10+ Year Old Account

Account Locked while trying to acess Armory APP from Tablet...

Downloaded the app from PlayStore to have on my tablet, but everytime I try to log it automaticly Locks my account, making me hardreset my Password and all that shenannigans, but on my phone it doesn't do that. Any clues on why this happens? Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only guess, which is an assumption, is that when you access from your tablet you are doing so while out and about and are using a different IP address causing blizzard to suspect suspicious location activity on your account. This would cause them to temp lock your account to potentially protect you from a hacking threat. If you are using a variety of different Wifi's you are using a variety of IP addresses to connect to your account and that will automatically appear as suspicious behaviour.

If this assumption is incorrect than I have absolutely no idea what it could be. Please elaborate on the places you use your tablet to access the armory please.

10+ Year Old Account
    (sorry for noobtalk)
    so, my tablet is connected via the same wireless as my laptop where i'm playing, and since the account is open on it, blizzard locks the account?

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened to me three days in a row a month or so ago when I used the app on my ipad. There was an update and then since then it hasn't happened. Maybe android hasn't gotten that update yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    This happened to me three days in a row a month or so ago when I used the app on my ipad. There was an update and then since then it hasn't happened. Maybe android hasn't gotten that update yet?
    Thanks both for the fast answers, I downloaded it today and haven't checked comments yet on Google Play, will see if theres some light there. And to be honest I cba to try to log again on the tablet, since I have to change the PW again and again...

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks, I wonder if Blizzard is detecting the physical address of your computer changing when you use your tablet, or if tablets in general use some kind of obscure coding that trigger Blizzard's defense mechanism to protect an account. I wonder if any other tablet users can shed some light on this if they are currently or have otherwise experienced similar problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exhale View Post
    (sorry for noobtalk)
    so, my tablet is connected via the same wireless as my laptop where i'm playing, and since the account is open on it, blizzard locks the account?

Are you trying to access WoW armory from your tablet while you are logged into WoW on your computer? That may fall into the category of trying to log into your account twice simultaneously and could be the source of your problem, once again another assumption.
    Last edited by Yimereh; 2013-12-27 at 04:47 AM.

I use the Armory app frequently on my Android phone, on my Wifi or it's data network, and I have no issues. I also have tried logging on while already playing, and the only thing it does is, if I try to log into guild chat or the auction house, is "You are already logged into this account".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tigojones View Post
    I use the Armory app frequently on my Android phone, on my Wifi or it's data network, and I have no issues. I also have tried logging on while already playing, and the only thing it does is, if I try to log into guild chat or the auction house, is "You are already logged into this account".
    That's interesting, so we can count out android phones simultaneously trying to access so I wonder if tablets have some unique interaction with Blizzard's app that is causing this. We have at least one other person who experienced something similar prior to an i-pad patch so I wonder if any other tablet users can provide some feedback.

Downloaded the app from PlayStore to have on my tablet, but everytime I try to log it automaticly Locks my account, making me hardreset my Password and all that shenannigans, but on my phone it doesn't do that. Any clues on why this happens? Thanks in advance.
    Are you connecting over your home internet connection? This happens because the blizzard server notices that you're logging in from an "unknown"(ie. not your home ip) it thinks you're being hacked and blocks your account, get yourself an authenticator.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Are you connecting over your home internet connection? This happens because the blizzard server notices that you're logging in from an "unknown"(ie. not your home ip) it thinks you're being hacked and blocks your account, get yourself an authenticator.
    I have an authenticator, since the first days of it. Well, I will update with info's regarding the options mentioned above, but so far I think it's strange. And yes, I was trying to connect while being online on my character (was doing arenas even, silly me).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an authenticator, since the first days of it. Well, I will update with info's regarding the options mentioned above, but so far I think it's strange. And yes, I was trying to connect while being online on my character (was doing arenas even, silly me).
    The multiple instances of being online is the only thing I can believe would possibly trigger this without more information from others experiencing your symptoms.

My reasoning is that a phone must have a different ID that differentiates it from a computer, whereas many tablets can effectively function as computers and Blizzard could be seeing 2 potential computers trying to log into the same account. Otherwise it must be some kind of programming fault associated with your tablet that Blizzard detects as threatening.

complete the pw reset from your tablet. try again.

also add an authenticator + sms protect, should see these locks a lil bit less.