Thread: MoP CM BiS-list

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draemi View Post
    The Mastery/Haste choice is honestly debatable, so far I have been told that mastery was better due to their not being enough haste to make any sorts of difference in focus regen/extra dot ticks and general increase damage through mastery would be better.
    Haste gives Hunters extra dot ticks? This is news to me

10+ Year Old Account
    new to me too. since when in regards to hunters?

for trinket choices. I switch my set up a little and used xuen(agi)+renataki.....amazing results.

cms arent that complex to complete
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2014-03-20 at 08:20 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I'd say you have way too much spirit. <snip>
    You should definitely get 2 throughput trinkets at least.
    Thanx for your feedback. The issue is I don't see either haste or mastery being particulary useful at 463 item level. For MW mastery kinda sucks overall whereas I don't see how (maybe) 2nd tick on Renewing Mists makes that much of a difference. Also, fistweaving is pretty mana consuming and I assume I'd be able to fistweave for the most of the run (I know restorative amber is the thing though).

What trinkets would you suggest? I still think passive int + on use crit/spirit is better than SOO trinkets, if anything else due to scaling.

TL;DR I definitely need to get some real data from doing CMs to get a better input on how to min/max gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercylolk View Post
    Haste gives Hunters extra dot ticks? This is news to me
    It doesn't - that was a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, finally finished priest list calculating. Used this stat weight with 2 builds, one balanced and other crit/int-oriented:
    Int:220 (So 60Haste would worth orange gem)
    Crit:100 (Base stat)
    Haste:80 and 50 (First - so engi and timeless helms be on equal terms, second - so crit/haste items that dive into more crit will always be better)
    Spirit:14 (So 120Spirit would worth orange gem)
    Mastery:3 (For just some value, that won't change any priority)

What's different:
    Head:
    [Reformationist's Crown](Crit/Haste)
    [Lightweight Retinal Armor] & [Amaranthine Cowl](Crit/Haste)
    Barrens helm wins both far ahead, Timless have 71Crit versus 89Haste from engi helm, I'll say it's worth it.

Necklace:
    [Passionfire Choker] & [Soul Prism of Lei Shen]
    For first weight they are roughly equal, for second - Choker wins. Mindbreaker Pendant can't even compete with Choker.

Leggins:
    [Legwraps of Cardinality] & [Leggings of the Exorcist]
    For first build - Exorcist wins if you have non-LFR Cardinality. For second - Cardinality wins always.

Boots:
    [Soulbinder Treads] - for first build
    [Starwalker Sandals] - for second build

Ring(First build):
    334/334 Random or [Shado-Pan] ring
    [Ro'shak's Remembrance] - very very close behind

Ring(Second build):
    [Ro'shak's Remembrance] & [Seal of Sullen Fury]

Weapon:
    [Torall, Rod of the Shattered Throne] - far ahead of any other weapon, had mentioned it here before.

Unchanged:
    Shoulders: [Shoulderguards of the Ternion Glory]
    Cloak: [Deadly Glare Cape]
    Chest: [Mantid Vizier's Robes]
    Bracer: [Frostborn Wristwraps](Crit)
    Hands: [Montak's Grips of Scorching Breath]
    Belt: [White Cloud Belt]
    Offhand: [Lei Shen's Orb of Command]

Trinkets:
    [Communal Stone of Wisdom] - double int, but aviability make it hardly viable choice, procs from heals.
    [Relic of Yu'lon] - double int, procs from damage.
    [Yu'lon's Bite] - crit proc, 20sec, 115cd, procs from damage.
    [Vision of the Predator] - crit proc, 30sec, 115cd, procs from damage.
    [Blossom of Pure Snow] - crit use, 15sec, 60cd.
    [Relic of Chi-Ji] - spirit proc, high base int, procs from heals.
    [Zen Alchemist Stone] - mastery base, high int proc, 15sec, 55cd.

Double int trinkets stand far ahead of other ones, but one of them comes only from 90LvL Boost.
    Bite and Predator - do the same thing, just Bite gives more Crit but for shorter period.
    Blossom gives least crit, but it's on-use trinket.
    Chi-Ji gives 178 more intellect than other trinkets, but have spirit as proc.
    Alchemist gives 293 more stat from proc than avarage value (847), but have Mastery as static stat.
    Last edited by Whiterock; 2014-03-22 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    Here is a list of the "competitive" classes for CMs if going for regional times or top server times on a really competitive server.

-- Top tier --

Brewmaster monk
    Disc priest
    Frost mage
    Ele shaman
    Surv hunter
    Destro lock
    Prot warrior

-- Second tier --

Blood dk
    Resto druid
    Arms warrior
    With this in mind, I wanted to offer up my own BiS list for Arms Warrior as I do feel they're very under played in CMs.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

I have most the Spreadsheet with Notes as to why things are a certain way. Wondering if anyone has better suggestions.

Deleted
    I thought legendary cloak didn't work in CM

Quote Originally Posted by Zenora View Post
    I thought legendary cloak didn't work in CM
    You're correct. The proc doesn't work, but the stats+gem works so it's actually not that bad.

BiS profession along with engineering should probably be leatherworking or alch rather than blacksmithing

10+ Year Old Account
    Wondering why the mace from Lei is BIS for ele shaman, wouldn't the heirloom mace from garrosh be better? 2 gems slots (instead 1 + primatic) both red, better bonus, spirit + mastery instead of spirit + haste
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

It may be because the two sockets on the heirloom mace fuck up the itemization more so than the Lei mace since it only has on true socket on it. I dont know for certain but the Prismatic socket may not effect the base stats of the item and the extra socket bonus may not make up for the difference. That's my guess at least.
    Either way it's probably very close to the point that it hardly matters.

I've done plenty of runs with people in 2nd and third BIS pieces and still achieved top 20 world and US best times. This is especially true for classes that need Raden gear. Priests are easy to Bis gear for CM's but a lot of classes need Raden gear and if you look at the top teams in the world a majority of them have little if any Raden gear.
    Last edited by SouperDisc; 2014-03-22 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    not being funny but the point of the list is to be BiS, can you like stop saying yeah but if X cant do X boss then X is better, such a waste of time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Wondering why the mace from Lei is BIS for ele shaman, wouldn't the heirloom mace from garrosh be better? 2 gems slots (instead 1 + primatic) both red, better bonus, spirit + mastery instead of spirit + haste
    - extra free socket (you lose 60int from the bonus but you win a full socket)
    - this item is bugged and has +80int -80stam

10+ Year Old Account
    why does everyone fawn over bm monks aside from their damage? But to heal most of the healers ive ran with hate bm monks because they take so much damage so they say. I normally run with blood dks and warriors that are pretty skilled. The healers that Ive ran with all say they would rather a warrior or a blood dk over a monk, and these arent any random healers, the healers i run with have top us times. dunno what the deal is
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    why does everyone fawn over bm monks aside from their damage? But to heal most of the healers ive ran with hate bm monks because they take so much damage so they say. I normally run with blood dks and warriors that are pretty skilled. The healers that Ive ran with all say they would rather a warrior or a blood dk over a monk, and these arent any random healers, the healers i run with have top us times. dunno what the deal is
    Having done CM's as a blood dk (and not skilled I assure you!) the shaman healer spent most of the time spamming lightning bolts and said I was absolute cake to heal. I can't imagine the extra damage taken is a dealbreaker even when you are pulling more for server best times.

I haven't done any other tanks, but blood DK's do feel pretty invincible in CM's. The only thing I felt squishy on was the blood butcher room in scholo
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It is because of their damage is all. All tanks can live in CMs, it goes next to damage and who can do the most most often. Monks win that, thus they are the best tank. I used my boost on a BM monk for CMs and my healer hates it compared to my warrior.

Deleted
    What do you consider best for bm monks trying to push for server records. Staff/polearm or dual wield? I have lei shen staff and two twins fist weapons. Dunno what to equip

Deleted
    While doing decent timers, monks are also incredibly powerful at leeching vengeance. Zen med + diffuse magic can give wings to your xuen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post
    What do you consider best for bm monks trying to push for server records. Staff/polearm or dual wield? I have lei shen staff and two twins fist weapons. Dunno what to equip
    Dual wield = dual free prismatic slot. As far as I know, this is the only difference.

Originally Posted by Vyla
    Dual wield = dual free prismatic slot. As far as I know, this is the only difference.
    I believe the more important difference has to do with healing orb generation and elusive brew stack generation. DW, as far as I know, is better for straight forward damage while polearms will help to generate more healing orbs.
    Last edited by SouperDisc; 2014-03-23 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    Simply not true, BrM is kind of spikey but with their AM up they are extremely strong defensively, possibly not the strongest but as long as it is being played properly there is absolutely nothing wrong with BrM survivability. Also yes their damage is very good + as has already been mentioned they have many niche abilities that allow them to whore vengeance very effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post
    DW has 2 extra sockets along with being marginally better dps regardless so its the clear choice.