Thread: MoP CM BiS-list

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My math shows that the BIS ring for Discipline priest is actually incorrect on the spreadsheat. The two best I see are The Signet with crit/haste and the Dominators Band rising just slightly about all other rings.
    I'm not certain on this one but I currently choose to wear the leggings of the exorcist instead of the pants from lei shen. The exorcist legs having only two gems and having higher base Int seem to slightly out way the leggings of cardinality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SouperDisc View Post
    My math shows that the BIS ring for Discipline priest is actually incorrect on the spreadsheat. The two best I see are The Signet with crit/haste and the Dominators Band rising just slightly about all other rings.
    I'm not certain on this one but I currently choose to wear the leggings of the exorcist instead of the pants from lei shen. The exorcist legs having only two gems and having higher base Int seem to slightly out way the leggings of cardinality.
    1)If you mean the Dominator's Band from Krasarang's Ally/Horde factions - then you are just better be off with <Random Enchantment> 334/334 Crit/Haste ring, as you dive into more haste at expense of smaller crit loss.
    2)Leggins - Exorcist Leggins have the same int as any other 2gem leggins. There is no bonus like on Torall.
    And picking them, you lose 300 Int, but gain 200Crit, 284Haste, 160Spirit and "saved" 119 Crit/Haste/Mastery. Assuming [Leggins of Cardinality] are LFR(0/2). Since 1 Intellect is ahead of 2 Crit, and especially Haste - the tradeoff isn't that good. but if you have normal or heroic Cardinality - then yes, you are better off with Exorcist.

Ok yeah I see what you're saying now. My legs are the normal one's but I checked out the lfr ones in the dungeon journal while in the proving grounds and yeah you are correct.
    I wasn't entirely aware of that issue.
    Still sticking with the dominator's band over all the other easily attainable rings(especially the one from heroic SSB as that isn't near as good as far as I could see) until I get lucky enough to get the random ring from the heroic scenario chests. As far as I know that's the only way to get it. Not sure but someone was saying that the timeless ring has the same stats.
    Now I just need to find a new team that is pushing times and needs a healer.

Deleted
    Really interesting topic, a lot of clever stuff here and there.

About the weak aura timer string, anyone has an idea how to translate it ? More precisely what to translate, because I'm french and this just does not work at all, and I'm getting a lot a LUA errors or crashes when I tried to edit it on my own.

If you're using an engineering helm do you want to use a stat/hit gem, or two 600 stat gems.

Lets take warlock for example. My thought process has always been as follows.

The more hit you have on your gear, since it doesn't scale down, the more all of your other stats/items scale down.

By using 600 crit/600 mastery gems, you're going to have to reforge some haste or crit (weak two stats) into hit, which is going to scale down your overall mastery (your best stat by a lot).

By using 600 hit/600 mastery gem, you're going to leave some of the crit that you would have otherwise reforged to hit, but it's not going to scale down your mastery as much.

This logic seems sound to me, and I go hit/haste and hit/crit on my mage and moonkin, but I see so many people use two stat gems so I figure I'm wrong or missing something obvious. Thanks
    Last edited by Fountaiin; 2014-02-21 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    If you're using an engineering helm do you want to use a stat/hit gem, or two 600 stat gems.

Lets take warlock for example. My thought process has always been as follows.

The more hit you have on your gear, since it doesn't scale down, the more all of your other stats/items scale down.

By using 600 crit/600 mastery gems, you're going to have to reforge some haste or crit (weak two stats) into hit, which is going to scale down your overall mastery (your best stat by a lot).

By using 600 hit/600 mastery gem, you're going to leave some of the crit that you would have otherwise reforged to hit, but it's not going to scale down your mastery as much.

This logic seems sound to me, and I go hit/haste and hit/crit on my mage and moonkin, but I see so many people use two stat gems so I figure I'm wrong or missing something obvious. Thanks
    Depends on your class and stat prio.
    If your first stat is ahead of other 2 - go for Stat/Hit, as it indeed nets you more first and second stat.
    If your first stat equals or very close to your second - Stat/Hit and Stat/Stat wouldn't be much different.
    Shadowpriests, Boomkins and Elemental don't have that luxury tho, since most of their best gear is heavy on spirit - so they are most of times forced to go Stat/Stat.

P.S. if you are not engineer - use Timless Head, you gain 71 of your first stat at loss of 89 second stat(or hit), implying that the item can proc such combo + that's assuming you use orange gem.
    And if you have Kor'kron Barrens helm with needed stats - that one wins both. (except for Headless Horseman head for str dps)
    Last edited by Whiterock; 2014-02-21 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiterock View Post
    1)Priest BiS list - weapon:
    Torall(Brilliantx2) versus Venomlord(Brilliantx2)
    +140Int
    +152Spirit
    -80Stamina
    -120Crit
    -56Haste
    That gives us the comparision of 1 Int ~ 1 Crit, which would lead to Crit gemming. But since I am sure we both agree that 160 Int >= 320 Crit, then Torall wins.

Just got done comparing the mace to the wand myself and it seems pretty clear that the mace is better. White rock really simlifies the explanation too.

Deleted
    On your blood DK BiS you have the gems listed as>

Gems
    Quick + Smooth Cogwheel
    1x 320 Crit
    1x 320 Crit
    1x 320 Crit
    3x 80 Str/160 Crit
    1x 320 Crit
    1x 80 Str/160 Crit + 1x 320 Crit
    3x 80 Str/160 Crit
    1x 80 Str/160 Crit + 2x 320 Crit
    1x 160 Hit/160 Crit + 1x 320 Crit
    1x 80 Str/160 Crit
    1x 80 Str/160 Crit

But at the bottom

Total Gems
    16x 320 Haste
    4x 80 Str/160 Haste
    1x 160 Hit/160 Haste
    So something is a bit wrong there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    snip
    Ye, sort of forgot to update the totals, cheers for the reminder.

Updated the DK list for the critical strike build, still debating on trinkets listed for it though, any suggestions/feedback from others would be appreciated.
    Changed the Disc Priest ring 2 to the Justice Point rings from Operation Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive due to its accessibility and the minor higher crit for the Haste/Crit focused build.
    Also looking for some experienced prot warriors in challenge modes for assistance on the Prot Warrior list, just pm me if you are interested.

Deleted
    Hey again, I got something a little weird with my ring' stats:

The first is Shadopan assault one, and seems to be missing few stats (329 haste & crit instead 334 according to wowhead)
    The second is Dominator's band got 334crit & 321haste instead of 339 & 326
    Last is timeless and looks fine

Anyone knows why this happens ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draemi View Post
    Ye, sort of forgot to update the totals, cheers for the reminder.

Updated the DK list for the critical strike build, still debating on trinkets listed for it though, any suggestions/feedback from others would be appreciated.
    Changed the Disc Priest ring 2 to the Justice Point rings from Operation Shieldwall/Dominance Offensive due to its accessibility and the minor higher crit for the Haste/Crit focused build.
    Also looking for some experienced prot warriors in challenge modes for assistance on the Prot Warrior list, just pm me if you are interested.
    You better put Scenario rings there, they give 501int, 334/334 stats and 751 stamina for 463 and 476 ones, 752 for 516 and 496(timless) ones.
    Same stuff for necklace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylael View Post
    Hey again, I got something a little weird with my ring' stats:

The first is Shadopan assault one, and seems to be missing few stats (329 haste & crit instead 334 according to wowhead)
    The second is Dominator's band got 334crit & 321haste instead of 339 & 326
    Last is timeless and looks fine

Anyone knows why this happens ?
    Becose you have some hit on your gear, assume leggins.
    Check the hit/exp formula I listed above.

Deleted
    Oh yeah you're right, I didnt think that this hit downscaling would be applied to healers, that's too bad :/ thanks !

When can we expect an update to the prot warrior section?

Can someone tell me if the hunter section is right? Some of the items feel a bit strange to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by grafarion View Post
    Tet's knows all the warrior BiS stuff! Bother him about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuh View Post
    Can someone tell me if the hunter section is right? Some of the items feel a bit strange to be honest.
    Which ones? Would be helpful to know which you think is off, can probably help address it.

Quote Originally Posted by grafarion View Post
    Working on it, got some responses off people i'm asking to discuss with about it all, though I still rather have more thoughts on it since some items are always gonna be debatable, will probably try and reach out to some others if I can.

Which ones? Would be helpful to know which you think is off, can probably help address it.
    Mostly the hands, the belt and the ring (reality ripper). The t16 gloves are crit/haste red double red socket+agi, the spoils belt (Arrowflight Girdle) crit/haste red socket/yellow socket+agi and for the ring there is the animus one Gore-Soaked Gear that is crit/hast and has a socket.
    Last edited by Akuh; 2014-03-02 at 11:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akuh View Post
    Mostly the hands, the belt and the ring (reality ripper). The t16 gloves are crit/haste red double red socket+agi, the spoils belt (Arrowflight Girdle) crit/haste red socket/yellow socket+agi and for the ring there is the animus one Gore-Soaked Gear that is crit/hast and has a socket.
    Right, firstly, the items you have listed seem to follow the usual crit/haste thing going on, haste is valued the lowest in a cmode purely cause there isn't enough of it since your always going for Agility>Crit so majority of your stats will be in that, along with the fact that haste has no significant DPS increase from that small amount of haste, so far, mastery just comes out slightly above haste in a challenge mode cause of the flat out damage % increase on majority of spells. In reality of it all though, both haste and mastery are equally meh. Secondly, the items you have listed to be replaced give good amount of hit/exp which would probably mess up hit/exp caps which have been reached. Though, the idea of gloves being swapped for the tier 16 gloves can be considered if you drop the mastery cogwheel in the helm to a expertise one.

Working on it, got some responses off people i'm asking to discuss with about it all, though I still rather have more thoughts on it since some items are always gonna be debatable, will probably try and reach out to some others if I can.
    Happy to give my opinions, I mostly want to compare what I have been using to other school's of thought.

Some guides say Mastery>Int, others say Int>Sec Stats, and I can see that in some of the best times made by warlocks, they were use a mix of Int, Mastery and Int/Mastery gems. Thinking about how Mastery improves you AoE damage, and since CMs are mostly about AoEing trash, should I really just gem all for Int as seen on the spreadsheet?