), i'll run it by with some other hunters, see what differences they get with it. Feel free to throw me the differences you get with it as well!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    Awesome list, though you could note that for ele shamans, Torall might be replaceable with Athame. Torall might have a higher amount of intellect, but Athame has better secondary stats and both have a red socket.
    Athame is a good item indeed, highly recommended in my eyes as well tbh over Torall, however, I'd probably only swap out of it IF the items you currently already have go over the hit cap (this will vary for everybody depending on the items difficulty drop you get), however you could probably say that to multiple items like the shield, Nourshen's Enigmatic Barrier, I also put in the note you can swap that for the off-hand from Garrosh, Revelations of Y'shaarj, same could also fall for the chest piece, you could easily swap that for the Ra-den chest piece, Chain of Counted Souls. Each of these items are good, but it's more like trying to correctly find a way in having the closest method for getting your hit cap without sacrificing too much of your other stats to do so, in this case, I just simply found keeping Torall to be easier since it had a good enough amount of spirit plus it had more base intellect was just a good bonus in it self and i'd probably just swap out the chest or shield for the items I just mentioned to not loose anymore of the other stats if my hit cap was too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Taralack View Post
    Good work. Hope you get around to DKs soon.
    I'll probably have a look at other classes sometime soon, depends if there is actually a good enough interest for them, guess it's also limited on knowledge of each spec/class me and others which work on the sheet have, the classes I personally can consider looking into is Destro/Demo locks and Enhanc shamans. But besides that, current interests are to finish the current classes on the sheet and add in any extra details which may benefits others.
    Last edited by mmoc71ca6018d1; 2013-12-30 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    Looking at optimising my mage past the 9/9 gold to a stronger set - mainly to lead from. Simple question first - why did you gem mostly intellect and not intellect/haste and haste as a raiding frostie could?

Since a raiding frostmage utilizes haste to get the most amount of casts/ticks out during a several minute encounter they opt to go for haste.

But since in a challengemode the 3 top dmg spells will be (and to be fair should be) frost bomb, frozen orb and ice lance (sometimes cone of cold). This is due to the heavy AoE that is required when running CMs. So to answer your question, you go intellect heavy because due to the nature of CMs your dmg will scale better with int than with haste.

Haste is good, intellect just scales better with the spells you use the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniblast View Post
    Hello guys and girls.

A guy that I do CM's with have decided to start putting together a BiS-list for the more frequently used classes in CM's (Mage, Monk, Shaman, Hunter, Priest). It's as of right now still a work in progress and we're working on tweaking the itemchoices all the time, by that I want to add that any suggestions and ideas you guys might have are very valuable.

Since I've seen a few post here on mmoc asking about advice for CM gearing and the likes but never seen any real gear lists I decided to post our work here to share with you all!

There's is a little FAQ on the last page that you guys can read through aswell.

Link to spreadsheet

Hopefully you guys can get something good out of this! Feel free to suggest things in this thread or through PM's
    Thanks a lot for the work on the spreadsheet. It's really helping my group out.

I do however have a question about the priest's BIS boots.

I've seen a lot of people use Soulbinder Treads (I'm using them myself as well a.t.m.), but aren't the Falling Blossom Sandals way better? They have spirit, but you get a lot of extra intellect. That is the primary stat for priests, so isn't that better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosyl View Post
    Thanks a lot for the work on the spreadsheet. It's really helping my group out.

I do however have a question about the priest's BIS boots.

I've seen a lot of people use Soulbinder Treads (I'm using them myself as well a.t.m.), but aren't the Falling Blossom Sandals way better? They have spirit, but you get a lot of extra intellect. That is the primary stat for priests, so isn't that better?
    The 100 intellect gain from Falling Blossom Sandals is nice and all, but it sacrifices some secondary stats to do so, ~200 crit and 79 haste to do so. Tbh, I'd say no, and I really should be reworking the disc list to this right now, the prioritizing of Int on items is very very limited, I tend to went with it being okay as long as the item had a very high amount of Intellect to be gained from it or had base crit on it since haste is less useful than crit for majority of the spells used in a challenge mode are already fast cast times or just instant. I won't deny it, for those who want to increase their maximum potential Intellect, it's a good option, but, it slowly just turns your secondary stats to something really useless if you do it on all the item slots you have, since majority of the items which can get you more intellect has either Spirit/Mastery on them, which is generally just useless to take for the purpose of this list.

I can make a list of items kinda like I did with the Ele shaman list for those who wanted to prioritize Haste>Mastery but for disc trying to maximize Intellect entirely if the interest is there, but it'll be kinda really sucky from what I and other priests I have asked are thinking of it.

As a side note, added in a Destruction Warlock BiS list along with added in a Macro and WeakAura tab. All credit goes to Maebybabe for the custom WeakAura to replace the Blizzard default timer. Will probably look into adding other class/specs in the near future, Prot Warrior & Blood DK probably being the first too be looked at.

Noticed you are changing the hunter BiS list around, and that, at a minimum, the weapon you have chosen changed. What changed to make you believe that the loss of 17 secondary stats and 80 agility was worth the benefit of having crit as the secondary stat? And did the difference in the range of damage affect your decision at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyM View Post
    Noticed you are changing the hunter BiS list around, and that, at a minimum, the weapon you have chosen changed. What changed to make you believe that the loss of 17 secondary stats and 80 agility was worth the benefit of having crit as the secondary stat? And did the difference in the range of damage affect your decision at all?
    Hehe, apologies, the hunter list was a bit overdue for a re-evaluation. The weapon was changed because the hit/exp caps when I initially swapped into using the Voice of the Quillen as suggested was sort of messed up and made a bit more of a loss in stats than anything, so I went back to the initial list and after a lot of messages sent to me about suggested items and such I got a couple of hunters to re-look at the list with me, current list SHOULD (hopefully) be as optimal it can be, though I have no doubts people will try to find a better min max. I guess the main issue we have with hunters is that haste is just meh in a challenge mode and since majority of items which maximizes the stat weight potential of Agi>Crit>Mastery>Haste is kinda bare minimum compared to say a Elemental Shaman or a Frost Mage with their stat priorities, you have to sort of prioritize those items with the more suitable secondary stats and some decent agility rather than the items which has less optimal secondary stats on the item and maximum Agility to it. Though I'd say the previous list was able to prioritize that method before kinda well, but it fell short by ~250 agility in gaining the extra ~1.2% crit and ~0.3% mastery compared the current list.

Please feel free to suggest any other alternative items for the list(s) given, just please keep in mind the current stat priorities listed for their given spec/class, any help/feedback is appreciated!

WTB Prot warrior list! I'd be more than happy to help out with it as well if you needed some extra ideas and such.

Deleted
    can we haz balance druid?

Deleted
    Good day ppl!

Me and a guildie have been working on the Death Knight BiS list for Blood for a while now.
    And we finished it today and i wanted to share it with you ppl!

Since its not clear what actually is better as in stat wise, we made both lists in the same document.
    Parry / Dodge Build and a Crit / Haste Build.

I wish to hear the opinion on other DK's what they think is better (Parry / Dodge or Crit / Haste)

Thanks in Advance

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...IWkFZZnc#gid=0

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid question, but I was wondering this there was a stat difference depending on if you had a LFR, Flex, Normal, or Heroic piece of gear? More specifically being will I receive a stat increase for having a Heroic piece instead of a LFR piece? Thanks in advance and sorry for asking a stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyv View Post
    Stupid question, but I was wondering this there was a stat difference depending on if you had a LFR, Flex, Normal, or Heroic piece of gear? More specifically being will I receive a stat increase for having a Heroic piece instead of a LFR piece? Thanks in advance and sorry for asking a stupid question.
    Nope, no difference. All that matters are the stats on the item. A 463 hit/crit ring with 0 sockets is every bit as good as a 580 hit/crit ring with 0 sockets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    Nope, no difference. All that matters are the stats on the item. A 463 hit/crit ring with 0 sockets is every bit as good as a 580 hit/crit ring with 0 sockets.
    Awesome thanks